PDA

View Full Version : Any Info on semi truck & 3 car crash Friday @LHC

PowellScooter
08-31-2002, 01:48 PM
In Saturdays Arizona Republic there is a story saying a semi hit 3 passenger cars on Az 95 in Havasu and there were 6 fatalities. The storie goes on to say the rig was owned by Mohave County.

got river?
08-31-2002, 06:58 PM
Boat Cop has a posting on it on the Sandbar section.

Chaddyshack
09-01-2002, 04:54 AM
PowellScooter:
In Saturdays Arizona Republic there is a story saying a semi hit 3 passenger cars on Az 95 in Havasu and there were 6 fatalities. The storie goes on to say the rig was owned by Mohave County.PS,
I'm not sure where the truck is from, but sorry to say that they 4 of them were friends.
Preliminary reports indicate that the semi crossed the center divide and struck the first vehicle which caused it to go head on with the second, killing the driver of both the second vehicle and the truck driver. The semi then jacknifed causing the third vehicle to hit it broadside and burst into flames. The impact instantly killed Deputy Scott Noll, Laurali Noll and their 2 children instantly.
I'm sorry to say that this sad news has impacted our agency greatly. Deputy Noll and his wife both worked at the Encinitas Sheriff's Station and were loved by all. Deputy Noll was also part of our SWAT team and they are taking this very hard.
I will have more to follow on services and memorial funds.
Chad

Boatcop
09-01-2002, 06:23 AM
Chad,
Sorry to hear that it was some of our own that perished. Pleas pass condolences to your Sheriff and staff from me and the Officers of the La Paz County Sheriff's Office.
Here's the Article in the Havasu News.
Havasu News - Fatal Crash (http://www.havasunews.com/havasunews/myarticles.asp?P=562391&S=463&PubID=9795&EC=0)
Please let me know where donations may be sent.

Chaddyshack
09-01-2002, 11:53 AM
Alan....here is our Sheriff's statement:
We are sad to announce the tragic deaths of Encinitas Patrol Deputy Scott Noll, his wife Laurali also of the Encinitas Patrol Station, and their two young children, Ashley 7 years old and 5 years old Brandon.
The Nolls were returning from a family vacation at Lake Havasu, Arizona when an out of control semi-truck crossed the center line striking two other vehicles before colliding with the Noll's vehicle.
Scott began his career in 1994 at the old Central Jail before transferring to the Encinitas Patrol Station where he has worked for the past four years. He recently completed the SED SWAT Academy where he earned the nickname "Rock" by his SED Teammates for being a solid guy. He was assigned to the Special Response Team (SRT) and was recently appointed Training Officer for the Encinitas Station. Scott is a Honor's graduate from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts. Laurali began her career with the Sheriff's Department in 1999 at the Encinitas Station and promoted to Administrative Secretary II where she served as the secretary to the station Commander. Laurali was a graduate of San Dieguito High School in Encinitas and later graduated from San Diego State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism.
Scott and Laurali were very active in their church, the North Coast Church in Vista. Both Scott and Laurali were involved with the church choir, the Video Cafe, and the kid's Praise and Worship. They are survived by Scott's parents Vern and Patricia Noll of Leavenworth, Kansas and Laurali's parents Michael and Elyse Kennan of Fountain Valley, California.
At this time funeral arrangements are still being formulated and will be announced at the earliest opportunity. The Undersheriff has authorized the wearing black bands across uniform badges and flags at all Sheriff's facilities to be flown at half staff from now through the day of the services.

NashvilleBound
09-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Chad, I am sorry to hear ANYONE (emp:bc) died. Especially since they were your friends. They went to North Coast Church and I think I knew them too, as that is where we go. Let me know if there is anything I can do like contacting the church. They will want to help..... Jeff aka NashvilleBound

locogringo
09-01-2002, 07:59 PM
You have our condolences also. It makes it all the more tragic when childrens lives are taken

24RODjr
09-01-2002, 08:25 PM
I don't even know the words. I'm sorry for all.
-Chris

Elsinore Cop
09-02-2002, 06:55 AM
My condolences. My department (Riverside County Sheriff) borders with San Diego and works with them often.

JetBoatRich
09-02-2002, 07:03 AM
Prayers are with the rest of the family. To loose a whole family is heart breaking.

hoolign
09-02-2002, 07:41 AM
our condolences,from me, and my family,it always seems that the good people are the ones to be taken early!
Jeff,Trena and Brody

RiverToysJas
09-02-2002, 07:47 AM
Words cannot describe the sadness I have for this tragic chain of events. I pray that God places peace and understanding in hearts of those closest to this lost.
RTJas :(

hack job
09-02-2002, 08:46 AM
iam sorry to hear about this happening, know that our hearts and prayer go out to the families that were left behind. frown

Havasu Cig
09-03-2002, 11:40 AM
Here is a local article about the accident:
Sheriff's deputies mourn tragic lost of their own
KENNETH MA
Staff Writer
ENCINITAS ---- Scott and Laurali Noll left behind promising law enforcement careers and a lot of grieving hearts in the San Diego County Sheriff's Department, which was mourning their tragic deaths over the weekend.
On Sunday, sheriff's deputies wore black bands around their badges to remember the 34-year-old patrol deputy and his 38-year-old wife, who was a secretary to the Encinitas sheriff's substation commander. The couple and their two children, Ashley, 7, and Brandon, 5, died Friday morning on a busy Arizona highway north of Lake Havasu City.
"It is definitely affecting the department in a big way," sheriff's Lt. Guy Chambers said. "In 20 years, (the Sheriff's Department) has never lost a family. But we will get through it."
The Noll family was heading back to their Vista home from a vacation at the Arizona resort town when tragedy struck. They were towing a boat behind their 1999 Toyota 4Runner on State Route 79, a busy two-lane thoroughfare heavily traveled by vacationers and commuters from the tiny desert outpost of Needles, according to Kelley Zanoto, a dispatcher with the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
They were behind a 1992 Chevy pickup truck and a 1993 Jeep Cherokee traveling southbound when a northbound 18-wheeler suddenly lost control, she said. It crossed the center divider and clipped the pickup's right rear.
It then collided head-on with the Jeep, slicing the sport utility vehicle in half. The big rig then jackknifed and buried the Noll's Toyota under its belly, which caused both vehicles to burst into flames.
The Nolls, and the big rig's driver, Stephen Campbell, 38, of Lake Havasu City, were killed instantly. The Jeep's driver, Barbara Didier, 64, of Kingman, Ariz., also died at the scene.
The fiery crashed forced authorities to close the highway for nine hours, snarling holiday traffic in both directions. Arizona authorities are continuing the investigation.
Meanwhile, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department sent grief counselors to Encinitas to help the 115 deputies and civilian employees cope. A watch commander at the station declined to comment Sunday.
Scott Noll, who began his career at the San Diego Central Jail in 1994, transferred to the Encinitas substation four years later, sheriff's Lt. Lisa Miller said in a statement. The deputy had recently completed the department's SWAT Academy and was put on an on-call status for SWAT duties. A graduate from the University of Kansas, he had also been recently assigned to become a training officer at the substation.
Laurali Noll began her Sheriff's Department career in 1999, working as an administrative assistant at the department's central communications center in Kearny Mesa. The San Dieguito High School and San Diego State University graduate transferred to Encinitas a year later.
"They were both well-liked and popular employees," Chambers said. "They will be sorely missed."
The Noll's relatives in Kansas and Fountain Valley could not be reached. Funeral arrangements have not been confirmed.
Contact staff writer Kenneth Ma at (760) 740-3524 or kma@nctimes.com.
9/2/02