PDA

View Full Version : Illinois River HOT SPOTS

Clown
09-01-2002, 11:58 AM
Am I the only guy out at the illinios river making noise . I have a 19ft daytona jet with a stout big block, boat will do 103mph in a 1000ft . My problem is that their seems to be no one else out on the river to hang out with, that also has a hot rod boat.I would make my boat water legal if their weir some other people out their .Right now i just race it at Blarneys island on thursday nights. I used to go to the desplaines conservation area near Channahon . But the cons police warned me on three seprate ocasions not to come back. Funny i didnt listen the first or the second time but i did the third time!!
Are their any clubs in the chicago land area for hot boaters if not their should be!!!!!!!!!??????

Unchained
09-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Hey Clown, You can use some of your winnings from the Ottawa race to buy a blower now. :D
You may want to come over to Mi. next weekend to Hardy Dam. It's the biggest hot boat meet of the year. The Mi. Hot Boat Assn. and the Northern Indiana Hot Boat club will both be there. From where you are it's about a 5 hr drive. There's a huge campground there.
Mark
[ September 01, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Unchained ]

Olds 403
09-02-2002, 05:56 AM
Unchained,
Can you elaborate a little more on the jetfest at Hardy Dam next weekend? What town is it near? Any motels around? Can anyone come? Is there a website for it?
Steve

Unchained
09-02-2002, 07:53 AM
Olds 403, The meet will be based at Brower park. North of Grand Rapids about 35 miles on the 131 expressway to the Morley/Stanwood exit, west 1/2 mile to old state road, left to Brower park. The nearest city is Big Rapids. Should be plenty of hotels there or you can camp at Brower. I'm sure anyone can show up at the Hot Boat meet, they're all a pretty friendly group :cool: . The web site for Michigan Hot Boats is http://www.michigan***boats.com/
See you there.

gotdamp
09-02-2002, 08:22 PM
I'm not exactly in the same category as you, but I run with the family on the Illinois between Hennepin and the Kankakee River in my BBF powered CV-23 jet. The Illinois is a great boating river. We like the stretch between Starved Rock and Peoria with 60+ miles of open water without a lock or dam. We plan on spending many weekends out there next summer.

COUGARMAN
09-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Where you located Clown? I boat on the Illinois and I would love to meet up with ya. We hang out south of the Mackinaw.
COUGARMAN

not guilty
09-05-2002, 09:30 AM
Hey Cougerman, been looking for ya this summer, what color is youre couger (and its an outboard right ?) we bought a new bought in july this year its a 27 ft mach-1 w/ twin BBF , its white with a black sttripe on sides and hood , has a big trans-am bird on hood . need to hook up and say hey before summers out. NG

Lake_x
09-05-2002, 06:57 PM
Hey Clown
Lake Shelbyville is the Illinois HOT SPOT
MINI Lake of the Ozarks

Clown
09-05-2002, 07:05 PM
Lake X Where is that located I've heard of shelbyville But isnt that lake for alot of old man fisherman guys ???

Lake_x
09-08-2002, 08:58 AM
Just 20 miles southeast of decatur
No it's not just a fishing lake it's a great pleasure lake,several no wake tie up coves to just kick back drink a cold one "COVE 5" & watch all the wild young crowd or get away from it all & relax
12,000 acre lake with an on water bar/resturant
"Skeeters" getting more Hot boats every year
lots of Fountains,Baha's,few sunsations & one 46'
Black Thunder & awsum cat.IT'S A REALLY BUSY LAKE ON WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS.
I'm buying a SR 24 HTM Monday.
Some couple from Illinois river come down on holiday's that have an HTM also. Not sure of their name.

73marquis
09-09-2002, 02:43 PM
hey clown, I run on the illinois river, I usually put in at big basin, it's a lot easier, you don't have to do deal with the jet skiers, or the jerks who don't know river ettiquette....I've got a 17ft jet, she's need paint but she was free.....marquis

Clown
09-09-2002, 02:51 PM
Dude you must no who i am then !!
I've got a green and yellow picklefork Don't go out much on the weekends anymore just tuning during the week.

73marquis
09-09-2002, 06:26 PM
sorry clown, don't remember anything like your boat....maybe you have seen mine, it's a faded dark blue, seats six, engine is covered..usually I don't hit the river to around the weekend......

Clown
09-10-2002, 12:52 PM
Do you have nitrous on it?
or do you hang by the sand bar?
Is that big guy with a red & Black jet boat still go out their, I think he worked for a village out that way. He had nitruos on his and i spanked him bad!

73marquis
09-10-2002, 01:32 PM
No nitrous, just a 455 olds with a single carb.....I think I saw the boat(red an black) california style that you are talking about...I hang out at the sandbar and check out the sites... only seen a few other jets out there...

Clown
09-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Does it still get crazey out their with the off shore
boats on the weakend? Thats another reason I dont go out on the weakends! Their used to be a kid and his dad that lived directley Across from the sand bar
They were putting a blower on a jet boat, I think it was blue in color , Wondering if maybe he's still their

HPjunkie
09-11-2002, 07:23 PM
I've been to the Illinois river only once. We put in at starved rock state park and went south a ways but I dont remember any sand bars. I do remember dirt bikes climbing these huge piles of dirt or something. How many miles to Peoria? Any good bars or Restaraunts? Greg

gotdamp
09-11-2002, 08:15 PM
HPjunkie:
I've been to the Illinois river only once. We put in at starved rock state park and went south a ways but I dont remember any sand bars. I do remember dirt bikes climbing these huge piles of dirt or something. How many miles to Peoria? Any good bars or Restaraunts? GregI think the sandbar referred to is up the Kankakee from the Des Plaines (the junction is the start of the Illinois). To go north from Starved Rock launch (Utica) you have to travel through the locks. Or you can go south to Peoria which is at least 60 miles with out a lock. Great beaches in that direction if water is not to high. Just about each town along the way has a marina/bar/restaurant on the river.