PDA

View Full Version : should I get AZ tags?

ryantparks
12-27-2002, 05:40 PM
Just bought my 1st boat used, 02 Ultra Stealth, and need to know pros and cons of registering it in Ca where I live or in Az where we mainly go. I have it in storage in Bullhead now. I hear AZ tags are far less expensive. Is there any problem towing a boat w/Az tags and license plate in Ca w/a Ca registered vehicle? Thanks for all help.
Ryan

ROZ
12-27-2002, 05:47 PM
You'll want to keep the boat registered in AZ for tax and tags purposes, but register the trailer in Ca. to avoid fines for if/when you tow it home.
[ December 27, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

ACCEPTENCE
12-27-2002, 05:52 PM
How do you go about registering the boat in Az? I have one I need to get registered. Do you know the tele number? or can it be done online?? Thanks...

UBFJ #454
12-27-2002, 05:58 PM
You can renew by mail, but, change of ownership on title or first time registration you do in person ... boat @ Fish & Game, trailer @ DMV.

GofastRacer
12-27-2002, 08:33 PM
ACCEPTENCE:
How do you go about registering the boat in Az? I have one I need to get registered. Do you know the tele number? or can it be done online?? Thanks... I registered mine in AZ when I was in SoCal, I called them up and they sent me all the forms to fill out and I had to send them a copy of my original paperwork on the boat along with a check!, a week later, I got my title and tags, piece of cake!, check out their site!.....
Fish & Game (http://www.gf.state.az.us/frames/other/idx_bfaq.htm)

burtandnancy
12-27-2002, 09:20 PM
I've had over 20 boats registered in AZ, all by mail (thats why they have the biggest pleasureboat navy in the US). AZ Game and Fish. However in the past few years they have really raised the non-residency fee's, at least doubled, but still cheaper than CA or NV. In all those years, only one sheriff, harbor patrol, lake patrol ever questioned me and that was at Elsinore years ago (not the cop of today) Its no big deal...

Boatcop
12-28-2002, 07:43 PM
AZ Game and Fish Department Phone Number is:
602-942-3000
When they start with the: "Press one to report a wounded woodchuck" "Press 2 if you've been mauled by a bear", etc.. routine, just press "0" to get to an operator, and ask for Watercraft registration.
Please register often, and tell all your friends to register their boats in AZ, too. (The registraion fees help pay my Salary! :D )

ACCEPTENCE
12-28-2002, 09:54 PM
GofastRacer:
ACCEPTENCE:
How do you go about registering the boat in Az? I have one I need to get registered. Do you know the tele number? or can it be done online?? Thanks... I registered mine in AZ when I was in SoCal, I called them up and they sent me all the forms to fill out and I had to send them a copy of my original paperwork on the boat along with a check!, a week later, I got my title and tags, piece of cake!, check out their site!.....
Gofast, Boatcop and Burt: Thank you for the good info. I will put it to use. The nasty part of my deal is that because my new boat is currently registered at my Ca. address the L.A. County tax man has slammed a lein as well as stopped the new tags paperwork from coming from the DMV. Now I'm not being a dickhead here and I paid the L.A. tax on my flattie because I use it here, however my new boat was towed from the San Diego boat show to the river in AZ. and has never been back to Ca.
I have tried to explain all this and even tried to provide a copy of my property deed along with utility bills from the AZ. house to no avail though. So off to Fish and Game for me!!!!!
Anybody else experienced this kind of stuff with Ca. or L.A. County :confused: ?????
Do ya think I'm cheatin Ca. or helping AZ.?????
Thanks again :D .
Fish & Game (http://www.gf.state.az.us/frames/other/idx_bfaq.htm)

Party Cat
12-29-2002, 12:51 AM
Depending on the length of your boat your gonna save a few $$$ by registering in Nevada....of course if ya boat there wink (Mead, Mohave and part of the Colorado River are in Nevada :D :D )
A 21' Stealth registered in Nevada would be $30/year in AZ it would be $88.70 for non resident (20.00+52.20+16.50)
A 22' Stealth registered in Nevada would be $30/year in AZ it would be $94.20 for non resident (20.00+52.20+22.00)
A 28' Stealth registered in Nevada would be $60/year in AZ it would be $116.20 for non resident (20.00+52.20+44.00)
Nevada does not have resident/non resident. It's the same for both. Arizona is gonna be cheaper cause of the tax part....but it looks like there's even more savings in Nevada....
Arizona fees....
If a certificate of number is lost or destroyed, a duplicate may be obtained from the Department for $2.00.
The annual registration fee of $4.00 for residents and $20 for non-residents is required for each watercraft. Watercraft will also be taxed on the basis of length: 45 cents per foot up to and including 18 feet, and 68 cents per foot beyond 18 feet. Non-residents will be charged $2.90 per foot up to and including 18 feet, and $5.50 per foot over 18 feet.
Nevada Fees....
Certificate of Number (Registration) and Decals
Less than 13 feet $10
13 feet or more but less than 18 $15
18 feet or more but less than 22 $30
22 feet or more but less than 26 $45
26 feet or more but less than 31 $60
31 feet or more $75
Other Fees
Nevada Boat Registration Fees (http://www.boatnevada.org/register/index.htm)

ACCEPTENCE
12-29-2002, 01:09 AM
Party Cat:
Depending on the length of your boat your gonna save a few $$$ by registering in Nevada....of course if ya boat there wink (Mead, Mohave and part of the Colorado River are in Nevada :D :D )
A 21' Stealth registered in Nevada would be $30/year in AZ it would be $88.70 for non resident (20.00+52.20+16.50)
A 22' Stealth registered in Nevada would be $30/year in AZ it would be $94.20 for non resident (20.00+52.20+22.00)
A 28' Stealth registered in Nevada would be $60/year in AZ it would be $116.20 for non resident (20.00+52.20+44.00)
Nevada does not have resident/non resident. It's the same for both. Arizona is gonna be cheaper cause of the tax part....but it looks like there's even more savings in Nevada....
Arizona fees....
If a certificate of number is lost or destroyed, a duplicate may be obtained from the Department for $2.00.
The annual registration fee of $4.00 for residents and $20 for non-residents is required for each watercraft. Watercraft will also be taxed on the basis of length: 45 cents per foot up to and including 18 feet, and 68 cents per foot beyond 18 feet. Non-residents will be charged $2.90 per foot up to and including 18 feet, and $5.50 per foot over 18 feet.
Nevada Fees....
Less than 13 feet $10
31 feet or more $75
Other Fees
Hummm...something to give some thought to, thanks...
Nevada Boat Registration Fees (http://www.boatnevada.org/register/index.htm)

boatnam2
12-29-2002, 01:14 AM
yep 116.20 thats what i pay to keep boatcop and his buds happy.

dcb carrera
12-29-2002, 07:14 AM
Gofast, Boatcop and Burt: Thank you for the good info. I will put it to use. The nasty part of my deal is that because my new boat is currently registered at my Ca. address the L.A. County tax man has slammed a lein as well as stopped the new tags paperwork from coming from the DMV. Now I'm not being a dickhead here and I paid the L.A. tax on my flattie because I use it here, however my new boat was towed from the San Diego boat show to the river in AZ. and has never been back to Ca.
I'm planning on doing the same thing because I'm leaving one boat in AZ. I also have an address in AZ. What kind on lein did CA. slap on you and what ever happen after the lein? Do they say you still owe then money :confused: I will pay all their fees on the boat I'm going to use here I don't feel like I'm being dishonest .

boatnam2
12-29-2002, 10:49 AM
dcb good luch with the lein.them fuc--ng prick put one on me for my american offshore that was 200 dollars.i sold the boat but it was still in my name in january.i got a notice in march and payed it promplty yet they still put a lein that ruined my credit and im still trying to get off.like i said before just give me 60 seconds to choke one of them los angeles county fu--ing iliterate,dumd,c--k sucking bastards and i will never ask for another thing.

boatnam2
12-29-2002, 10:54 AM
ok back to bed get a little edgy after working all night and only sleeping a few hours.want to choke someone.j/k

ACCEPTENCE
12-29-2002, 11:54 AM
dcb/carrera:
I'm planning on doing the same thing because I'm leaving one boat in AZ. I also have an address in AZ. What kind on lein did CA. slap on you and what ever happen after the lein? Do they say you still owe then money :confused: I will pay all their fees on the boat I'm going to use here I don't feel like I'm being dishonest . The lein is at about 980.00 give or take a few. I don't know whats to happen with it but I got no plans to pay it. Those people just don't get it, and don't want to hear it either. I'm thinkin of turning it over to my attorneys...let them deal with it. The whole thing just suck/blows!!!!!

RiverToysJas
12-29-2002, 01:29 PM
Party Cat:
Arizona fees....
Nevada Fees....
Less than 13 feet $10
31 feet or more $75
Other Fees
Nevada Boat Registration Fees (http://www.boatnevada.org/register/index.htm) Length sure is important to you PC, and you seem to know a lot about it..... wink :D :D
RTJas :D

dcb carrera
12-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Acceptence, If I use my AZ. address I won't have any problems? I will just have to check my mail there once a year. CA. is just money hungry, they won't be happy untill every working guy moves out of the state. Then they will see how much tax dollars they receive :mad:

ACCEPTENCE
12-29-2002, 04:23 PM
dcb/carrera:
Acceptence, If I use my AZ. address I won't have any problems? I will just have to check my mail there once a year. CA. is just money hungry, they won't be happy untill every working guy moves out of the state. Then they will see how much tax dollars they receive :mad: I could be wrong here, I have four trucks and cars registered in AZ. and the mail for the new tags comes to my home in Ca. however they are registered to the AZ. house and all have AZ. plates. I would think the boat registration would work the same way, registered to the AZ. address and the mail to a mailing address like the autos. No, yes, maybe????
Anybody have a clue how the mail and boat registration works, do they do that???

boatnam2
12-29-2002, 05:07 PM
they mail my registration to my house in california without no questions.

ACCEPTENCE
12-29-2002, 05:45 PM
boatnam2:
they mail my registration to my house in california without no questions. Like a hobo on a ham sandwhich, I'm all over it Monday morning!!!! Thanks...

J540
12-29-2002, 07:00 PM
OK school is in NV. registration 20' boat 30$ to the NV,division of wildlife can do it in mail, trailer 18$ at NV,DMV but u hav 2 take boat trailer to them. eek! what r u new. :p 4 Trucks&cars i bought one from you. all u hav left is the dually TOP kick & ford p/u & ferrari O the van & 35' diesel pusher.buy the way idea you need to move your flatie in front of 29 magic then put bobs boat next to your skater bobs is 26' with trailer,then you hav all that room in front of bobs boat then take the skater 36'+ 6' for trailer and move it to the right side then i can put mine in front of the skater.mine is only 25' with trailer and cav, plates that leaves 15' to the door. SO GET IT DONE. :mad: and hear is the pic of your motor sorry so late been working JACK A--, yuk http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL53/810461/1440782/17622201.jpg

ACCEPTENCE
12-29-2002, 08:28 PM
J540:
OK school is in NV. registration 20' boat 30$ to the NV,division of wildlife can do it in mail, trailer 18$ at NV,DMV but u hav 2 take boat trailer to them. eek! what r u new. :p 4 Trucks&cars i bought one from you. all u hav left is the dually TOP kick & ford p/u & ferrari O the van & 35' diesel pusher.buy the way idea you need to move your flatie in front of 29 magic then put bobs boat next to your skater bobs is 26' with trailer,then you hav all that room in front of bobs boat then take the skater 36'+ 6' for trailer and move it to the right side then i can put mine in front of the skater.mine is only 25' with trailer and cav, plates that leaves 15' to the door. SO GET IT DONE. :mad: and hear is the pic of your motor sorry so late been working JACK A--, yuk http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL53/810461/1440782/17622201.jpg Holy crap dude, you been takin inventory of my shit or what. Your somewhat right though...but the ford is a chevy and the Skater is hooked to the pusher so thats not moving anywhere.
You can move the Magic over to the other side but you better not scratch it anywhere moving it!!!
Don't even think of touching my flattie!!!!!!!
Move Bob's skater in and then yours will fit safe and sound, warm as a bug in a rug...
Oh...Yeah, when is the new motor going to be dropped off??? The boys in the shop have about polished everything in sight waiting for that thing and I'm running out of work for them. Besides I would like to get the Fountain rigged and do some testing with it before I split for Flordia... Don't have no lame excuss either, just get the new motor here allready. Thanks, G

J540
12-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Like I said, I'm going to bring your motor by the end of next month - well before the Florida trip. If it wasn't for the stupid bolts in the motor stand that i told you weren't gonna hold in the first place, it wouldn't have fallen. jawdrop So now Billet Fab. is making a new oil pan and the blower had to be repaired because the snout broke the billet blower end cap. CMI repaired the Big E tops but just doesn't look the same so I'm getting you another set and I'll just sell these or keep 'em for my other motor. The nick in the Big Chief's is fixed too. But anyway, the motor at the dyno made 1863HP - 25 lbs. of boost @ 7200RPM. So you should be very happy. I'm not even gonna tell you what the torque was. I'll just bring you the sheet. I still think we need to go with the EFI on the motor with Kensler's computer. Pan should be done next week...got new blower end cap...waiting for CMI. Oh, by the way, maybe we should run an elec. water pump on this motor...NOT!! :rolleyes: I was at the river house looking in the garage seeing what I could manouver around to make room for my boat. Don't worry about the scratch on the flattie...it'll buff out. & yah, I'm taking inventory - so move over.

ACCEPTENCE
12-29-2002, 08:54 PM
YOU DROPPED THE MOTOR?????? :mad:
HAVE YOU LOST YOUR NOODLE???? jawdrop
I'm not payin for that stuff, your eatin it or I am comin out there and kickin your ASS yuk

JetBoatRich
12-30-2002, 08:01 AM
Drop the motor?
Not good!

joe
12-30-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey i am looking for a good deal on exhaust

JetBoatRich
12-30-2002, 09:34 PM
joe:
Hey i am looking for a good deal on exhaust Dents don't bother you? frown
[ December 30, 2002, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Laveyman
12-31-2002, 05:16 AM
boatnam2:
dcb good luch with the lein.them fuc--ng prick put one on me for my american offshore that was 200 dollars.i sold the boat but it was still in my name in january.i got a notice in march and payed it promplty yet they still put a lein that ruined my credit and im still trying to get off.like i said before just give me 60 seconds to choke one of them los angeles county fu--ing iliterate,dumd,c--k sucking bastards and i will never ask for another thing. DUDE!!! Don't be shy and hold back. Tell us how ya really feel!!! :D :D :D

boatnam2
12-31-2002, 10:04 AM
laveyman i was holding back,i wish i had some of the people names that i have talked to they could tell you how i really feel.oh well im over it.naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa