PDA

View Full Version : I hate these damn repair shops!

boatlessd
07-19-2002, 09:08 PM
Just venting some anger! Took my boat to Performance Fiberglass in La Habra for some fiberglass and gel work. Was told on the phone it would take 1 week. Went to drop off the boat and told 2-3 weeks. Said no problem, that was fine because I had no trips planned. After 3 weeks, they said end of next week. This has been going on for 6 weeks. Then told last week that he would get the glass work done and we could take it this weekend and bring it back for the gel. Called Thursday, and he said the glass work is done but we cancelled our trip. I went down to the shop today to check the progress and guess what? NOTHING WAS $%#%@IN DONE!!! Needless to say, I was beyond pissed. Not only did they not do the work, but he blatantly lied to us. He is the most unprofessional shop I have ever dealt with. They then had the balls to say he could finish it next week. Why the hell would I believe him now. So, I pick up the boat and take it to another shop that will start on it tonight. Don't ever deal with this shop. It is obvious he doesn't value boaters since 95% of his work is with lake lice. My whole summer is just about screwed. Thanks for listening.

Wicked1
07-20-2002, 12:10 AM
Damn that really sucks when they give u the run around liek that when all you want is to get ur boat worked on,,,Thanks for the heads up though,,should have opened a can of whoopaas on him...

WetWillie
07-20-2002, 07:31 AM
Boatlessd
What program did you draw your blue flame job with??
Wet :D

WaltersCamp
07-20-2002, 07:40 AM
Use those huge avatar's while you can. I'm sure there is gonna be a limit to them soon. They are pretty neat but they take up a lot of server space.
I feel for boatlessd. It seems that every time I take my boat in for a tune-up, it always twice as long as they say it's going to be.
I had a friend who was getting an Ultra built for him last summer. They said it was gonna be done in June, but it took about 3 more months than scheduled. He missed an entire summer.
[ July 20, 2002, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: WaltersCamp ]

boatlessd
07-20-2002, 08:53 AM
WetWillie,
I pulled up the pic of the blue boat off an internet clipart site. I though it was cool so I used it. Search for boat pics and there are some nice pics.

DickDanger
07-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Well, if it makes you feel any better, heres my story...
My truck was hit, so I took in to a reputable place in Riverside. The guy tells me that they only need it for 4-5 days to do the repair work, repaint, etc. 3 weeks go by, and still, I have no truck. I counted a total of 6 times that they said "it will be done tomorrow, no problem" and a total of 4 times that they said "it is in the paint booth right now." So, finally the guy calls and says "well, it isnt done yet, but you can come pick it up, and bring it back later to finish it." I go down there, and proceed to start ripping the owner of the shop a new a**hole. I had every worker from the shop out front watching me tear this guy up. I tell him "dont blow any more smoke up my ass, and dont f**king lie to me again, when the f**k will it be done?" Well, after almost a month, I get my truck back, and despite all of the bullshit, they did a great job. -DD Out

Kwicherbichen
07-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Boatlessd,
I can't say how big of a repair he will do but, Gary Papp does gel work. He also works with his brother Tom Papp. I have seen the gel repairs he has done and they are invisible when he is done. Just a thought if you're looking for someone else.

PipesClean
07-22-2002, 06:46 AM
Boatlessd,
Which shop did you end up taking it to? What did you have done, or what did you want done, and have they finished it? Just curious to what you needed done, and how long it will take.
Stay Tuned!

HAVASU DCB
07-24-2002, 09:43 AM
What is the name of the new shop you are using. I need some work done.

WETDAWG
07-24-2002, 02:50 PM
I too am looking for a shop to do some minor gel work. Who did you end up taking it to?
I heard there is a great shop in Lake Forest off El Toro road but I haven't got a name yet.
I really hate leaving my boats with anyone even though I have less and less time to work on them.
I can't figure out why my wife wants me to do all this work on our house during boating season?? :mad:

JIMS
07-24-2002, 03:28 PM
I'VE USED FIBERGLASS REFORMATION IN LAKE HAVASU.I HAVE A '95 LAVEYCRAFT THAT HAD 14 DIFFRENT COLORS IN GELCOAT THAT HAD GOT GOUGED WHEN MONSOONS STRUCK IN HAVASU LAST YEAR AND BOAT SLAMMED AGAINST THE DOCKS.THEY DID AN EXCELLENT JOB!! CAN'T EVEN TELL WHERE IT WAS BLENDED.NOT ONLY DID THEY PICK IT UP FROM MY PLACE IN HAVASU THEY ALSO DELIVERED IT SPOTLESS AND READY TO GO!!

boatlessd
07-24-2002, 04:30 PM
The place is called Exotic Body Works in Garden Grove. Mark does some INCREDIBLE jobs on cars such as trucks, corvettes, etc. His boat also looks incredible in pictures but I haven't seen his work personally. I will let everyone know when it is done.