PDA

View Full Version : Tx. Park's And Wildlife Rule's On Headers

Jetty 468
05-04-2003, 07:55 AM
I have just about had it with parks and wildlife ! I'm all for safe boating ,which I DO !! But since I drive a jet boat I'm fair game . The lake Nazi's stop me Sat. and picked at me checking EVERYTHING AGAIN and now he want's me to change my headers or stick muffler's in . I'm running tru transom Rewarders and water runs through them at two place's ! I would like to hear from some of you down at lake Lewisville as I know the game warden must of stop you also and are you getting any shit from them on t.t. headers ? I NEED to know soon if I'm legal as far as TX> boating law's with tru transom headers .
Thank's Jetty

Badboat1
05-04-2003, 09:23 AM
From what I heard they have a decibal law now but my beleif is thru transoms do not require mufflers all the i/o's don't have them.I get checked for mufflers and water in headers on a regular basis o/t's.Seen a airboat last sunday on the river and it was louder than any other boat.
The laws are written kinda chicken shit and does not exactly say. You can look up the parks and wildlife and read there laws.What a joke
BB1

Jetty 468
05-04-2003, 11:22 AM
Badboat1:
From what I heard they have a decibal law now but my beleif is thru transoms do not require mufflers all the i/o's don't have them.I get checked for mufflers and water in headers on a regular basis o/t's.Seen a airboat last sunday on the river and it was louder than any other boat.
The laws are written kinda chicken shit and does not exactly say. You can look up the parks and wildlife and read there laws.What a joke
BB1 I did go to the parks and wildlife web site and left them a letter burningm I have had three visit's from the game wardens over a three yr. peroid , not bad, one a yr. but I think his wife sent him out the door that morning without any :D Each time it's something differnt everything's fine with the boat with one game warden but the next one it's not :mad: Look's like I can take the boat the the Parks & Wildlife Dept. and pay the FEE to get it inspected and carry the cerfticate w/ me at all time's and hope to put a end to this argue kind of CRAP !

Jetty 468
05-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Oh yeh , it's not a local lake law we spoke about he was reading it from a copy of the TX. law's and gave me a copy .

vdrivenman
05-04-2003, 05:47 PM
hey jetty their not nazi's, just guys doing their job.
on rayburn & toledo and the rivers here, for O/T's it is h2o & mufflers. no if's an's or but's and i know most of them. got a green slip last year for being short a pfd, my fault !
the only ones that seem to slide by are the newer o/b's, reason is (factory exhaust)sure !
if you are lookin for a black & white rule in the books ? it isn't there. it seems to be left up to the individual.i can be off runnin in a cove no where near anyone else, but when i come to the ramps. it is check out time. i've tried to get something in writing that mine passes, but no go.
zoomies are definitely out. if u have any luck getting something in writing let me know.

Jetty 468
05-04-2003, 06:59 PM
I just use the nazi term sometimes when it's needed . I have asked alot of people about there visit's with the game wardens and yes they have bad day's too . The local sherriff's that work the lake are alot easier to get along with down right freindly !! Don't get me wrong here I'm all for safe boating and like the law being there to make sure all is safe for us !! I will be going to the park's and wildlife to check on it and will let you know if I can get it writing.

Badboat1
05-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Jetty I agree with ya one guy its ok next its you have to have this and that.I go to Texohma alot and all they want to see is life jackets and fire ext. and open headers never a problem no muff's or water and they never say a thing.Just cool guys there as in parks and wildlife.Lewisvile is a problem I go there and 100% legal I hope,never know.
BB1