PDA

View Full Version : Smithville Lake

pebrown2
09-24-2003, 11:49 AM
I hear about The Lake of the Ozarks, Table Rock, Texoma, so on and so forth. All great Lakes. I live in St. Joseph MO. Our family has been going to Smithville Lake for a number of years and have a great time! It's located in between St. Joe and Kansas City,MO. The water is deep and clean. The water temp. remained more or less cool throughout the HOT summer we had. We've met a lot of great people there, even spent sometime with a group of people watching a KC Chiefs game one weekend. I own a '78 Sleekcraft Executive which is perfect for that Lake. For people who haven't gone there, you ought to try it. If you break down there's always somebody to help you.

fasbote
09-24-2003, 12:56 PM
I too have boated many times at Smithville Lake. We have not been up there this year at all because I got tired of being beat to death. I find the water between the bridges to be almost as rough as the Lake of the Ozarks on the weekends and rarely can find water smooth enough to enjoy a speed run in my 22 Daytona without having the cooler tossed all about the cockpit. The last time I went north of the bridge it cost $1500:00 dollars to install a new propshaft and prop after hitting underwater trees. You want a nice place to boat....go to Lake Stockton.

Jake W
09-24-2003, 08:13 PM
If you go to Lake of the Ozarkes boat around the 79 mile marker and up most week ends are smooth nice water .The week ends not good for smooth water are Memorial day 4 of July and Laborday.The rest of the season is great.There is even a few coves that are sucluded fron the main chanel.
Jake :D

pebrown2
09-25-2003, 03:58 AM
Aaaaaah, yes. The trees. I guess I've been lucky at Smithville Lake. No damage yet. I keep to the middle of the channel going north of "W" bridge. I've heard alot of stories about loosing units and props out there. It's worse when the lake level is high. The tops of the trees are just under the surface. I hate the main lake as well. Rough as cob out there on weekends. I don't blame you being leary of the Lake.

kc***boat
09-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Spent years going to Smithville when I was not at the Ozarks. I now go Perry in Ks alot more fun than Smithville. Between the waterpatrol and the owner of the Little Platte marina no longer go.