PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Sandbar

Rod-64
08-07-2002, 03:19 AM
Excatly how far up from the Widsor beach launch ramp is the Sandbar. I always went the Copper Canyon direction and never went the other way. Want to check it out this weekend. Thanx

maxbowride
08-07-2002, 04:05 AM
nine miles from the ramp

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-07-2002, 06:46 AM
New guy, his first post. Welcome to the club Rod-64

SmartMoney
08-07-2002, 07:35 AM
Rod 64....you have to head up towards the sandbar thru the gorge area. Make sure you keep going past the sandbar...it get's even better. It's beautiful and different then the copper canyon area. You'll love it - the ride and sites are great!!! Have fun

Licketty Split
08-07-2002, 07:42 AM
About the same as going to CC around the island. If your boat draws alot of draft stay on the west side of the river untill you pass the shawlows, If you have a jet you can haul ass on the east side, the water is always like glass wink

Charley
08-07-2002, 07:54 AM
Or you could launch in needles and not worry about water depth going down to the sandbar.... the scenery goin through Topock gorge is beautiful....not to mention the scenery at the Sandbar.....damn did I say that? hehe

riverracerx
08-07-2002, 08:43 AM
see ya there!

OC-PARTYCAT
08-07-2002, 12:39 PM
whats the story at the entrance to the river off of havasu? Last time I went up to the sand bar, I was hauling ass down river entering havasu..I drove past a boat, looked over and there was a guy standing about knee deep in the water half way across the river. I just kept her on a plane and hopped I didnt hit the bottom. Is there an area that I shouldnt be in at the entrance. Should I stay to the AZ side of the river.

Little G
08-07-2002, 01:11 PM
OC-PARTYCAT:
whats the story at the entrance to the river off of havasu? Last time I went up to the sand bar, I was hauling ass down river entering havasu..I drove past a boat, looked over and there was a guy standing about knee deep in the water half way across the river. I just kept her on a plane and hopped I didnt hit the bottom. Is there an area that I shouldnt be in at the entrance. Should I stay to the AZ side of the river.The middle path between the weeds has always been good for us. Once you get past the first weeds on the left just hug the weeds on the right and then just head towards the sign on the california side of the river.

maxbowride
08-07-2002, 03:54 PM
how deep (http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003165)
check out this thread

Hallett19
08-07-2002, 05:45 PM
We are there dude, pulling up thurs night/ friday morn !! 2 boats, 2 guys, 5 GIRLS!!! I've got mail !!!

Rod-64
08-08-2002, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome and info.
Been boating for four years and for some weird reason just never went that way, since I don't have a jet boat but now have a new waverunner I want to check it out. When I first started boating, my Baja bottomed out just at the very begining of that route so I smartened up, bought a depth finder and just didn't go back that way.
This board has some hot women here!! Beats those other boating boards!
Hope some show up at the Sandbar but Havasu's always good for that just about everywhere!

Havasu Cig
08-08-2002, 08:19 AM
I have taken my Top Gun up there a few times since we bought it with no problem. Follow somebody up that has been there and you wont have a problem with the depth.

STV_Keith
08-08-2002, 08:26 AM
Hallett, your Kung Fu seems strong these days...must be the new jams and lighting effects! See you at the sandbar on Sat!

Reaper1
08-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Hallett19:
We are there dude, pulling up thurs night/ friday morn !! 2 boats, 2 guys, 5 GIRLS!!! I've got mail !!!2 guys, 5 GIRLS!!! That's a good ratio :D

Qbn1
08-08-2002, 09:18 AM
I am also rolling out tonight. I will be there in my Career 202XR. "Heaby Duty" jamming to my river tunes. I am cruising on my own w/ the girlfriend. :cool:

Rod-64
08-13-2002, 12:30 AM
I dug out a chart of Havasu; is the sandbar near a listed cove like blankenship or picture rock?

Laveyman
08-13-2002, 02:14 AM
To get to the sandbar you got to the extreme north end of Havasu and continue up river. As you go up river about 6-7 miles the river will make a hard 90-degree turn to the left. I believe the curve is called "Blankenship Bend." Once you turn the corner in the bend, you cannot miss the sandbar. It's a few hundred yards dead ahead. Have fun! :cool:

Rod-64
08-13-2002, 02:43 AM
All right ...thanks!
Yes that's what it's called on the chart only when heading North it bends to the right...but I do see the area..that whole part of the river is listed as "dangerous navigation" and is drawn with a lot of "shrubs"..what a mess! Will take the waverunner first then the boat for the first time.
Thanks for the info..

maxbowride
08-13-2002, 03:59 AM
Laveyman:
To get to the sandbar you got to the extreme north end of Havasu and continue up river. As you go up river about 6-7 miles the river will make a hard 90-degree turn to the left. I believe the curve is called "Blankenship Bend." Once you turn the corner in the bend, you cannot miss the sandbar. It's a few hundred yards dead ahead. Have fun! :cool: I think is a little late for you to be navigating, check your turn LOL :D

Laveyman
08-13-2002, 07:03 AM
OOOPS!!!! My bad. You're right. A hard left would put ya head on into a cliff. Whadda ya want for a 3:00 in the morning post!!! Hee Hee :cool:

Hallett19
08-13-2002, 02:28 PM
I was at the sandbar with my hoes and pickle the load and I did not see a soul there. Where the hell were you guys ?

STV_Keith
08-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Umm, kinda popped a motor on the way down there. :( Got a loaner on the boat now...but mine should be up and going by Labor Day (I hope).
I'll be out there Sat and in Parker Sat night/Sunday this week if you're going to be around.

Laveyman
08-14-2002, 04:37 PM
Hallett19,
The sandbar is DEAD during the weekdays! It is a pretty decent place to take kids during the week, just not on weekends (If ya know what I mean!!!) Glad ya found it without making that wrong left at Blankenship Bend!!!! OOOPPPSS!!!! Any problems getting there? :cool: