PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin to the Sandbar

Up 4 River
06-02-2003, 01:30 PM
How long will it take me in the boat to get from Laughlin down to the Sandbar? Thanks for the help.

dimarcobros
06-02-2003, 01:46 PM
In your boat??? It might take you all day if that is the case. :D :D
Weren't you with us when we did that run awhile back?

Up 4 River
06-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Yes in my boat! At least I can get there and back in my boat without having to fill up on gas on the drive down there. :D
We are thinking about crusing down river instead of spending Saturday on Mohave.

dimarcobros
06-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Not with the new tanks we just put in. Are you going to be taking your boat regardless? If you are going to be on the river instead of the lake let me know and we can meet up. Who knows I might need a tow from running out of gas. :p

LaveyJet
06-02-2003, 02:06 PM
Up 4 River:
How long will it take me in the boat to get from Laughlin down to the Sandbar? Thanks for the help. Depends where you launch, I think it's about 50 miles from the Riverside. We usually launch from Big Bend, small fee + no current = easy time. Have to wait for the river to come up, usually around 10. We'll be there on Sunday, cruise down to Topock.

al cole'holic
06-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Up 4 River:
How long will it take me in the boat to get from Laughlin down to the Sandbar? Thanks for the help. You runnin a jet or an I/O??

Up 4 River
06-02-2003, 02:20 PM
I'm running an I/O. I know that there are spots that get pretty shallow along the way. Thanks for the info on what time to launch with having to wait for the water levell to rise.

al cole'holic
06-02-2003, 02:28 PM
Up 4 River:
I'm running an I/O. I know that there are spots that get pretty shallow along the way. Thanks for the info on what time to launch with having to wait for the water levell to rise. Save yourself ALOT of tears and at least drop in Bullhead. There is a memorial park and ramp right at the Circle K off the 95 that is nice and free too. Couple of weeks ago I dropped in at the strip in Laughlin and went down to the channel in Havasu, it was a hell of a $pendy trip, between my back and the bravo... cry

Hustler
06-02-2003, 02:29 PM
If you are staying in laughlin take the 20 min. drive to to needles and launch from there. the river has been pretty low latley until about 1-2 o'clock

Up 4 River
06-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I will probably drop down in Needles to save myself the worries of messing up my outdrive.

dimarcobros
06-02-2003, 02:35 PM
I agree.....why even worry about it? Don't risk it because you are going to be pretty pissed if something happens and your boat is out of comission for the following weekend.

al cole'holic
06-02-2003, 02:43 PM
RiverDave:
Are you shittin me? Your boat got trashed as well??
Kinda makes ya wonder why we do this shit doesn't it?
RD I was so ****ed up on Demerol when I got out of the ER that I just got in and took off, shit was touchin down left and right...and at that point I didn't give a shit. In fact I distictly remember wanting to sink the PIG.

Up 4 River
06-02-2003, 02:47 PM
On second thought, maybe I should just wait until the next weekend when I am down in Havasu for Father's Day to make a Sandbar run.
Sorry to hear about how messed up up you and your boat got from that drive. eek!