PDA

View Full Version : KING OF LAKE SHASTA

Rock-it man
06-24-2003, 05:19 PM
So Who is gonna be the King Of Shasta Lake ??? whos the fastest??? ,gotta know how fast you all are, and dont LIE,GPS is the proof !!!!!! I here theres going to be a lot of hot boats at shasta and Im not talking about a 1/4 mile drag boat !!!! Phil from Phils Props and his group are real fast in a sprint for a short distance at around 100 mph, but no compition in a real run.I here theres a fast Carrera looking for me !!!!! Will be at the I-5 bridge at noon Thur-fri-sat-sun and with the houseboat around the Obrian inlet most of the time and im feeling pretty cocky right now !!!! as the datona is starting to come togeather finally !!! ROCK-IT MAN
[ June 24, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Rock-it man ]

Robbie Racer
06-25-2003, 06:54 AM
Rock-it-man, I forgot his name and he doesn't come on this forum, but I think that Carrera called "Shaft" (open bow with 625" Procharged Merlin) will give you a run for your money. I met him last year and he told me that he can run around 125 mph. My boat will run that speed in 1700'and better air but we will probably be lucky to get 3000' air next week. I will be lucky to get in the 120 range with 91 octane gas with 3000' air quality but I will try to keep up with you guys. :D

BiggusJimbus
06-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Are you estimating that 3000' foot altitude number because of the heat? Cause Shasta is nowhere near that.
Anyway, I'll be lucky to cut half that number.
But I'll have just as much fun. (And, buy less gas)
I'll be at the lake Friday until Monday. Could very well be staying with the crew at Antlers, or might be primitive camping w/ my brother. Definitely want to meet the crew at Nelsons point and say hi.
Too many choices, not enough time. Maybe I'll stay longer. Have to see what I can get done this week.
Jim.

Ian
06-25-2003, 08:29 AM
Hey I'll be at Shasta July 11-20, will anyone else be there, I'd love to check out some of the equipment. This will be my first time there so I'm not sure where we are staying, but I know it is some where near a bridge that we will be attempting to jump from :confused: . Unfortunately I won't be bringing the blown flatty, but I will be bringing my 60mph I/O :D .

spectratoad
06-25-2003, 09:31 AM
I know it is me man, I clocked last year at 54. There ain't no way to keep up with me. :D :D Call me "Mr. I may be slow but I carry more beverages".

Robbie Racer
06-25-2003, 12:02 PM
BigJim, you are right on about the gas cost thing. cry The 3000' altitude thing that I was talking about is "air density altitude" and you are right about heat being one of the factors used to compute it. Barometric pressure and humidity are the other two factors. The cooler the air, the dryer it is and the higher the barometric pressure is, the better a motor will run. Even if you can get two of the three variables in a favorable situation, you can still make good power.
Ian, I will be gone from Shasta by the time you get there but some of the other guys that live closer might be there when you are.
Todd, I know you are "King of Beverages". That's why I won't be too far away from you next week. :D

Boatmaster
06-25-2003, 12:15 PM
I will be there the 3rd-13th. 25DCB Eliminator Daytona with twin 300s. I will not be the fastest(103 on Gps at Shasta)but I will be more than happy to run you blower boys from one end of the lake to the other. :D See everyone friday at noon can't wait.

Reaper1
06-25-2003, 12:15 PM
Robbie Racer:
Rock-it-man, I forgot his name and he doesn't come on this forum, but I think that Carrera called "Shaft" (open bow with 625" Procharged Merlin) will give you a run for your money. I met him last year and he told me that he can run around 125 mph. My boat will run that speed in 1700'and better air but we will probably be lucky to get 3000' air next week. I will be lucky to get in the 120 range with 91 octane gas with 3000' air quality but I will try to keep up with you guys. :D "Shaft" = Greg Auberleen

Robbie Racer
06-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Reaper, are you sure? I know that there is a Bill Auberlin that has an open bow Carrera 257 with a Pro Charger out of So. Calif, but the guy that I'm referring to is out of Northern California (maybe Navato). Thanks, R/R

Ian
06-25-2003, 01:10 PM
Hey Boatmaster what part of the lake will you be staying on, I'd love to meet a couple people from the boards. I also wouldn't mind a fast ride in a cat (still on my list of things to try), I'd be obliged to trade anyone a ride in my blown flatbottom for a ride in a fast cat. One last thing, where do you guys gas up? I'm not too excited about paying three bucks a gallon at the gas docks, especially since I'll be paying the gas for the 1000 mile round trip to get there and back.

Rock-it man
06-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Boatmaster,if we run the length of the lake id be waiting all day at the other end for ya!!!!,Hey could you bring over them egg beaters and mix margritas for us fri night,I thought thats all there good for !!!1 hehehe !!!!you can mix 5 gal at a time.!!!!!!still wonder where you guys are going to tie up as your cove is under water ,but I will find ya anyway .Dont mind giving rides as long as you can swim well !!!!!!!! 100 OCT AT THE AIRPORT IN REDDING is probably $ 3.00 + so a lot of short rides as I can go through a 90 gal tank before lucnh easy.maybe we can get a tanker to park at shasta marina ramp ?? ROCK-IT MAN

BK
06-25-2003, 01:56 PM
Those who have the most fun will be kings of Lake Shasta! :D

Robbie Racer
06-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Well said Byron. (And I plan to have as much fun as anyone next week). :D

Ian
06-25-2003, 03:21 PM
I know all about the price of gas, as we run VP C12 in our flatty. But honestly no worries about the ride, I know how it is to have a dozen people asking you everyday for a ride!! :D I still wouldn't mind meeting up with a couple people from the boards to swap war stories over a couple cold ones. Where do you guys recommend I fill up the cruiser, it runs just fine on the cheap stuff, if they offer that at Shasta wink

Robbie Racer
06-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Ian, you probably want to fill up in Redding (last city before the lake). There are a lot of gas stops just off the I-5 all the way through town. Gas on the lake is going to be expensive no matter what octane you burn. :D R/R

acatitude
06-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Well one advantage to being slow is I can just wave checkered flag at finish line, hand out coronas to the winner and watch my gas gauges stay on full. And the girls can stay in my boat while you guys race :D :D . mmmm this might work lol

acatitude
06-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Hey Keith does that carrera up there have an arneson on it? Rick at arneson told me he put an arneson on a carrera for a guy up there but I've never seen it around.

Robbie Racer
06-25-2003, 07:36 PM
When I met him last year, he had just removed a B-max that he broke a few times and had installed an IMCO SC Advantage drive. He may have broke it too by now and decided to try the Arneson drive. If that is the case, it will be really good to talk to him to see how he like it. I'm sure it would take the power but I don't know how well the boat would plane with it.

jm2drvr
06-25-2003, 07:47 PM
those egg beaters as you call them will run across the lake a few more times while you are pumping gas!

Ian
06-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the advice Robbie Racer, I'll definately fill-up in Redding but I fear with a forty gallon capacity I'll be forced to use the gas docks. Oh well that's the price of having fun :D . Where do most people meet? I wouldn't mind hanging out with BlownCarrera and sippin on a couple cold ones with all the ladies while everyone else races wink

spectratoad
06-25-2003, 09:24 PM
Todd, I know you are "King of Beverages". That's why I won't be too far away from you next week.
SSSHHHH, I don't want that to get out, and hey how did I get that Reputation?! :D eek! :D Bad thing is I just looked at how my motorhome is loaded and I think I could be up there for six weeks and never have to take a liquor run. wink :D

acatitude
06-25-2003, 09:30 PM
6 weeks huh i might be able to swing a few extra weeks lol

Boatmaster
06-26-2003, 06:27 AM
Ian I will be staying somewhere in the Obrien Inlet off the Sac arm just outside Shasta Marina all week. My houseboat is off white with a green awning on the roof. Most of the time I will be with a group of houseboats and you can't miss all the Daytonas (10+). Stop by for a cold one or ten.

Rock-it man
06-26-2003, 08:17 PM
So Boatmaster whos the fastest in your group there with phil !!! the truth now (GPS) I love my GPS no more bullshit,id love to hide it in my pocket and go demo all the boats with the salesmen then record the look on there face when I catch them lieing through there teeth !!!!!! trying to get down again this weekend for another run but might not!! gotta catch up on my honey doo-s-s !!! before the 4th.will have the boat parked somewhere over by you all See Ya on the water ROCK-IT MAN

Ian
06-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey Boatmaster that sounds great! I'm going with my girlfriends family and they don't drink :( so I'll need someone to throw one back with. The good news is I'm bringing my boat and it will be stocked with my beer :D . I'd love to check out some of those Eliminators, I have a Blown Gas Flatbottom so I can definately appreciate a nice motor. I'll be in our blue and white 21 ft closed bow boat with a Merc I/O, it's a splash of an Eliminator, so does that make me cool!!!

Boatmaster
06-27-2003, 06:07 AM
You said the magic word, BEER that always makes you cool. The fact that youy have a blown flat helps too. :D Stop by anytime.

Rock-it man
06-27-2003, 07:18 AM
As boatmaster has agreed to buy the first round hes gonna need all the help he can get,with passing out the cool ones,and dont forget I need those egg beaters for mixing Margiritas over at my boat and dont be late the bears get restless !!!!!! Blown Fat huh !!!! I used to have one back in the 70s,was fun then !!!!!of course those werent real blowers by todays standards,90mph was real fast back then and 100 was unherd off. See Ya on the Water. ROCK-IT MAN