PDA

View Full Version : Where online can I go to see Used Boats?

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2003, 12:47 PM
I'm interested in looking at used boats. Any URLs you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

superV
05-09-2003, 12:52 PM
MagicMtnDan:
I'm interested in looking at used boats. Any URLs you can provide would be helpful. Thanks! You are at the best place!What type of boat are you looking for?

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Please don't laugh at my inability to clearly communicate the answer to your simple question - it's just that I don't know exactly (maybe you can help?).
This will be our first boat. I've been a frequent guest on others boats (Essex and others) and (don't shoot me) been a long time (but now former) owner of PWCs (stand ups and sit downs). Last PWC I owned did 65mph so I want a boat that definitely can do 70+.
We're not big into skiing or wakeboarding but I'm sure we'd like to take our guests occasionally. We don't have a big family - there are three of us (wife and 20 year old hottie daughter).
I know we'll want more power/speed when we buy so I'd like to avoid that problem from the start hence the 70+ mph. I like the look of the deck boats but I can't see needing a 28 footer nor will we have lots of people on board.
I do want a boat that can handle the winds/chop. Primary boating locations will be lakes (Mojave, Havasu, etc.) and river. I think we'd want at least a 23 footer.
Again, this will be our first boat but assuming we can learn safely and quickly I don't want a "starter boat." How do I decide between a cat and a V-hull? And prop vs. jet? (All my friends' boats are props but I'm open to suggestions).
What do you recommend? Thanks for your help.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Try BoatXchange (http://www.boatxchange.com)

DirtyBob
05-09-2003, 02:11 PM
try recycler online:
Recycler Classifieds (http://www.recycler.com/)
Good Luck, and congratulations on the crossover! smile_sp

Caribbean Jet
05-09-2003, 02:14 PM
www.traderpub.com (http://www.traderpub.com)
They Have listings for just about everything including a great boat section.

Caribbean Jet
05-09-2003, 02:14 PM
www.traderpub.com (http://www.traderpub.com)
They Have listings for just about everything including a great boat section.

BGMAN203
05-09-2003, 05:25 PM
MagicMtnDan:
Please don't laugh at my inability to clearly communicate the answer to your simple question - it's just that I don't know exactly (maybe you can help?).
This will be our first boat. I've been a frequent guest on others boats (Essex and others) and (don't shoot me) been a long time (but now former) owner of PWCs (stand ups and sit downs). Last PWC I owned did 65mph so I want a boat that definitely can do 70+.
We're not big into skiing or wakeboarding but I'm sure we'd like to take our guests occasionally. We don't have a big family - there are three of us (wife and 20 year old hottie daughter).
I know we'll want more power/speed when we buy so I'd like to avoid that problem from the start hence the 70+ mph. I like the look of the deck boats but I can't see needing a 28 footer nor will we have lots of people on board.
I do want a boat that can handle the winds/chop. Primary boating locations will be lakes (Mojave, Havasu, etc.) and river. I think we'd want at least a 23 footer.
Again, this will be our first boat but assuming we can learn safely and quickly I don't want a "starter boat." How do I decide between a cat and a V-hull? And prop vs. jet? (All my friends' boats are props but I'm open to suggestions).
What do you recommend? Thanks for your help. Enough about the boat stuff.....what about "your hottie daughter"??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:
[ May 09, 2003, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: BGMAN203 ]

burtandnancy
05-10-2003, 06:38 PM
I've had great luck with boattraderonline both buying and selling. Why not give us a clue what you're looking for, a lot of guys may be sitting on something you'd like. Give a clue as to budget, size and style. You may be surprised whats around...

Kilrtoy
05-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Nice avatar dirtybob

25 Eagle
05-11-2003, 05:31 AM
How bout a cherry '97 Eliminator Eagle that will run 73mph/gps. Great boat for little money 41K should take her.

burtandnancy
05-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Then maybe not. But you see what I mean. Give it a try...

Keith E. Sayre
05-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Please tell us more specifics. length range,
price range, open bow walkthru or mid cabin-- openbow? I can send you a zillion photos once
we establish these.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400