PDA

View Full Version : Shasta for Memorial Day?

Boatmaster
05-15-2003, 06:20 AM
Anyone going? I will be on my houseboat in Shasta Marina in Obrien Inlet on the Sac arm from friday morning through monday. 25 Daytona twin 300mercs.

Robbie Racer
05-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Hey Boatmaster, what happened to you last weekend. I was keeping an eye out for you at Berryessa but I didn't see you. We will be at Don Pedro over Memorial weekend but will hook up with you at Shasta in late June through the July 4th weekend. R/R

Boatmaster
05-16-2003, 06:07 AM
I got hooked into the Discovery Bay Boat Show last weekend and missed it, how was the turn out? I will be at Shasta for ten days over the 4th on the houseboat. All the locals with the smaller daytonas will be there. We tie up about ten houseboats in Kelly Cove across from Obrien Inlet. Rock-It Man from Oregon will (should) be there with his new 1400hp 26Daytona(shooting for the 130s) we'll see. Should be fun. Look for two of my customers up at Pedro one 19 Daytona with a new 2.5 280hp merc(white with blue and pink)and a DCB Mach 22 with a 300X that I sold this winter(white and Black). Both very nice people. See ya on the 4th!!!

Robbie Racer
05-16-2003, 07:55 AM
Boatmaster: There was a big turn out of V-drive hot rods and even quite a few bigger boats. Ken Applegate brought out his new AO-26. Doug was there in his new 35' Jag cat. There were a couple of Fountains and one brand new beautiful DCB F-34 with twin Teague 1150's. He said he could cruise at 120 mph at 4600 or 4800 rpm. I will keep my eyes open for your customers at Don Pedro over Memorial weekend. We will see you at Shasta over the July 4th weekend. R/R

Boatmaster
05-16-2003, 10:03 AM
Glad to hear Ken is up and running that was a sad deal. See ya on the 4th. Is Ken coming up to Shasta with his Reno group?

Robbie Racer
05-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Ken is planning on being at Shasta with his group from June 27th through the July 4th weekend. There should be a great turnout out of hot boats that week. We will see you there then. Have fun this weekend. R/R

Rock-it man
05-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Boatmaster,I will be there the 4th with bells on!!!! Hoping to finish rigging the boat this week and will be at shasta Mem day weekend some time maybe Sat for the first run,will be easy on it ,will have breakin oil in it,OH !!!! The motor has grown up just a little its now capable of 1700-1800 hp on race gas !!!!! Ya a little overboard but now I can make most any power I want.Will look you up Mem weekend. Looking forward to the 4th of july !!!!!!!! See ya this weekend ROCK-IT MAN

Boatmaster
05-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Can't wait to see that boat Rock-it Man see ya Saturday. Where are you going to be? Are you staying in the marina or going to Backbone?

Rock-it man
05-21-2003, 02:02 PM
Not sure where will stay as I have to do some work on the houseboat,eng tune,oil,etc and replace one of the refers .Will try to be in late sat afternoon and will look ya up.Still trying to finish the boat.As you know when ya build something custom nothing you buy fits and everything has to be modified, wish there was a manufacure of parts that could build something that fits or works right the first time.Will probably stay in the marina sat evening and go out sun.Have to come back sun pm though.ROCK-IT MAN

TripleThreat
05-21-2003, 10:21 PM
I'll be cruising around the Pit Arm. We have a camp set up on a point a little past Rend Island. Look for this boat. Stop by and say hi. Take care.
http://webpages.charter.net/triplethreat/images/lt_side.jpg

BK
05-22-2003, 09:24 AM
I'll also be out there on Sunday-Monday (probley with TripleThreat) so waive me down and say hi if ya see me. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/14ByronTravis.JPG

Boatmaster
05-22-2003, 09:36 AM
I'll look for you both. I am in Shasta Marina with all the other Daytonas. Look for me all weekend in a 25 Eliminator Daytona with twin 300 Mercs.

Rock-it man
05-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey !! Boatmaster sorry did not make it to shasta untill Mon afternoon. Some of the last minute parts I was waiting for came in late and some that did make it were the wrong ones.Got the motor fired up Sun night and had to get the right power steering line Mon am. Got there around 2:30 and cruiseed the lake a couple hrs to break in the motor,saw Phill there at the marina and said Hi ,I will be there next weekend again to run the boat as we never got it over 3000 the first 2 hrs now have to retime,ajust valves and change the breakin oil to syn and will be
ready to rock !!!!ROCK-IT MAN

Boatmaster
05-28-2003, 05:57 AM
Sorry I missed you I left early Sunday. Will be back up on the fourth at the latest. Few good boats out this weekend, but nothing great.

SoCalOffshore
05-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Any ideas where to camp/rv or rent a cabin on Shasta for the 4th. at this late date???

BK
05-28-2003, 07:48 AM
SoCalOffshore:
Any ideas where to camp/rv or rent a cabin on Shasta for the 4th. at this late date??? Call Seven Crowns Resorts, they do alot of the reservations for Shasta. The # is 800-752-9669, I just called and they do have a couple of rooms at Bridge Bay Resort witch is real nice and I think they're right around $100 a night. You might also try Antlers Marina 800-642-6849 for RV and they also have cabins but im sure they're probley all taken by now? Good luck and if you need any more info let me know. :)

Robbie Racer
05-28-2003, 08:04 AM
Byron's suggestion is a good one. Another option is calling Shasta Lake RV Resort and Campground at 530-238-2370 (www.shastalakerv.com) That is where we will be over the July 4th weekend (and the week prior). I don't know if they still have reservations left available at this date or not. Good luck, R/R

BK
05-28-2003, 08:14 AM
Hey RR, how was Don Pedro? Hope you guys had a good time.

Robbie Racer
05-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi Byron, we had a great time at Don Pedro. The boat ran good and I didn't break anything so that is always a good thing. Plus, we got to spend some fun time with Brian & family and the Rocks. Don (Squirt) even came up for a short while. I heard that you had a great time at the races at Red Bluff on Saturday and on Shasta on Sunday. I can hardly wait until June 28th to get up there again. R/R

BK
05-28-2003, 02:57 PM
Yeah Keith Shasta is just awsome, the water is in the trees and should stay much higher than last year. Glad to here you guys had a good time and nothing broke, see ya at CFW in a couple weeks! :)

SoCalOffshore
05-28-2003, 09:55 PM
thanks for the info.