PDA

View Full Version : Patoka Lake.......Southern, IN

HavasuDreamin'
07-25-2003, 07:03 AM
Any body have any information on this reservoir? I will be down there in a couple of weeks.
Rough water or mostly smooth? Shallow.....or shallow areas/sand bars? Any hot boats? Any place where people tie off and hang out?
Thanks.
[ July 25, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

catnaround
07-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Dreamin,
I was there once a couple of years ago. We had rented a houseboat. Pretty calm water, but I do believe it is a shallow lake being it is man made by Corp. don't remember any sanbars though. Of course the whole weekend is one big blur. :rolleyes:

catnaround
07-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Better yet, I would just make the 3 hr extra drive and go to KY lake. It is bigger, has more to do on it and lots of hot boats. Rough water though in certain areas do to boat traffic.

burbanite
07-29-2003, 09:08 PM
HavasuDreamin':
Any body have any information on this reservoir? I will be down there in a couple of weeks.
Rough water or mostly smooth? Shallow.....or shallow areas/sand bars? Any hot boats? Any place where people tie off and hang out?
Thanks. Tiff says the fishing is good... :D

HavasuDreamin'
07-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info. catnaround. I will look out for brown water. eek!
Burb.....if this place turns out to be pretty good, you and Tiff will have to make the next trip and Tiff can bring her fishin' poles. Just remind her that we have no live wells on our boats. wink :D
[ July 30, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

WATERROCKET
08-05-2003, 03:23 PM
HD, When are you thinking about going down there.I have heard a lot of good things about that lake. And hows it goin Burb. Did you sell your carbs and intake? In the middle of Kansas some place today. Hotter than shit. jd