PDA

View Full Version : Taco House in Parker, BoatCop?

shockwaveharry
09-03-2002, 11:04 AM
As usual, my wife and I stopped by the 24 hour taco house in Parker on our way out of town yesterday and we were saddened to learn that a few days before there had been a robbery and one of the familar faces behind the counter, I believe here name was Lilly, had been killed. BoatCop, was anyone else hurt? Did you guys catch the P.O.S. that did it? frown
[ September 03, 2002, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: shockwaveharry ]

Boatcop
09-03-2002, 11:22 AM
That was an accident that happened about 12:30 Thursday afternoon.
6 kids from Parker High School were out for lunch and up on Shea Road in a newer VW Jetta. It's unclear right now whether they were racing another car or what.
They hit the railroad tracks at more than 100MPH and went airborne. The the skid marks that started several hundred feet from the tracks put the critical speed (minimum possible speed) at 92 MPH. This was after sailing 200+ feet through the air. The car rolled several times and came to rest another hundred yards or so from the end of the skid marks at the side of the road.
4 kids injured, 1 other besides Lillian killed. None were wearing seatbelts and all were ejected.
The accident itself is under investigation by the CRIT Police Department, since all the kids are Tribal, and it occured on the Reservation. We did the reconstruction, since we have Officers trained in that, and CRIT doesn't.
I doubt we will ever find out exactly what happened, since CRIT is secretive about incidents involving their members.
We have a high school kid killed or seriously injured every school year during the lunch period. We've been trying to get a closed campus to keep them on the school grounds, but the businesses bitch because they'd lose the revenue from the kids going out for lunch.
Maybe now someone will do something about it.

shockwaveharry
09-03-2002, 11:33 AM
Boatcop:
...Maybe now someone will do something about it.Thanks BC. I hope they do.

wsuwrhr
09-03-2002, 03:06 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again. While it is unfortunate that people(students in this case) get killed every day or every year for one reason or another, the solution is not to stop EVERYONE from exercising freedom of choice. These kids were doing something ILLEGAL, and had they lived, they would have faced the consequences
of their actions. I could go on and on about this, but enough said. I am sad for the families, my condolences to everyone involved.
Brian

shockwaveharry
09-04-2002, 10:57 AM
wsuwrhr:
I have said it before and I'll say it again. While it is unfortunate that people(students in this case) get killed every day or every year for one reason or another, the solution is not to stop EVERYONE from exercising freedom of choice...
BrianYou are 100% right. However, we're talking about kids here and you, as an adult, should realize that alot of teens aren't capable of handling the freedoms afforded to them, as in this case. I most definately do not believe in taking personal freedoms away from anyone but when a chil is in the care of adults, it's up to the adults to do what it takes to insure the well being of that child. Period.
I also am a firm believer in letting people make they're own mistakes but when the schools do what they're supposed to do and the parents do what they're supposed to do, when the child becomes an adult they are more likely to to the right things and become proper guardians of the next generation of children.
If the right thing was done here by keeping the campus closed, you wouldn't have to feel sad for the famalies.
[ September 04, 2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: shockwaveharry ]