PDA

View Full Version : Two videos

Craig
03-28-2003, 02:46 PM
OK, thanks to Havasu Hangin' I've figured out how to post short videos. The first one is from Saturday at Lake Pleasant. Donnie and I were in his boat, 25' Daytona. We were making some runs back and forth while B-Rad was shooting some pic's. A bass boat went screaming by just as we were turning around for another run. We caught him and past him at a click over 101 mph. We did get a little close due to the area of the lake we were in narrowed down. Fishermen came over and gave us a bunch of hell :D Opps, sorry. This ones kind of big, about 4 meg and is an MOV, and there is no sound. You'll need Quicktime.
Donnies Daytona (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/140Donnies_Movie.MOV)
This other one is my boat at Havasu about a year and a half ago. We had hit 107 and it was kind of rough. The video starts right about the point we were starting to pucker :D This one is only 1.5 meg and is an mpeg.
Sportcat (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/140whoop_ass.mpg)
[ March 28, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

B-rad502
03-28-2003, 03:08 PM
All I'm getting on Donnie's video is a red X?? :confused: :mad: Your video was pretty cool, Craig. I hit rewind a few times to catch that first half second where the boat appears to be getting a little wild!! What you do, trim all the way up, then hammer it!! :D Don't worry, it won't blow over!! :p :D

Craig
03-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Brad, do you have Quicktime as an option for a media player? If not, that might be why. Bill said the same thing. I tried it again and it works on mine?????
Too much trim? Nah, we were cooking down the lake and hit some rollers that tossed us around a bit! Damn little boat! I wish I could easily convert the video Chuck shot when I ran 114, that one came out good.
[ March 28, 2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

B-rad502
03-28-2003, 03:27 PM
I can probably figure out playing it at home. I don't mess with the computers here at work. So, you downloaded it to the media center?? We'll try Donnie's video that we took and figure out getting it on here sometime this weekend :D

OC-PARTYCAT
03-28-2003, 03:52 PM
dont mean to rain on anyones parade but It looks like you where no more than 25' from that bass boat=not good bro, very dangerous.

Craig
03-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Yeah I mentioned that to Donnie after we slowed down. He realized it was a little too close and did apologize to the guys in the fish boat. What you can't see is there's a reef on the right side of us. Basically two boats were approaching the narrow passage through some islands, he thought he'd be passed them before he had to move over.

gnarley
03-28-2003, 04:19 PM
:D :D :D :D
Nice Craig, sounded good & even gave me a little chill hearing the engine, sounded really good!

AZKC
03-28-2003, 04:20 PM
Cool vids Craig, thanks for learning and posting them. My boats coming together slowly but surely. See ya on the water soon I'm sure. I'll drink a cold one for ya next time I'm at Hooter's :cool:
KC

Craig
03-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys, yeah it really gets me going on woring on the boat! AZKC, hopefully, I'll be taking my drive down to Larrys soon. We'll have to hook up at Hooters again!

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2003, 07:20 PM
Craig:
OK, thanks to Havasu Hangin' I've figured out how to post short videos.Wait til you get my consulting bill...
Great videos!
[ March 28, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Craig
03-28-2003, 08:03 PM
I'll catch ya' in the channnel this season and bring payment in the cooler :D Choose your poison!

midmagic
03-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Pretty cool, Craig! You will have to come over and video my boat in the garage sitting still!!! I tweaked on the computer and was able to run the "SportCat" video. Our engine sounded GOOD! :D :D :D
[ March 28, 2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: midmagic ]

wildbillg
03-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Craig:
Very nice, just makes me wish I had a boat that worked.......
im jelious...............

Craig
03-29-2003, 08:10 AM
Ah wildbill, don't be too jealous. Reread the original post, that was a year and a half ago :( Currently it is broke, so I too am without boat! Hopefully that will be resolved shortly though!

AZKC
03-31-2003, 10:54 AM
Craig:
Thanks guys, yeah it really gets me going on woring on the boat! AZKC, hopefully, I'll be taking my drive down to Larrys soon. We'll have to hook up at Hooters again! Drive as in you driving or your broken drive?
He still has your stuff, I figured you would have had it back by now.
Theres a new hangout about 10 minutes from Hooters called Fox and Hound it can be entertaining wink sometimes.
KC

Craig
03-31-2003, 01:15 PM
No, I'm talking Bravo drive! I haven't even taken him my drive yet to work on, kept debating on what to do with it. I'm off Fridays and Saturdays until May, so I might shoot down there on a Friday. Actually we might be going down this Friday to pick up blown23sleeks Daytona. He's got to do something about his screen name! We have a Fox & Hound up here. Nice place for lunch, but in the evening it gets REAL smokey inside :( We started going to a Marleys that just open next door, but it's starting to get tough to find a seat in there. i hope it's just the NCAA stuff that's doing that. Oh well, a new Hoooters opens up in the same area the 6th of April wink

AZKC
04-01-2003, 12:38 PM
OK now I see, you take my approach, leave it alone and it will fix itself, my boats been down for 2 seasons and damn it I ended up having to fix it :cool:
F and H does get a bit smokey, I usually hit it during the day also. And can ya ever have to many Hooters :D
KC

DogHouse
04-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Craig:
Actually we might be going down this Friday to pick up blown23sleeks Daytona.I saw it last week when I was there. Wow, that little 110 Johnson looks real nice on the back. I hope Rick doesn't mind the plywood covering the hole in the transom where the outdrive used to be.
:D

wishtoHB
04-05-2003, 07:07 PM
Video's look cool and sound GOOD! Thx for posting.