PDA

View Full Version : Blarney Races Pic Post!!!!

K3-River-Rat
10-23-2002, 02:00 PM
I STILL didn't have an opportunity to get up to the Thursday evening races at Blarney Island AGAIN this year :mad: I have heard a "bunch" of stories about the races the big "party" afterwards and all the hot women that are there :D :D I would like "ANYONE" that has any pics that they can post of the races, party, women or any pics what so ever from the Chain-o-lakes area to "please" post them :cool: I'm looking for a new place to take my boat so I can run this V-drive I recently purchased wink It's TOO damn fast to run in the small river where I currently go boating to use it in a "safe" manner! If you have pics to post and do not know HOW to post them, post a message that you need to know how to get them posted and I will put up a post explaining the pic post process wink It's actually quite simple after you do it once or twice :D Thanks, K3 River Rat :D

vishus
10-23-2002, 03:15 PM
K3-River-Rat,
go over to the forums at www.screamandfly.com. (http://www.screamandfly.com.) The BAKERS (www.scaryfast.com) and some of the guys that race there on a regular basis hang out on that site. Kaptain Kirk and Sam Baker Jr. race at Blarney and do well, they can help if your interested in racing.
Check out this month's issue of BOATING, they did a 3 page article on the bar/racing scene at Blarney island.
have fun and watch out for those outboards.....
sid

Clown
10-23-2002, 06:37 PM
K3-River-Rat:
I STILL didn't have an opportunity to get up to the Thursday evening races at Blarney Island AGAIN this year :mad: I have heard a "bunch" of stories about the races the big "party" afterwards and all the hot women that are there :D :D I would like "ANYONE" that has any pics that they can post of the races, party, women or any pics what so ever from the Chain-o-lakes area to "please" post them :cool: I'm looking for a new place to take my boat so I can run this V-drive I recently purchased wink It's TOO damn fast to run in the small river where I currently go
to use it in a "safe" manner! If you have pics to post and do not know HOW to post them, post a message that you need to know how to get them posted and I will put up a post explaining the pic post process wink It's actually quite simple after you do it once or twice :D Thanks, K3 River Rat :D K-3 Where do you run your boat wright now!
What do you have as far as motor goes?
Lets see some of your pics!
One other ????? How Damn fast are you we dont want any more of you v drive Guys Kicking our MUD SUCKER
A$$e$.
With the over drive ___KL)_()(+POIK_)()IO+_(_+ Never Mind* I just lost it a little.

K3-River-Rat
10-23-2002, 07:53 PM
Clown:
K-3 Where do you run your boat wright now!
What do you have as far as motor goes?
Lets see some of your pics!
One other ????? How Damn fast are you we dont want any more of you v drive Guys Kicking our MUD SUCKER
A$$e$.
With the over drive ___KL)_()(+POIK_)()IO+_(_+ Never Mind* I just lost it a little.Clown, don't worry I'm not lookin to come and stomp on anyone, just lookin for a new place to hang out and meet some new people that are into high performance CHEVY boats :D There are only a handfull of us out on the Kankakee river that have something worth while :confused: I was the first to have a blower on my boat, did that about 5 years back and my buddy "finally" got one this year after telling me ever since I got mine I'll have just wait! (took him long enough :D )The first pic is this past spring after I freshened up the 468 and dropped it back in wink http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Motor1.JPGThe second pic is mine and my buddy's jets sitting out on the Kankakee river this past summer..He's actually the one I bought my Sanger V-drive from and that motor is the one he pulled out of the Sanger, added the Enderle injection to it and dropped it in his jet :( He said it was TOO much motor for that V-drive and after driving it with the tunnel ram motor I threw in it I can't even immagine driving it with THAT motor in it eek! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/MANTRA.JPG

K3-River-Rat
10-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Here's the V-drive :D I have only got to drive this once since I got it without a motor(after labor day) and had to throw one together real quick and figure out how this damn thing was supposed to be put together :confused: I took it out Saturday before last and froze my ass off taking it for a test drive eek! WOW, what a total difference from driving a jet(damn fast jet too yet!) :cool: http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/MVC-011F1.JPGHere's the "temporary" motor I built and dropped in it so I could take it out for a test drive to get an idea as to "how" I will need to make changes so it will perform the way I want it to :D http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/MVC-003F.JPG

intimidator
10-24-2002, 02:53 AM
thats one nice temporary motor rat.they say its totally different from jet to v-drive.i'm on my second jet.by yhe way explain in none computor guru how post pics this site. would appreciate.

superdave013
10-24-2002, 03:09 AM
Hey K3, when you start stepping on that blower you might want to change out that drive and snout. I had one of those deals and the ****er broke on me. The pulley came off (part of the shaft attached) and put a hole in the wing that was on my flat. :(
We'll have to find ya some light buckets to drop some weight out of that thing. I hear that clown guy's pretty quick! And we can't let any of those scream and cry.com weedwacker boys school ya. Nuttin better then the latest outboard technology getting spanked by an early 70's flat or jet!

Unchained
10-24-2002, 03:46 AM
K3riverrat, That's a nice clean boat but I'll put my money on Clowns boat when you run at Blarney.
He's got two Holleys on a tunnel ram just like you so it will be equally powered. George's motor is only 9:1 comp also.
Dave's right on that blower drive. Those 1/2" drive belts and pulleys can't take much OD. You'll need to go to an 8MM setup.
Intimidator, Email me your pics and I'll email you back the codes. Mnkrock@msn.com
Mark

superdave013
10-24-2002, 05:00 AM
Unchained:
K3riverrat, That's a nice clean boat but I'll put my money on Clowns boat when you run at Blarney.
He's got two Holleys on a tunnel ram just like you so it will be equally powered. George's motor is only 9:1 comp also.
Dave's right on that blower drive. Those 1/2" drive belts and pulleys can't take much OD. You'll need to go to an 8MM setup.
Intimidator, Email me your pics and I'll email you back the codes. Mnkrock@msn.com
MarkMark, I had the problem when I went to 8mm. I quit stripping belts and broke the drive it's self. Those are for street use. Not hardcore racing.
Oh shit, the moneys comming out! eek! eek! K3, don't let me down man!! hahaha

Infomaniac
10-24-2002, 08:07 AM
superdave013:
Hey K3, when you start stepping on that blower you might want to change out that drive and snout. I had one of those deals and the ****er broke on me. The pulley came off (part of the shaft attached) and put a hole in the wing that was on my flat. :(
I saw that too but did not say anything. I have never seen a top pulley turned around like that. It did not look very strong to me.
[ October 24, 2002, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

K3-River-Rat
10-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Hey Guys, I know that the guy that set the blower up took some "shortcuts" to get it all to work and "jerry-rigged" (for lack of a better word) this thing together so he wouldn't have to part with his "GOOD" parts to sell the boat! I "did" buy the correct parts to set the blower "properly" :D You guys should see the spacer set up this guy made out of a chunk of aluminum and a fan blade spacer he cut up to make an idler adjuster spacer he put between the blower housing and idler so he could run a harmonic balancer on it rather than have to give up his crank hub! :rolleyes: He turned the drive pulley around "backwards" so the belt would line up having that balancer on the crank instead of a blower crank hub. If nothing else I can say the guy had a pretty good immagination to dream that up. :confused: I bought a good double keyed blower crank hub off e-bay a while back and figured I could build a different motor set up over the winter so I could put the blower motor in the V-drive and get the 48 gears switched over to 22s or maybe a set of 18s? Infomaniac, what gears do you have in your boat and what kind of RPM are you turning at speed? I downloaded a couple of them videos you had posted and your boat is "quite" impressive! :cool: Clown seems a bit concerned that I want to come up to Blarney to kick some ass :D Fact is I really just want to watch or maybe race a few runs just for fun now and then. wink I've done my share of competitive racing at the dragstrip with my 69 Camaro. It's an expensive hobby that requires a lot of work and dedication. I love playing with high performance Chevy motors and have done it all my life. I've had the fastest boat on the Kankakee river for several years up until this year when my buddy dropped that 502 with the 1671 TBS supercharger that was special ordered then threw that Enderle injection on top that he had swiped out of the V-drive before he sold it to me. I will "no doubt" reclaim my fastest boat status (on the Kankakee river anyhow)next summer when I get the Sanger dialed in since it will be the "only" V-drive out there! :D I just want to go hang out at Blarney to meet some new people make a few new friends and maybe pick up a few new customers that I could do some work for. wink The Kankakee river is TOO shallow, there are TOO many boats and it is TOO small. There is only my buddy Tye and myself that are willing to spend the money it takes to have a fast boat that go out on the river. There are only "two" other jets out there that are running tunnel ram motors aside of Tye and myself that run blowers. The rest of the "very few" guys simply just can't afford it. Tye and myself also have a few years on the rest of the high performance guys and they sort of look at us as their "mentors" which I guess is OK as far as Tye and I are concerned. We always try to help them out in any way we can and we all are very good friends and "always" have a great time out on the river but Tye & his wife and myself are looking for a little something "different" to do, so I suggested going up to Blarney from time to time, I think it would be a lot of fun!
[ October 24, 2002, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

superdave013
10-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Info runs 37's and his rpm is in the high 7K range. He's running alki too. Pretty stout deal.

K3-River-Rat
10-24-2002, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Superdave wink BTW Thanks also for the e-mail yesterday :)

KAPTAIN KIRK
10-24-2002, 08:26 PM
Yes I may have a blender onda back!!
But I will try and run wit any of ya anytime !!!
Anyone interested in trying out the lower fox or chain o lakes and blarneys consider an open invitation from myself and my lady ta take ya out and show ya the shallows and the deep spots and where the local badges park!!
Let me know ahead of time and I will do my best ta get ya a place ta stay and ramp spot !!
E- me when the time comes at RAPIDCRAPPER@AOL.COM
K.K.

K3-River-Rat
10-24-2002, 09:09 PM
intimidator:
thats one nice temporary motor rat.they say its totally different from jet to v-drive.i'm on my second jet.by yhe way explain in none computor guru how post pics this site. would appreciate.Intimidator, the magic is ("paste" the "peoperties" of the pic here) that's it :D I'm sure you know how to post a pic already (right?) if not, click on "media center" from the home page then click on "post your picture" choose the place you want the pic to be saved to "readers rides" etc.once the pic has uploaded,"right click" the BIG pic (not the thumbnail) go to the bottom of the box and click on "properties" it will pop up another box. go to the "URL" put your mouse arrow on the center of the URL then double "left" click to "highlight" the URL then "right" click again go down to "copy" left click again.You now have the pic properties "loaded" into your mouse.Then go back to whatever forum you were wanting to post the pics.Now just bring up the "reply" box and follow the above directions :D "right" click "paste" keep your eye on the cursor when you do this, it will sometimes "move" on you! click the "preview post" and the pic "should be there wink I will usually open 2 Hot Boat windows at the same time to do this (makes it go a lot faster)After you do it a few times you'll get the hang of it! It's actually quite simple once you catch on wink Good Luck :D BTW Thanks for the compliment on my "temporary" motor :D

K3-River-Rat
10-24-2002, 09:28 PM
KAPTAIN KIRK:
Yes I may have a blender onda back!!
But I will try and run wit any of ya anytime !!!
Anyone interested in trying out the lower fox or chain o lakes and blarneys consider an open invitation from myself and my lady ta take ya out and show ya the shallows and the deep spots and where the local badges park!!
Let me know ahead of time and I will do my best ta get ya a place ta stay and ramp spot !!
E- me when the time comes at RAPIDCRAPPER@AOL.COM
K.K.K.K.Thank You for the invitation that would be "very much" appreciated :D I tried like hell to get the guys to make a trip up with me "this" year but the other guys just couldn't get off of work to go on a Thursday :mad: If nothing else next year I will come up by myself on Thurs.and have the rest of the gang "meet" me there on Sat.and stay the weekend wink I'm sure I'll be talking with a lot of you guys that hang out up that way through these winter months ahead of us.I wish I could afford to take my boat and go out west for the winter :( Some of the guys I have met from out west seem to be some really great people :cool: Who knows? Maybe it's in my future! :D OH,BTW I DO still own my Mantra Tunnel-hull Jetboat :D I might just bring that one the first time I come up? :confused:

Clown
10-26-2002, 03:24 PM
K-3
Where on the kanke do you guys run?
I run on the illinois river by big basin its near the
tee of the kanke in channahan jsdhfgkasyhdf or who ever you spell it!I never see anyone with hot shit out there. :D

K3-River-Rat
10-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Clown:
K-3
Where on the kanke do you guys run?
I run on the illinois river by big basin its near the
tee of the kanke in channahan jsdhfgkasyhdf or who ever you spell it!I never see anyone with hot shit out there. Clown,we run right in the city of K3 where I57 crosses over the river.You've probably heard of the Kankakee River Regatta Races on Labor Day weekend??? :confused: Outboard Circle boat races (not really of much interest to me personally) Quite a "big" deal,professional racers from all over the country come to run in these races and it draws a "huge" crowd!! Pretty big weekend party with bands at night, a small carnival, beer garden etc. Only "bad" thing about it is "someone" decided it was the "BIG FINISH" marking the last weekend of boating season in Kankakee and "most" everyone winterizes their boats and you don't see them til the following year!? I could just "choke" who ever it was that made this up!! There is actually only a small length of the river that is boatable. The only reason that portion of it is even usable is due to the fact they built a dam at Washington Ave. and raised the water level. They used to put boards in the dam in the spring to raise the level a bit higher to make the boating area a little larger then remove them in the fall.The river changes every year due to the sand that washes in from Indiana and the usable channel to get up and down the river also moves around a bit from year to year depending on where the spring thaw ice and high water from the spring rain is flowing and carving the deeper path that year :confused: It's a pretty "tricky" river to navigate and it's getting to the point that if they don't do "something" different in a few more years you will not be able to run anything out there but jets. You might be running in 10ft of water and move left or right just a few feet and run your boat on ground :mad: A lot of people chew the shit out of their props every weekend and if they don't know "where" the channel is at in the river that year they had better "ask" one of us that has determined exactly "where" we need to run for the season to take them the length of the river and "show" them the "path" where they need to run to get from point A to point B or they won't be boating for very long due to damage :( It's almost like trying to run a boat in a "creek" in several areas and is QUITE dangerous! Like I have said in the past there are only a "handfull" of us that have high performance boats and just until "this" year I was the only one running a blower. My buddy Tye told me every year for 5 years he was going to have a blower on his boat "next" year :rolleyes: He finally got the job done this past summer and I think one of the reasons it took him so long was the fact that he wanted to have a set-up "bigger & better" than what I had :D He "DID" go all out and spent over $20,000.00 for the motor!! It's a 502 BBC with a polished billet aluminum 1671 TBS supercharger, Super Chiller intercooler and an Enderle bug catcher mechanical injection system. "beautiful motor" runs great,only problem was the fact he had blown up so many motors he was scared to death to run it!! He never came straight out and would "admit" it but I've known him about 20 years and "knew" better!! So it spent all summer "parked" at the island looking pretty. He would cruise it past the island and throw up a few rooster tails after the no wake (past the island) ended at 6:00PM then park it again.I finally got him to "push" it a bit on Labor Day (last day of boating season) The Conservation Police has all the local jetboaters put on a little "show" for all the spectators that marks the end of the weekend just after the final race on Monday. The races are held a little ways east of the dam where the river is the deepest and widest. All boats with place diverters are lined up side by side the width of the river and run past the spectators with roosters shooting up as high as you can get them up there. We generally run past turn around go back by then race back to our island to finish our own party. My buddy Tye was out of fuel for the rooster run and I just happened to have an extra jug of 114 left in my truck. His motor sounded "real" healthy on the 114. Since I don't have a place diverter on my jet we just left my boat at the island and I rode with him. It wasn't all to difficult to get him to "jump" on that motor a bit.(that's the only reason I know that motor runs as strong as it does)Here's a couple of pics from Labor Day weekend. I think there was only two of the guys that weren't there that day, I'm pretty sure this is all the rest of our group. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/MVC-005F1.JPG http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/MVC-019F.JPG

K3-River-Rat
10-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Forgot to mention I know exactly where you're at over there by Big Basin Marina. I had a big boat a while back I kept over at Bay Hill. Before anyone pokes fun at those #s on my boat they were just temporary ones I stuck on it in the parking lot right before I put it in the water for the weekend. :confused: I had never bothered to file the paperwork til this year after the TN registration finally expired. Took IL forever to issue me a title and registration #s

Clown
10-30-2002, 07:12 PM
K-#
whats up with the project!!!!????
Shoot me an E:Mail. :rolleyes:

K3-River-Rat
11-25-2002, 12:55 AM
HEY CLOWN do you have any pics you could post on how that new motor of yours is coming along???

Clown
12-28-2002, 12:34 PM
K-3
Been busy out in the garage messin with the new motor not shure I'm going to have it ready for the start of the season. But I should make about 1700to1800 H.P.
I know I'm looking at another Death wish!

Unchained
12-28-2002, 01:31 PM
K3-river-rat, What is that platform on top of the yellow/orange boat in the picture? I can't figure out if he launches parasailers off of there or if it's a solar panel.
Here's a picture of my boat and Georges boat from Labor day weekend at Hardy Dam.
http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/DSC01270.JPG
Here's an average weekend party crowd at one of the coves at Hardy.
http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/DSC01276.JPG
[ December 28, 2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Unchained ]

K3-River-Rat
12-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Unchained:
K3-river-rat, What is that platform on top of the yellow/orange boat in the picture? I can't figure out if he launches parasailers off of there or if it's a solar panel.[/b]
LMAO :D
Funny you should ask about that platform, I started in on that guy a few years back blowin him a bunch of shit about his "party platform"....
When everyone found my razzin him pretty funny and all laughed about it my buddy Tye followed suit with me and proceeded to embarrass the hell out of this kid so bad every weekend he come to the river one weekend without it on there :D
He only puts that thing back on for the three days of labor day weekend now...
They sit up on top of it to watch the races when our group of jets all ties together in the middle of the river for the best place to watch from as we wait for the end of the final race on monday when the river patrol gives us our signal for the "grand finali".......
Then our group puts on the annual "rooster tail show" that lets all the spectators know the races and weekend are "officially" over and to let the "traffic jambs" begin....
I see it was Clown that pulled this thread back up to relpy to a post I put up over a month ago...(at least he replied)
I thought this thing was dead & GONE :D
Clown that sounds like it will be a LOT of motor!!!
I've STILL been trying to get myself out of a financial jamb from last spring,
so I haven't been able to do jack shit with either one of my boats yet :mad:
Holy shit unchained that pic you posted really W>>I>>D>>E>>N>>E>>D this thread out!!! eek! :D
What kind of hull is your boat?? I could really go wild with a trick custom paint job on that hull with all the body lines & contours that thing has on it.... That would really finish it off nicely :D wink
The coves at Hardy Dam look like they would be a pretty good time too!!!

Unchained
12-28-2002, 08:22 PM
K3-River-Rat:
What kind of hull is your boat?? I could really go wild with a trick custom paint job on that hull with all the body lines & contours that thing has on it.... That would really finish it off nicely D wink
[/QB]Whoa, That first picture sure turned out wide.
K3 riverrat, My boat hull is a JJ Cheyenne and is for sale. Here is a link to some pictures and info on it. http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/Jetboatforsale.htm
I just ordered a new 19' Edge from Hi-Tech Performance.
Mark

Clown
03-17-2003, 08:11 PM
[ March 17, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Clown ]