PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Nickname for Lake Elsinore

Laveyman
08-12-2002, 07:04 AM
Since the topic of Elsinore has re-surfaced, I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's nickname for the lake is. I've heard many myself, but my all-time favorite is...
THE POLIO POND!!!
Let's hear em folks!!! :cool:

beached1
08-12-2002, 07:54 AM
The Polio Pond is the nickname for Lake Perris.
Lake Smellsomore = Lake Elsinore.

shockwaveharry
08-12-2002, 09:44 AM
Spinach Lake...
<--- You wouldn't know it from my avatar though.
[ August 12, 2002, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: shockwaveharry ]

HM
08-12-2002, 10:05 AM
If anyone has seen my posts, they know I am a big fan of Elsinore and know the bad reputation is unwaranted (anyone who reads the bacterial counts of any lake will see that Elsinore is one of the cleanest). I know the algea and dead fish seem to scream "Dirty Lake", but anyone from the mid west and east know the life cycles of natural lakes - unknown to most Californians.
That being said, here are a couple of funny nicks:
Lake Ear-infection
Lake Skanks-n-whores (actually not too far off on some of the locals)
Lake Smell-my-hole
Lake Smelly-hole
Lake Poopsinore
:D

Horsepowerchik
08-12-2002, 10:44 AM
HolyMoly:
That being said, here are a couple of funny nicks:
Lake Ear-infection
Lake Skanks-n-whores (actually not too far off on some of the locals)
Lake Smell-my-hole
Lake Smelly-hole
Lake Poopsinore
:D Holy Moly, that is some funny stuff. LMAO
HPCHik

H4215
08-12-2002, 01:30 PM
It is Lake Smellywhore, where anti-freeze goes to die..

burtandnancy
08-12-2002, 02:37 PM
On a more positive note, for us guys who like to do a lot of high speed testing, I call it:
Lake X West
Where else do you find a high speed zone specially designated for the tester, where on week days you're not hassled for noise, the local law enforcement guy is a boater and all around good guy with common sense, there is a part-time ramp manager who keeps things rolling who will also jump start you with a portable genset, etc..

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-12-2002, 03:39 PM
How about just plain old "Shit Hole"

Elsinore Cop
08-12-2002, 04:54 PM
Once I heard someone call it "Lake Guacamole"

slowinhavasu
08-12-2002, 09:01 PM
raised my kids on that lake from 1992ish to 2000...just because both one of them have webbed feet, is nothing to worry about....
"lake, had a bunch of great times "

Kwicherbichen
08-12-2002, 09:05 PM
I recently came up with a new one since the inception of toilet...er....recycled water.
Lake Algae-sore

Laveyman
08-13-2002, 02:25 AM
Holy Moly,
I didn't start this thread to bag on Elsinore. I too am a fan of the lake. I like it for the same reasons as burtandnanacy. I was just tryin' to keep things on the lighter side for a while!
As far as the names....Some pretty funny chit!!! :cool:

HM
08-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Hey LM,
I know you were not baggin on Elsinore, I just threw up my M.O. quick before I got hurled with comments about my nicknames after defending Elsionre in several other posts.
It is a hard delima - If it has a bad rep - less people come and it is less crowded for us who like it. But, without it growing in popularity, then the City will be very slow to make the needed changes like adding water, policing the tweakers on the beaches and the streets.
No problem LM, infact I was going to start lookin for ya on the lake! Time to rumble - just kiddin! :D Since you are in Corona, you are just a few minutes away - Aren't you glad they repaved Lake Street!

PipesClean
08-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Actually, the way the lake was named is this... When the first settlers arrived (Mexicans) one looked at the other and he said...(in an accent) "It SMELLS LIKE HELL SENIOR"!

Whatboat
08-13-2002, 12:19 PM
funny stuff, wife thinks i've lost it, for laughing at the pc.
we call our lake winna-septic

DickDanger
08-13-2002, 03:00 PM
If you are unfortunate enough to ingest some of that fine green slime, then you will come to know it as..."Lake Shit-Some-More."
-DD Out

24ROD
08-13-2002, 04:08 PM
Smellsomemore good place to go when you don't have a lot of time on your hands. wink

HM
08-13-2002, 09:31 PM
24ROD:
Smellsomemore good place to go when you don't have a lot of time on your hands. wink Like tonight, it was about 6PM and said "I want to go for a cruise and due some tunnin on the flatty." Launched by 6:30 PM. Did two laps, hitting 85 a couple of times and once over 90 (on GPS) (Down the middle of course wink ). Pulled her out and wiped her down and ran into RevnDave and did some shop talk. Was home at 8:00 PM.
Don't mess with RevnDave - one bad ass pump boat!

beached1
08-13-2002, 09:56 PM
PipesClean:
Actually, the way the lake was named is this... When the first settlers arrived (Mexicans) one looked at the other and he said...(in an accent) "It SMELLS LIKE HELL SENIOR"!LOL! I choked on my beer on this one. Too funny.

HM
08-13-2002, 10:01 PM
beached1:
PipesClean:
Actually, the way the lake was named is this... When the first settlers arrived (Mexicans) one looked at the other and he said...(in an accent) "It SMELLS LIKE HELL SENIOR"!LOL! I choked on my beer on this one. Too funny.I gotta agree with Beached 1 - that one made me spit diet Dr. Pepper out my nose!
I think PipesClean is up for best Nick!

BBTAHITI
08-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Wetdawg and I will be out with the Tahiti Sunday morning from West (or whatever it's called now). Look for the gray and black tahiti with the white bimini.

Laveyman
08-14-2002, 04:31 PM
HolyMoly:
It is a hard delima - If it has a bad rep - less people come and it is less crowded for us who like it. But, without it growing in popularity, then the City will be very slow to make the needed changes like adding water, policing the tweakers on the beaches and the streets.
No problem LM, infact I was going to start lookin for ya on the lake! Time to rumble - just kiddin! :D Since you are in Corona, you are just a few minutes away - Aren't you glad they repaved Lake Street!I wish I could bring my boat to Elsinore and get it wet. She's stored in Needles, and $$$$ makes it a problem these days. If I do bring her back this way a head there, I'll let ya know for sure. :cool: