PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day in North Texas?

cookieman
05-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Where is eveyone going for Memorial Day here in the DFW area? I know that a few of us have discussed Possiblity of meeting down on the Brazos River around the Kimball bridge. I know that I taked to Big Daddy a few months ago about a get togther on the river. I have a few guys from Granbury that will most likely show up. I also know that Norman Cox from Okla.will be by this way on his way back from Del Rio on Memorial Day. Norman is a Professional Photographer and would like to meet bunch of us and take pictures of our boats. Let's talk it up guys, this will be the first time we can all get together for the season. I am open for all suggetions and ideas.

TX19
05-09-2003, 05:28 PM
Count me in. I plan to be there. I am not sure how many days, but I will be there Monday for sure.

cookieman
05-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the reply TX19, I guess you know about where to go if not keep my number and get with me. I kow this will be 1 of the many times that we can get meet everyone and have some fun. TTUL Bill (cookieman)

Ronnie
05-11-2003, 06:55 AM
I am planing on going to Texmoa for this weekend. There is a poker run this weekend. Is anyone else going up there? Let me know so we can meet for a few cold ones.
Ronnie

jeffro
05-11-2003, 05:25 PM
hey guys -
i'm going to spend the weekend at big mineral camp on texoma. supposed to be a happenin' party up there. :D
sure hope so.
laters
:cool:

Badboat1
05-11-2003, 05:57 PM
I,Just got off the phone with all the guys and we are going to be at the river.I believe from what all told me we will have alot of peps there. Sorry on Texhoma this time guys I love it there but the River will be going on.So count me in for sure Cookieman
Badboat1

Infomaniac
05-11-2003, 06:03 PM
BadBoat1:
What is the most HP you guys ever saw on the dyno from a single carb 9:1 502?

Badboat1
05-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Info,Help me out on that stock heads or after market.Had one with 10.5 comp and brodix heads and roller cam it made 680hp
BB1

Infomaniac
05-11-2003, 06:59 PM
This one is a crate engine with AFR heads and comp roller. 9:1
They say it dynoed 741 HP @ 6,100 RPM :D
I do not have anything bad to say about the owner. I am very dissapointed with the dyno people. It is the most reputable dyno shop on earth. They send someone home with these numbers to share with the world. Maybe this is why they get 650.00 for a dyno day.
If I am wrong I will appologize in public. Maybe those west coast guys have some magic dyno dust that we do not have out here. Maybe that is why everything is nearly twice as expensive also?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45motorinboat-med.JPG
[ May 11, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Badboat1
05-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Damnit,Send me some of those that is a badmofo.Sorry I have a hard time believing that.The 502 I was talking about I thought it was good at 680 and real good 1.476 hp per cubic inch that figures for that 502. A good pump gas mo makes 1.346 hp per cid and I mean aspirated also.
Call me if you got a min.
817-249-0104
BB1

TX19
05-12-2003, 06:33 PM
I am glad to see that others find some left coast dyno numbers a little fat. I have seen this same place publish flow numbers on heads that only they can achieve.
I also see some gps numbers from that same area of the country that seem a bit high - like 19' v bottom jet boats with less than 500 hp running high 80's.
Do you think possibly some of that "dyno dust" blew into the rivers out there and made them a little slicker?
Around here "dyno dust" has a very distinct smell.
To ranchers and dairy men it smells like money. I'll bet the same is true in California.

Rocket2003
05-13-2003, 04:15 AM
Can ya'll post a map to where to go on the Brazos? I want to come and play! idea

Ronnie
05-13-2003, 07:14 AM
Jeffro
What kind of boat are you going to be in at texmoa. I will be in a blue and white concord 22' v bottom. will be on the look out for you.
Ronnie

cookieman
05-14-2003, 07:19 PM
I went to the river today guys and stoped at Chisholm Trails and found that the boat ramp would not be usable for most of us. I have talked to Randy(BadBoat1)and we think that Ploughman's creek would be a better for all concerned. Many of you know about this place from the big Get together that happens there in OCt. Keep in touch and we are going to see how many spots we can get. Randy will check to see what is open and how many spots we can get.We need to know how many people are planning to come. Call me if you need help or directions cell 817-713-0153 or home 817 910-1249. TTUL Bill (cokieman)

Badboat1
05-15-2003, 07:56 AM
Ok seen were some of the peps don't know the way there and it will book up fast.If your coming for a day just pay ramp fee and not staying over night.Here are two links.One you can reserve a spot online I will be in my normal place spot 28-30 in that area.Plowman creek will be the best
http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/tx/plow/newindex.html
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/lakes/whitney/access/
Badboat1
[ May 15, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Badboat1 ]

Badboat1
05-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Ok I will not be at Plowman Creek Park it is full for sure.Got alot of rain this morning and we are back on Chisolm Trail Park.Off of Hwy 174 if you cross the bridge you went to far go to the store and ask them on the right before you got to the bridge heading south they can tell you how to get there.So if you can't figure it out call me on my cell 817-312-7492 or home 817-249-0104.It will be a blast and party also.
Randy BB1

jeffro
05-16-2003, 08:16 PM
hey ronnie
i've got a glastron carlson cv 23.
brown and tan with a polished aluminun windscreen. wink
be lookin' out for ya! :D
:cool:

Ronnie
05-18-2003, 06:56 AM
jeffro
I will be looking for you. it may be lat sat before i get up there i am still working on my seats. but as soon as i get there i will start looking for you. lets have a good time and a couple of cold ones
ronnie

brazosjettin
05-19-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey badbooat 1, this is homeblt86jet. aka travis over at mikes and need to know how many people are going to be at chislom. im leaving thurs morning to get some sites and need to know how many to grab up.... for every one else on here that may remember my red sanger(blown up) finaly got my new moter in and it ran ok for the first time out.71.2 on gps.any way looking forward to having a goooood time and shooting a little roost. call me on my cell and let me know how many spots to grab.214-837-1196

brazosjettin
05-19-2003, 03:35 PM
Hey badbooat 1, this is homeblt86jet. aka travis over at mikes and need to know how many people are going to be at chislom. im leaving thurs morning to get some sites and need to know how many to grab up.... for every one else on here that may remember my red sanger(blown up) finaly got my new moter in and it ran ok for the first time out.71.2 on gps.any way looking forward to having a goooood time and shooting a little roost. call me on my cell and let me know how many spots to grab.214-837-1196

cookieman
05-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Well I got the motor back in the boat this past weekend and trailer ranit forbout 5 min. may be I will get to water test this week sometme, if not I will water test this weekend. Hopefully everything will be ok. If not it can sit on the trailer and look pretty. I have talked to a few guys here in Granbury and looks like many will be there on Sun. and Mon. I hope everyone is inviting anyone they know to show up. Who knows this maybe the beginning of a North Texas Boat club. I know we have many lakes here and we could pick one a month and meet to have some fun. See Ya at the river. Bill (cookieman)

StealBlueZ
05-20-2003, 06:54 PM
I haven't been on the forums in a while, but I may make it to chisolms for Sunday, maybe Monday dragin' a Hydro. May see you guys there.
Steal

vdrivenman
05-21-2003, 02:39 AM
well look what the CAT drug in, bout time !!!
post a couple of pic's of that badboy of yourz.
nigga pleaz !
hack

StealBlueZ
05-21-2003, 12:51 PM
MY NIGGA...! Digi cam took a dump on me and I just haven't had is fixed yet. Will post a pic as soon as I can. Maybe if I make it there, someone will snap one and post it.
Over & out
pig_flyi

sdba069
05-26-2003, 06:57 AM
Hey Badboat and Cookieman,thought you guys might come by and say hello this weekend.Got up this morning,went out on the deck,and heard a jet boat come by on the river in the rain.if it clears up later,may try to take the Placecraft down and see how it likes the blown alky setup.

cookieman
05-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Snowman you missed all of us this weekend. We all meet at Chisholm Trails, put in at Ploughman's and went down the river Sat. I think everyone had a good time between staying in the boats to just keep them running. It seems that the weather was not in our favor, but everyone was glad to meet and put a face and boat to a name. I meet with a returnee (Norman Cox from Okl)on his way back from Del Rio. I also meet with Jody from Waco who pulled up here Monday just to have the trailer break down (wheel bearing)in Cleburne. He never got the boat river wet. I meet a few guys from the Joe Pool area Sunday evening. Hopefully there will be a few pics posted this week from some of the guys that showed up. BB1 gave up Sunday morning to high winds and rain. Hopefully everyone will keep in touch and we can meet again over the summer months and get together under hot and sunny weather.Hope you plan to have your annual shingig in Oct. as it seems we are looking forward to that as much as we do meeting this summer. Sorry you missed us, next time we will have to make more noise to get you out of the house. To all That showed up this weekend it was nice to meet everyone and let's do it again. TTUL Bill Davis (cookieman)

TX19
05-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Hey Mike, Travis and Mike, sorry we didn't get back up to Chisolm Trails to see you all after we went to get lunch. My trailer just wouldn't cooperate. We got to Cleburne and it crapped out in the Home Depot / Appleby's parking lot. We didn't even get the boat river wet today, but we certainly got it rain wet ..... and filthy. Nothing seems to get a boat nastier than towing in the rain.
It seems the river north of Whitney has us jinxed. I have had two problems with my rig in the past two years - broken rocker studs last 4th of July and crapped out wheel bearing on the trailer today - but I am willing to give it another shot. However, on the next trip I won't believe the weather reports, but will call before I go and see what is actually going on. It rained on us all the way to the river, while we were fixing the trailer, and quit about the time we got back to Waco. We still had a good time and got to make some new friends.
Bill and Cindy, thanks a lot for getting out in the rain and keeping us company while we repaired the wheel bearing. It was great to meet you both and we look forward to the next time. I do hope it will be drier and warmer.
Randy, sorry I didn't get to meet you and that your tent threw a rod (or did it spin a bearing - too much nitrous maybe?) in the middle of the night. I saw it in the dumpster at Chisolm Trail as we were leaving to go to lunch. It didn't seem to be your weekend either. I thought about you today when we were fixing the wheel bearing in the rain. At least it was day light for us. We will catch up with you next time and try to get our "stuff" together by then.
Thanks again to everyone for the hospitality.
Bye!....Jody

Badboat1
05-27-2003, 10:27 AM
Sorry I missed you TX19 had to try and get all the shit dried out.Damn the rain!!!
Here is a few pics
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00074-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00075-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00076-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00080-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00081-med.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00082-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00083-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31Dsc00089-med.jpg
BB1

brazosjettin
05-30-2003, 02:25 PM
hey guys, just wanted to say (whhhhaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuup).this is travis over at mike's house had a good time this last weekend and look forward to doing it again.mike has some good pics of bb1,cookie man dave and a couple of mine. he also has a pic of cooki's roooooooster.looked good but i forgot how to post them. when i find out we will post them.by the way my hull is for sell. $2,500 firm. going to look at an eliminater hull tomorrow. if any one is intrested call me on my cell,or home# my cell # is 214-837-1196, my home# is 972-962-7541.if you want to see a pic it is the red one with the scoop on it that bb1 posted. jawdrop

brazosjettin
05-30-2003, 04:49 PM
tx19.sorry to here about your luck mon.i had problems myself.....dist. craped on me broke the hardend pin that runs the cam gear.and thanks to snow he got me back on the water.thanks a whole lot man you are a very cool dude and hopefully will one day have a boat fast enough boat to play with you....any way met a lot of cool jetters out there this last weekend and look forward to next time. argue and michael (nutso)this is for you. quit your bitchen. argue devil yuk

brazosjettin
05-30-2003, 04:50 PM
tx19.sorry to here about your luck mon.i had problems myself.....dist. craped on me broke the hardend pin that runs the cam gear.and thanks to snow he got me back on the water.thanks a whole lot man you are a very cool dude and hopefully will one day have a boat fast enough boat to play with you....any way met a lot of cool jetters out there this last weekend and look forward to next time. argue and michael (nutso)this is for you. quit your bitchen. argue devil yuk