PDA

View Full Version : WisconSIN boat drags??

Blown 472
01-03-2003, 09:25 AM
I have been thinking about this for awhile?? anyone have any idea for a lake that we could put something like this on?? I can think of anything around me that does not have a million boats on.

Her454
01-03-2003, 09:53 AM
got the CFW fever all the way in Wisconsin hu? :D

Blown 472
01-03-2003, 09:56 AM
I have had it since I followed the drags up and down cal. And seeing all that kick ass hardware makes it that much worse. :rolleyes:

Backtanner
01-03-2003, 10:20 AM
North,South, or does it matter?

P-Money
01-03-2003, 10:29 AM
I may be a little biased, but I think Beloit has a pretty nice setup for drags. There's a stretch on the Rock that has a park on one side and Beloit Memorial HS on the other that would allow people to watch the races. This part of the river is also between 2 bridges (one which you can't go south of) so that would take care of traffic from boats passing by and there is one boat ramp right at this spot and another 1/2 mile north that would provide plenty of room for pits. There's a "boat club" in town, but they have no interest, too bad the City is in piss poor shape right now otherwise they could sponsor it or work with a club like Ottawa does. I guess we'll all have to wait for FireWater! :D

Blown 472
01-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Well that sucks, what is fire water??

Backtanner
01-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Thurs drags at Blarney's just across the border depending where in WI you're at.

Blown 472
01-03-2003, 11:29 AM
That is about a three hour hike for me and due to the fact I have not won the lottery I have to put my time in for the man. Do they ever do anything on the weekend??

P-Money
01-03-2003, 12:08 PM
FireWater is held on Lake Koshkonong at the end of the summer every year. Its sponsored by Baker Marine Support and is supposed to be a weekend long event, but all I've ever been to are the radar runs they hold on the last day here in WI. There's some info and pics at Baker Marines web site, I think its www.scaryfast.com (http://www.scaryfast.com) or something like that. Its an alright time, its not side-by-side racing, but there are some fast boats there (mainly outboards). Besides that, I think everyone in WI is basically screwed unless someone knows something I don't. A few years back we contated the SLDBA to see if they wanted to hold an event on WI, but they too were not interested. Blarneys Island is a good time if you live right by there. Thats the place to be around northern IL/southern WI if you feel like pulling a boat down there. This coming summer we may take out boats there towards the beginning of the race season and see how we do. Its about an hour and a half haul for us which I won't be doing every week.
[ January 03, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: P-Money ]

kphayes
01-04-2003, 11:08 AM
The Chain is our regular boating area and your right, the drags on Thurs. @ Blarney's are fun.
Hopefully Firewater will be better than last year. We went up for it on Sat. and it was blown out. No races.(on Sat. anyways) we still had a good time and my wife walked away w/about 150-175 bucks for a makeshift bikini contest they had on a pontoon boat.
[ January 04, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: kphayes ]

76sanger
01-15-2003, 08:10 PM
we boat up on shawano lake in shawano, wis. its about an hour drive for flattie and i. theres another 6-8 boats up there. im sure a few of us would show up if you guys got a place set up for some drags or radar runs. were always looking for new places to boat. even up for a few hour drive and an overnight stay. keep us posted.
flattie and i went to blarney 2 summers ago.
man did we have fun.... lots of drinking and dancing, and to top it all off they had boat races too :D . what more can a guy ask for? hopefully we can make a trip to blarney again this summer (no boats tho... to damn crowded)

wowchad
01-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Hey 76 ever do Castle Rock?
Myself and another guy, Olds403 go there alot, he's got a place up there.
It's a blast and last year Olds threw together a homebrew radar run.
Keep watching BANDERLOG.COM for spring time updates!

76sanger
01-17-2003, 06:59 PM
wowchad:
Hey 76 ever do Castle Rock?
Myself and another guy, Olds403 go there alot, he's got a place up there.
It's a blast and last year Olds threw together a homebrew radar run.
Keep watching BANDERLOG.COM for spring time updates! no ive never been to castle rock. but last year flattie,myself and a few guys from shawano lake were supposed to go. weather didnt allow us to go and then it was to late in the season. lets hope this year we can get together and all meet out there. im sure we can get a few of our boats out that direction.

Clown
01-25-2003, 07:04 PM
OOps