PDA

View Full Version : Tablerock Roost - July 26 & 27

Ken F
07-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Well, had a great fourth of July weekend at Shell Knob until I broke one of my homemade rocker studs About 4:30 Sunday afternoon! Glad it happened then, it made it through the whole weekend, and if it hadn't happened then, it would have when I put in for the "Roost", and I would have been down for the weekend!!!.
Did lots of scouting for our get together. Found a great place for us all to hang out during the day. Its' called Pirhanna point, and has a huge gravel beach, & plenty of shade & room to hang out.
Also saw 5 other "hot-boats" that I was able to chase down with no effort! (they all kind of had a surprised look on their faces) All said they would be there! One young guy in a flattie who was from Wichita, one local who lives on the lake & showed me the point.
Should be a great get-together! Bring lawn chairs, and drinks. It's okay to camp over there too (free) if anyone wants too.
We will be meeting near the Shell Knob public use ramp & the hwy 39 bridge, on the water about 10 AM Saturday morning.
Ken F
[ July 08, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Ken F ]

Bajajet
07-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey Ken. I guess no one wants to reply so I will. We will be there. We just need to get Randy's motor back between the stringers! What a mess that has been. Anyway should be 2 boats from Iowa anyway!
Craig

Ken F
07-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Good Craig, looking forward to meeting you and Randy!
Duane from HTP has about 10-12 boats coming from Wichita, and should be around 15 from Missouri..
Looking forward to a good time!
I got a new rocker stud made this eveing, and should have mine back together too.
Ken F

RonR
07-10-2003, 03:46 PM
Ken,
Thanks alot for the phone call the other night, it made me feel welcome to a group that I haven't even met. My new boat (new to me ) is due to arrive the 19th or 20th of the month. It doesn't give me alot of time to check it out but, one way or another, I'll see you there. Again, thanks for the call.
RonR

D-BO
07-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Hey guys, my lake house is in Shell Knob, I haven't been down there yet this year because all of friends go to Grand Lake! I've been going down there all year. My brother and I might try to come down for the weekend!!! I need to make a trip to pick a motor!! Keep me posted!!
Thanks,
D-BO

D-BO
07-15-2003, 10:30 AM
I taked to some of my buddies, it looks like we're in for the weekend. There sould be anywhere for 5 to 15 boats coming! All but one of us are outboatds. We all quit coming because nobody with "***boats" went down there!! If you guys want to give me a call you can reach me @ (417)-438-3633 It would be great to get a chance to meet other "***boaters" especially on my home lake!!!!
D-BO

Ken F
07-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey De-bo...that's great!
My brother and I have a small camp trailer in Shell Knob, and Duane Oblander from Hi-Tech Performance has a "Cabin" down there too!
Looking like we are up to between 30-40 hot boats at this point! Are you ready for some ROOSTERS????
There are a few outboards coming from this area too, but that is what the LBBA is all about...having fun & getting together!
If anyone wants to get in touch with me,
417-732-1890
Ken F

Infomaniac
07-16-2003, 05:17 AM
How far from the ramp to the hang out spot?
Zoomies?

RandyH
07-16-2003, 07:01 AM
Infomaniac:
How far from the ramp to the hang out spot?
Zoomies? I heard a 1.5 miles. Here is the post.
http://www.banderlog.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/3341.html
I can hold your camera for you for a ride. :D :D :D :D
RandyH

Infomaniac
07-18-2003, 08:50 PM
I am trying to fix a twisted off prop shaft - prop and rudder in time.
WHAT ABOUT THE ZOOMIES !!!!!

kp216
07-19-2003, 04:15 AM
Infomaniac:
WHAT ABOUT THE ZOOMIES !!!!! Info - I'm trying to find out for you. I don't think there are any restrictions, but I'm not not absolutely sure. I just sent an email to Ken asking him.

Infomaniac
07-19-2003, 06:11 AM
Zoomies are illegal anywhere.
Just wondering if they look the other way or not.
How about headers and no baffles?

kp216
07-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Info - Ken said he had no idea about zoomies, but OT's without mufflers draw no attention.
Are ya' gonna make it?

Infomaniac
07-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Thanks, I am going to try. Even if for only one of the days.
Parts do not arrive until Thurs. I did zing the engine.
Sounds like fun.