PDA

View Full Version : Checkmate

Posey
11-05-2002, 06:08 AM
I was wanting to know if anybody had any experience with checkmate boats? I tried out 2 different 270BR's 1st was a small block and it seemed to run out ok, 2nd was a big block and it porposed. I was wondering if it was a weight factor or poor design in hull. I like the boat but don't need any problems. Any feed back?
Thanks,
Posey :cool:

WATERROCKET
11-07-2002, 05:11 AM
Posey, Did both boats have power trim? And did you have the big block trimed down?

Posey
11-07-2002, 06:58 AM
Waterrocket,
Yes, both had trim tabs and the outdrive was trimmed down. I realize trim tabs can cure the problem but if the hull and balance is correct it won't porpose. If you run WFO trim tabs are just a drag. Trim tabs are for leveling and rough water. I think if everything is right all you need is trim on the out drive.
Thanks for the reply, have you had any experience with Checkmate?
Posey

WATERROCKET
11-08-2002, 05:31 AM
No. Baja's and Chris Crafts are all I have had with no problems like that. Do you have the problem at topend also?

Posey
11-11-2002, 09:07 AM
Waterrocket,
Sorry I'm just now getting back with you. The big block finally quite porposing at WFO! I've been in some Baja's that the faster you went the worse they porposed. I think it a balance thing, especially with big blocks in shorter boats. I had a '92 270 Baja with a 502, a sweet boat, no problems with it.