PDA

View Full Version : Any Hot Boaters in Oregon/Washington

Rock-it man
04-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Are there any hot boaters in Oregon or Washington even Northern Calif CHECK IN !!!!!would be great to know if there is more than myself up here in the cold northwest, Will be at the Portland poker run this July 19 and at lake shasta a lot . where do ya all hang out.The ice has almost melted hehehe !!! Im in Grants Pass Oregon, Eliminater datona 26. Thanks ROCK-IT MAN

CHEEZ
04-18-2003, 12:50 PM
IM IN WENATCHEE WA, WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL ABOUT 60
GOT A NORDIC HEAT. HOW IS THE PORTLAND RUN? JUST GOT BACK FROM HAVASU 2 WEEKS AGO WHAT A BLAST!!!

Rock-it man
04-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Cheez Great hereing from someone else up here in ICE land. I emailed ya a note. Portland poker run is the best organized I have been to and I was there last two years lots of nordics there.MY last boat was a nordic YA !!! Im the crazy fool that ran a 25 ft rage at 98.6 mph at last years Sacramento Shootout,was fun but now Im after real speed with a datona 26 and 1500-1600 HP Dont know haw fast yet but I heard a datona 26 with 1250hp and a #6 drive ran 136 so I should be much faster I m runnig the new imco 4x4 drive, ROCK-IT MAN

acatitude
04-18-2003, 08:28 PM
rocket are you coming to shasta sometime between june 27/july 6th? think i saw you post about it. We are also going to berryessa on may 10/11

Rock-it man
04-18-2003, 08:55 PM
You Can bet on it!!! I will be at Shasta May 24,25,26 dialing in the boat and July 3,4,5,6.I will park my houseboat (Drifting Dream) at the cove just across from the obrian inlet on the Sacto arm where boatmaster will be.A lot of cool boats comming that weekend from all over ,should be a blast !! Wont have a lot of time in the drivers seat yet so it may be your only chance to try me on hehehe !!!! My motor has grown up its now capable of 1600+hp Ye !! Ha !! I know way too much power but just HAD to have it,Will underdrive the blower for a while to get a feeling for the motor and the handling of the boat,so will only be around 1000-1200hp there,dont know the speed yet and will probably not try for top speed for a while and besides need to have a very experienced driver to try that later this summer maybe at parker in Sept ,Brent from Eliminater is considering driving it and break 150mph. Hope the drive holds up its the new imco 4x4 drive with a trans built in the standoff box. Hope to see ya at Shasta. I think you can spot my boat out there hehehe !!!! GO FAST ROCK-IT MAN

DickDanger
04-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Too funny Cheez. I grew up in Wenatchee, and lived there until I was 21. Grew up skiing around Lincoln Park, Rock Island Dam, etc. Lived in Seattle area for 4, and then ran my ass down to SoCal 7 years ago. Cant say I miss the weather there that much, cos when it is February down here, and I am outside in shorts and no shirt, I thank my lucky stars that I bailed....lmao. -DD Out

boatguy222
04-18-2003, 09:48 PM
I am here in eugene, just an old school v-drive guy, I am kinda interested in the Portland poker run deal though, were can i get info about it? I have a 20' Schiada W/ ski race set up.
Also run with the Nostaliga flatbottom guy in Eastern Washington.

Cas
04-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Rock-it,
Check out www.laidbackboaters.com (http://www.laidbackboaters.com) and click on the message board link. We have quite a few things going on, one of which is what BlownCarrera mentioned. We also have 5 or 6 members in the Pacific NW and growing.

acatitude
04-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Look forward to seeing ya rocket, we will be hooking up with boatmaster also. Sounds like it should be a great week there. I have a 26 nsx American Offshore. we will find ya

acatitude
04-19-2003, 12:05 AM
Oh but I wont be racing you guys, mine is new just have the 502 in it till next winter

Rock-it man
04-19-2003, 08:18 AM
The Portland poker run is July 19 call 503-793-2164 Its the best orginized I have ever been to and a great run 70-80 miles lunch,dinner etc.they have a limit on boats as it starts downtown portland so get in early ROCK-IT MAN

malcolm
04-19-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm in Washington. Not many of us up here huh!

Spectra19
04-19-2003, 09:50 PM
There are a few of us here. I am in Vancouver, Wa and there are a few of us here. Go to www.cdbaracing.com (http://www.cdbaracing.com) and check out there site maybe you could hit one of the races. And as far as the poker run is it on the Willamet river? Got a email about it but did not look at it.
Scott

Rock-it man
04-20-2003, 08:19 AM
The Portland Poker Run starts downtown at Willament park sat am runs down to the Columbia river up the columbia to above the I-5 bridge and then back down to St Helens and stops at Sand Island.What a great run !!!! I have been at the last two this july will be the third year.theres still room for more boats as I checked today cost is only $ 125.00 by the end of this month and includes T shirts and lunch and an awards dinner sat night which costs $ 15.00Call 503-793-2164 for info,you wont be disapointed !!!!.Thanks Rock-it Man

Spectra19
04-20-2003, 09:52 AM
I do not like to run in the Columbia to many BIG ships. My little 19 footer does not like those four foot rollers from the barges and tugs. Hope you guys have a good time and may the weather be with you.
Scott

Rock-it man
04-20-2003, 12:46 PM
The Columbia can be rough,have never ran into a ship comming in or out douring the last two years run,your right drag boats are a bit small for the columbia but they sure are fun when the water is right !!!!! I have seen a lot of drag type boats up here but not a lot of offshore type or Cats would be nice if we all knew where they were ,sometimes its boring running by yourself,so many of the lakes in Ore are so small for Cats but still fun I have a house boat at Shasta and theres always room for more.Heard there is a couple large lakes up in Wash and would like to go up there sometime. Thanks ROCK-IT MAN

RMKwest
04-27-2003, 09:42 AM
Washinton has some great ***boat action.
Every year seafair on the logboom on lake washington. Any weekend at creasant bar on the columbia river.{about 8 miles up from vantage}.4th of july at lake chelan. A great poker run in the salt on puget sound out of bremerton. Just a short list!!!

Rock-it man
04-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Where is cresent bar from portland ore,whats going on at sea fest when? is it.I heard lake wash is good ? never beeen north of portland ,Will be in portland for the poker run July 19,03. Would like to get up north sometime ROCK-IT MAN

RMKwest
04-27-2003, 09:30 PM
The famous cresant bar is in the very middle of Washington on I-90. Seafair is the first weekend of august and is a stop on the unlimited hydro-tour. The blue angels put on a show with about 5,000 boaters on the log boom in a huge party formation watching the race. Giant party on lake Washington.

gnarley
04-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Does anyone from Nor-cal, Oregon or Washington boat at Upper Klamath Lake? Whats it like?
[ April 28, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: gnarley ]