PDA

View Full Version : Local mechanics

mud duck
09-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Does anyone have a good Minnesota mechanic they would like to recommend? I have driven down to Wichita to have Duane at Hi-Tech Performance do some work for me before, but really do not want to continue the transportation part of that. Duane has been great, excellent advice, excellent service, excellent value, he has taught me a whole lot. But I can only do the transfers on the weekends, and it takes some wear and tear on my van, plus a hotel room over night. Anyhow, Saturday I blew my Chevy 454 in my 21' Ultra and this winter it will need replacing. Where do I go that there is quality, in Minnesota yet resonable prices? :D

BigDaddy
09-08-2003, 06:40 PM
mud duck:
Does anyone have a good Minnesota mechanic they would like to recommend? I have driven down to Wichita to have Duane at Hi-Tech Performance do some work for me before, but really do not want to continue the transportation part of that. Duane has been great, excellent advice, excellent service, excellent value, he has taught me a whole lot. But I can only do the transfers on the weekends, and it takes some wear and tear on my van, plus a hotel room over night. Anyhow, Saturday I blew my Chevy 454 in my 21' Ultra and this winter it will need replacing. Where do I go that there is quality, in Minnesota yet resonable prices? :D If Ya Want Parts you can Use the Mail Order they are pretty Reasonable Like JeGs and or Summit but as far as MeCh Work in Minnesota hell you may find someone in Canada who is Good Closer then Wichita Ks Dam Thats far to get work done on your boat hell you could take a Course in Mechs Cheaper hahaha Just Kidding Good Luck

Mn Howard Cat
10-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Hay Mud Duck Give Robberts marine a call he has treated me grate and very up front and VERY reasonably priced. Tell him Don whith the Howard Cat recommended you He will treat you right
Robberts Speed and Marine
(612-968-1846)
P.S. He is located in Osseo Mn

Mn Howard Cat
10-03-2003, 02:50 PM
mud duck
Robbert would be right up your ally He also has a sweet blow jet boat

jockorace
10-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Mud Duck
Why do you need to go to a marine shop for just engine work? I've had WHEELER RACING in Blaine build my last two motors. Gary does exactly what he says he will do, has a price list for EVERY item you need, with no surprise invoice when you pickup your engine. They also do dyno work (I'll dyno 2-engines this winter).
Just pull your engine yourself and bring it to him.
Let me know if you don't have the equipment or place to pull the engine. You can do it at my place any time during the winter. I have a heated garage with a built-in winch in the ceiling. Can have the engine out in less than 1-hour, quicker if you have everything disconnected.
Be a great way to meet you!
Dave G

mud duck
10-14-2003, 10:14 AM
I have gone to Robert in the past. However, when I called his place this summer he was recovering from surgery. So, I was unsure if he was still doing boat engine repairs.
I might call Wheeler Racing in Blaine, I also heard of a shop in St. Louis Park that built racing engines. I have been trying to get some estimated figures out of Valley Motor Sports in Eagan ever since this happened, but they are swamped right now. My shattered engine currently sits in their shop on one of their engine stands for the other customers to see. I really do not need the new engine completed until next May, but I want to get it lined up with someone. And I think I want to go with a 502 this time. I should still be able to reuse my MSD ignition, B&M blower, Lighting headers, and a few other odd parts off the old engine (starter, alternator, fuel pumps & lines). But I need the whole bottom end; block, crank, rods, pistons, cam, oil pan, and I will probably get new heads too. All parts will be forged this time, and I will put on a rev limiter & oil cooler to try and keep things together. Oh, I do not want to see this bill. eek!

Mn Howard Cat
10-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Hey Mud Duck you should give me a call before you let Mark at Valley Motor Sports do any work for you!!!!!! lets jest say it's a long story but I have a couple of friend who do vary nice work and would be cheaper as well Mike Segar in Bloomington He did the 509ci motor in my Fountain 530hp and run like a clock for two and a half years until I sold it or threes Ron Flood at Cedar Machine in St,Paul and Derek Ludington at Ludington Engine in Canon Falls they both do vary nice work Derek has done a ton of work for me in the past but by fare Mike Segar is the best bank for the buck. He's got a lot of nice equipment and a sweet crank balancer.
Mike Segar ( Segar Racing)
952-854-5786
Derek Ludington (Ludington Engine)
507-732-5882
Ron Flood (Ceader Machine)
651-774-4956