PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bad Bad

Thunderbutt
08-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Miss Budwiser was alwayes a boat that made a demonstration run, never a challanger because of her speed, and because Budwiser was a sponsor of the event. When Powerboat said they would put the Shootout winner on the cover of there magazine then Miss Budwiser said they would be a particpate. Miss Budwiser is know to go 200 MPH in the gold cup races. Most of the Hi-Performance boats that came to the shootout are in the 160's to 180's. so they got screwed. Miss Bud. has been on every cover of all of the boat magazine plus newspapers, what is one more.
That will take away the desire of the other boats to come next year.

BigDaddy
08-25-2002, 06:35 PM
Thunderbutt:
Miss Budwiser was alwayes a boat that made a demonstration run, never a challanger because of her speed, and because Budwiser was a sponsor of the event. When Powerboat said they would put the Shootout winner on the cover of there magazine then Miss Budwiser said they would be a particpate. Miss Budwiser is know to go 200 MPH in the gold cup races. Most of the Hi-Performance boats that came to the shootout are in the 160's to 180's. so they got screwed. Miss Bud. has been on every cover of all of the boat magazine plus newspapers, what is one more.
That will take away the desire of the other boats to come next year.Hey ThunderBuTT I totally agree with you I listened to the races on the net and they even gave her a exibition run before they let her do the run for Real WHATS UP WITH THAT SHIT no one else got that treatment well maybe that scott guy could have but no one else did and since when is it ok for a profesional race boat to compete with everyday drivers etc. That boat is made for Racing and Magazine Covers why do they have to compete against this group are they feeling Weak and need to build up there EGO a BIT any way I AGREE and DISAGREE with the OUTCOME I think Callen should get the COVER for his 169MPH RUN
and Thats My 2 Cents
BIGDADDY
http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/cwm/cwm/piss2.gifBuDwEiSeR

Badboat1
08-26-2002, 08:07 PM
Maybe Bernie needs a new trophy to add to the 100's he has. I think it was bullshit Callen should get top gun
Badboat1

Sea Esta
08-27-2002, 09:07 AM
ALL....Express your opinions to PowerBoat Magazine as I did this morning. Maybe if enough of us write in to the editorial dept. and complain, maybe they will rethink about putting Miss Bud on the cover. Here is the link,
http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/feedback/contact.php

D-BO
08-27-2002, 10:21 AM
Since David Scot couldn't get Budweiser on the cover they had to put miss bud in it just to beat Callan, I think it's crap!! I'll bet next year Callan comes back with something totally off the wall!!

Sea Esta
08-27-2002, 11:44 AM
PowerBoat Magazine was very quick to respond to the issue. Here is their response:
"We were surprised by the actions of the Anheuser-Busch teams. Technically
speaking, Miss Budweiser broke no rules of the shootout.
Under the rules of the shootout, any boat can run, including an Unlimited
hydroplane. Fastest boat is Top Gun and we are under contractual obligation
to put the Top Gun on our cover. Not doing so would be equally unethical.
Thanks for the letter. I'm sure there will be more like it.
Brett Becker, editor
Powerboat magazine"

D-BO
08-27-2002, 01:53 PM
Well maybe we can get a Callan/Miller Lite boat next year to had "Bud" thier BUTTS!!

Thunderbutt
08-27-2002, 03:37 PM
D-BO:
Well maybe we can get a Callan/Miller Lite boat next year to had "Bud" thier BUTTS!!Like I said, next year you will see a slue of Gold cup boats and less of the big cats. There is no way the Cat boats can get up to that speed in that distance. The sponson boat will win every time. I still think Powerboat sucks, but It wasn't there decision to let miss Bud enter, that came from the organizers of the event, but you know Mr Little and Budwiser were leaning on them to do so. There reason was that the Callan boat hept claming that they could go 200 MPH. Hey I've been saying my boat will go 90 MPH for the last 30 years,(BS) and I'm still trying.

Jungle Boy
08-28-2002, 12:43 PM
Sea Esta:
ALL....Express your opinions to PowerBoat Magazine as I did this morning. Maybe if enough of us write in to the editorial dept. and complain, maybe they will rethink about putting Miss Bud on the cover. Here is the link,
http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/feedback/contact.phpTo all; I linked up and sent a short note to the editor, saying that I thought that Miss Bud sucked and I'm not buying Bud beer any more. Brett Becker the editor mailed back saying "thank you and we expect more letters of the same opinion". Write in and voice your opinions. Maybe Budweiser will have a conscience and hand back the trophy they must have won. They sand bagged adn should not be proud. :mad:

D-BO
08-28-2002, 01:28 PM
Unfortunatly the rules do not say "No Unlimited Hydros". I think it sucks myself but if it's not in the rules than it must be legal. I'm sure you guys will agree with me when I say "Legal isn't always fair"