PDA

View Full Version : Best Lake

likeFATHERlikeSON3
03-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Wanted to know what everyone thinks the best Lakes in CA are? Both for senic value and camping areas.....

1Bahnerjet
03-25-2003, 05:25 PM
SHASTA :D
----------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

Boatmaster
03-25-2003, 05:42 PM
First choice Shasta second Shasta third Shasta, is there another lake in Cal. :D LFLS3 nice looking boat, where do you do most of your boating? I own BoatmastersII in Dublin can't believe I have'nt seen you before. I have a houseboat at Shasta and there is a large group of Daytonas up there from 19-26. If you ever go post when and where.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
03-25-2003, 05:53 PM
BM,
We do all of our boating at Don Pedro where we have a houseboat. Well when the boats are running. "we" being my dad, brother, and myself. They both have Sanger hydro's. Mine is an '87. Dad's boat is "like father like son"(yellow hydro)
My brother's "lfls II"(blue hydro) Mine "lfls III"
Where in Dublin is your place? How long does it take you to get to Shasta?

TUNNEL T 20.2
03-25-2003, 09:00 PM
first choice SHASTA ,cuz my friend has a houseboat there. (boatmaster) .second choice the delta , walk off back deck drop hoist and thers a 1000 miles of water too tear up ! lfls is that thing at all fast or is it just loud like all other squirt boats . j/k TUNNEL T

likeFATHERlikeSON3
03-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Tunnel T,
She s pretty fast when she runs. Does about 85 currently. Has more potential though. Only had it running twice since i bought it a few months ago. :mad:
Not fast enough for me though after a few 120mph passes n a hydro. :D

sanger mike
03-25-2003, 10:28 PM
CAMP FAR WEST! great open header-race lake :D

TripleThreat
03-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Another vote for Shasta. It's great! And it's 15 minutes away. :p

LeE ss13
03-26-2003, 06:56 AM
Lake Moovalya. Located between California and Arizona.

Dribble
03-26-2003, 09:40 AM
What about Tahoe? Definitely the prettiest, cleanest, clearest lake in the country.

1Bahnerjet
03-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Dribble:
What about Tahoe? Definitely the prettiest, cleanest, clearest lake in the country. Well Thats True, All the Boats I've Owned (3) Ran Like Shit Up There, One Barely Got on Plane! OH, Tunnel T 20.2 My Jet Boat is REALLY LOUD! wink
----------------

Desert Rat
03-26-2003, 11:15 AM
SHASTA. My brother has a Houseboat at Shasta marina, So that helps. Trinity is nice too

Boatmaster
03-26-2003, 11:20 AM
LFLS3 my shop is at 7114 Village Pkwy in downtown Dublin. I must say Pedro is a nice lake too. Look for one of my customers I just sold a new DCB Mach 22 to this summer up there, he also has a houseboat up there. Shasta takes about 3 1/2hours from Disco Bay and well worth it. Also look for me and Tunnel T on the Delta on off weekends, Because I have a friend that lets me keep my boat on a hoist behind his house :D .

1Bahnerjet
03-26-2003, 11:38 AM
LFLS3, My Parents had a house ( for 20yrs, now sold) just up the hill from Don Pedro, at Pine Moutain Lake, yes there's a lake for boating, And nice if your the only one on it! When I would go there(pedro) I would Launch at Moccasin point, used to be alot of House boats there :cool:
------------------------
[ March 26, 2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]

FishBoneRipple III
03-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Dribble:
What about Tahoe? Definitely the prettiest, cleanest, clearest lake in the country.
Well Thats True, All the Boats I've Owned (3) Ran Like Shit Up There, One Barely Got on Plane! OH, Tunnel T 20.2 Funny, the "Thunderbird" built in 1936 runs fine on Tahoe. Could it be the twin 1200 hp Allisons that make the difference?

In2Deep
03-26-2003, 01:52 PM
That boat would be a hit at Bass Lake (near Fresno).

03-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Dribble:
What about Tahoe? Definitely the prettiest, cleanest, clearest lake in the country. It may be but it is friggin cold. Water temp only varies 3-4 deg. from winter to summer. jawdrop

Uplink
03-27-2003, 01:01 AM
I like Shasta too, here's a pic from the Salt Creek arm. :D <Mark>
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194saltcreek.jpg

Boatmaster
03-27-2003, 07:09 AM
I know that shot well, I spent many summers in a cabin just up in the trees there in Salt Creek. Now I own a houseboat at Shasta Marina in the Obrien Inlet on the Sac arm.

Dribble
03-27-2003, 07:33 AM
1Bahnerjet:
Dribble:
What about Tahoe? Definitely the prettiest, cleanest, clearest lake in the country. Well Thats True, All the Boats I've Owned (3) Ran Like Shit Up There, One Barely Got on Plane! OH, Tunnel T 20.2 My Jet Boat is REALLY LOUD! wink
----------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive Yes the water is cold but feels good on a hot day. It's not really swimable until mid July. I lose about 5-8 MPH with the 350 Mag MPI
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/365IMG21-med.JPG
[ March 27, 2003, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Dribble ]

1Bahnerjet
03-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Dribble, The one with merc 150hp o/b while pulling up skiers was the worst. Didn't have to wash boat at end of day! Was there in August still Cold. eek!
-------------------

Cas
03-27-2003, 08:43 AM
I've got a few favorites, all for different reasons. I think for all around I like Rollins Lake http://www.laidbackboaters.com/1902ce10.jpg
although it's on the small side. We usually get a group site at the Peninsula Campground where it's real quiet. Along with a group site, you get a private cove http://www.laidbackboaters.com/18b2ce10.jpg
which is great, no other boats come in to make waves.
Shasta is right up there close to Rollins. The only thing I didn't really like was the distance from the campgrounds to the lake. Once on the lake it was great although being in a 21' boat made me feel like a little ant....that lake is huge.
For cruising, I don't think there is any place like the Delta. There is so much to see, places to eat and drink and pretty much the best water skiing water you would ever want. Unless you have a great sense of direction, a map or a gps is a must if you get an inkling to go exploring.
Other lakes up there on my list include Don Pedro, New Hogan and Berryessa during the week.
You can see bunch more pictures here Past Events (http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id54.htm) and here Lakes (http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id46.htm)

boat030
03-27-2003, 08:58 AM
One vote for Nacimiento, Bass lake is a close second.

03-27-2003, 10:40 AM
I vote for Berryessa. Its close, has everything you need [hotels & cabins, bar/restaurants, stores, camping, ect] and the water is warm in the summer.

1Bahnerjet
03-27-2003, 10:58 AM
FishBoneRipple III:
Originally posted by Dribble:
Well Thats True, All the Boats I've Owned (3) Ran Like Shit Up There, One Barely Got on Plane! OH, Tunnel T 20.2 Funny, the "Thunderbird" built in 1936 runs fine on Tahoe. Could it be the twin 1200 hp Allisons that make the difference? Hey FBR3, The T-BIRD sounds like it deserves a Picture can you post? Dual Allisons, gotta be a RARE Bird! wink
---------------

Desert Rat
03-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Boatmaster:
I know that shot well, I spent many summers in a cabin just up in the trees there in Salt Creek. Now I own a houseboat at Shasta Marina in the Obrien Inlet on the Sac arm. Boatmaster Do you know my brother Angelo at Shasta Marina? Has has the pretty new playcraft houseboat, Maroon trim. I may have run into you last 4th of july, did you have a red Daytona with twin outboards on it last 4th?

Boatmaster
03-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Desert Rat yes that was me, if I recall you guys where up late when I got there the first night. I heard some dirty talk about Eggbeaters :D ! Are you coming up this year? I sold the 21 Daytona with 260s and got a 25 DCB rigged Daytona with 300s. Baby came this winter so I had to go bigger to keep mom happy!! Your brother has the Chapperal, right? I'll be down on the river in the end of april for the Heat Wave Poker Run and BBSP, do you have any trips planned?

Desert Rat
03-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Boatmaster:
Desert Rat yes that was me, if I recall you guys where up late when I got there the first night. I heard some dirty talk about Eggbeaters :D ! Are you coming up this year? I sold the 21 Daytona with 260s and got a 25 DCB rigged Daytona with 300s. Baby came this winter so I had to go bigger to keep mom happy!! Your brother has the Chapperal, right? I'll be down on the river in the end of april for the Heat Wave Poker Run and BBSP, do you have any trips planned? Yep That was me and I don't recal"dirty" talk about eggbeaters, I'm sure it was all affection that you heard and it sure as hell was after you made that pass on the houseboat with nothing but props in the water. Yes he has the Chapperal for now. I asked him to hold off for the LA boat show but he didn't. When he did come down to the show he wished he would have waited so I think a change is in order soon. Don't know if i'll be up this year as he may put the houseboat up for sale because of a business venture that he is looking into but if so i'll try to look you up.I make many trips to Mojave and Havasu and most plans are made on Thursdays if you know what I mean. (I have kids too)