PDA

View Full Version : Drag Racing in Texas

Taylorman
03-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Where can i find info on drag racing in Texas? I went to Marble Falls a couple years ago but its a little far. Any races a little closer to Houston?

Greaser
03-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Where can i find info on drag racing in Texas? I went to Marble Falls a couple years ago but its a little far. Any races a little closer to Houston?
Not that I know of. We have the Waco races next month!

Devilman
03-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Not that I know of. We have the Waco races next month!
Too bad you can't go.... :rollside:

STV Mike
03-14-2006, 08:41 PM
DSRA is having the 1st race april 8th and 9th if you like outboard racing. It is in Vidor which is 10 minutes outside of Beaumont. If you have not gone to a DSRA race, you should. Also, they have sst120 races on the San Jacinto River in the summer. The San Jac River is in Houston.

spanky spanky
03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
go to www.sdbaracing.com there is a schedule.

vdrivenman
03-15-2006, 04:11 AM
i think Waco races are the best from spectator point. you are close to the track(river). there is shade & benches to sit on and they race right in front of you ,not away from you !
the races in ft. worth in the lake out by the interstate were pretty good too except it wasn't a full 1/4 mile!

Rocket
03-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Well Bryan Collage Station is about as close as SDBA will get to you this season! :rollside:
But, Any of the SDBA races's you go to will be well worth your drive!!! :rollside: V-drives right,, the Waco Race's have some of the best viewing areas for spectators there are!!!
Here's the link to SDBA Schedule!!>> http://www.sdbaracing.com/schedule.htm
Just plan yourself a Road Trip,, And come see "The Fastest Show on H2O"!!!! :cool:

Jim Hall
03-15-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree Waco is the best place I have ever been for boat drags except maybe Long Beach. I'll be there.

Dog
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Oklahoma City is nice also. A little far from houston though.

Rampgirl
03-15-2006, 09:25 AM
:crossx:
I am so sick of winter....is it time to go to Waco and race yet??????? :cry:

Dog
03-15-2006, 09:38 AM
:crossx:
I am so sick of winter....is it time to go to Waco and race yet??????? :cry:
43 days

Greaser
03-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Too bad you can't go.... :rollside:
Why cant I????? I've already got sleeping arrangements right down the road from Cameron Park!!!!!

Greaser
03-15-2006, 01:58 PM
April 28, 29 & 30 Waco - Duel On The Brazos
June 3 & 4 Brady - Heart Of Texas Thunder
July 1 & 2 Waco - Texas Shoot-Out
July 14, 15 & 16 - Bricktown Nationals
Aug 5 & 6 Ft. Worth - Cowtown Nationals
Aug 26 & 27 Bryan - Lake Bryan Nationals

Cheyenne372
03-16-2006, 04:06 AM
i think Waco races are the best from spectator point. you are close to the track(river). there is shade & benches to sit on and they race right in front of you ,not away from you !
the races in ft. worth in the lake out by the interstate were pretty good too except it wasn't a full 1/4 mile!
vdriveman:
Just for clarification....the Ft Worth track at Marine Creek IS a full 1/4 mile track!
The SDBA does not...at this point....run any races that are not 1320'.
My dad started drag boat racing in Waco and this will be the 31st consecutive year that races have been held there. Kinda take some personal pride in that track (don't I Mike...?).
If anybody needs some hotel info, please contact me because there are some that you might not want to stay at!
As of yesterday, the host hotel will be what was the old Lexington Inn (the name recently changed and I can't remember what it is at 5:45 in the morning) at University Parks Drive and I-35. (254) 754-1266. Ask for the racer rates. Think that the rate is about $65.00.
COME SEE US!

Rocket
03-16-2006, 04:53 AM
vdriveman:
Just for clarification....the Ft Worth track at Marine Creek IS a full 1/4 mile track!
The SDBA does not...at this point....run any races that are not 1320'.
My dad started drag boat racing in Waco and this will be the 31st consecutive year that races have been held there. Kinda take some personal pride in that track (don't I Mike...?).
If anybody needs some hotel info, please contact me because there are some that you might not want to stay at!
As of yesterday, the host hotel will be what was the old Lexington Inn (the name recently changed and I can't remember what it is at 5:45 in the morning) at University Parks Drive and I-35. (254) 754-1266. Ask for the racer rates. Think that the rate is about $65.00.
COME SEE US!
Gary,,,
#1 I think V-driveman was talking about the "Spectator Viewing" was not a full 1/4 mile................. :rollside: Not the Track!!! (I read it like that at first tooo,,, Then I re-read it and I understood what he was Typing!)
#2 Yes you do!!! :)
#3 I didn't know there was a host hotel!!! Is it nicer than the "Victorian"??? How far from the track is it??? Sometimes I like to sleep in until just before my Ramp call,, then jump in the truck and Hall butt!!! :jawdrop:
#4 Have they started raising the water yet????? :idea:

vdrivenman
03-16-2006, 06:00 AM
my bad!
the couple of times i was there some of the boats did not make a full 1/4 mile pass. it was fuelers Kyle Walker Spirit of Texas aka Crown Royal ride and a couple others.
not that they were not capable i think they were a little short on shut down area,but everyone else ran full 1/4. War Party,Lickin & Kickin
been a few yrs since i 've been.
MF is just way too hot for my old self and the prices merchants were charging was steep. i like Whakco. park the rv in the field outside the fence and make a weekend of it.
close up and personal there>

Cheyenne372
03-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Rocket:
#3: The hotel is at University Parks Drive and I-35...on the West Side of the Interstate. University Parks is the first exit South of the Brazos River when heading South on I-35.
#4: I just got off of the phone with the Director in charge of the dam project and he said that they are still on for raising the water on April 7. He meets with the City Manager and Staff tomorrow in a weekly status meeting and will let me know if anything changes.

Cheyenne372
03-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Rocket:
Additional information about the hotel, which will be in the newsletter that you should receive in the mail shortly.
HOST HOTEL FOR WACO for both APRIL & JULY
America's Best Value Inn
115 S. Jack Kultgen Expressway (I-35)
(254) 754-1266
Rate is $65.00 per night
Mention SDBA rate code 061006
Must reserve by March 31st.
www.americasbestvalueinn.com
P.S. I got the city to fill in those holes on the in-ramp with asphalt and they even filled in that grass area in the middle of the turn-around where the tree used to be!...... :)

Rocket
03-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Rocket:
Additional information about the hotel, which will be in the newsletter that you should receive in the mail shortly.
HOST HOTEL FOR WACO for both APRIL & JULY
America's Best Value Inn
115 S. Jack Kultgen Expressway (I-35)
(254) 754-1266
Rate is $65.00 per night
Mention SDBA rate code 061006
Must reserve by March 31st.
www.americasbestvalueinn.com
P.S. I got the city to fill in those holes on the in-ramp with asphalt and they even filled in that grass area in the middle of the turn-around where the tree used to be!...... :)
Cool!!! Thanks!!! :boxed: Hey,, Is it nicer than the Victorian??? (IYHO?)

Cheyenne372
03-18-2006, 04:23 AM
Absolutely....!
And it is going through a remodel as we speak. Should be completed before the race.
It has a pool and hot tub that the Victorian doesn't.