PDA

View Full Version : What the hell...........

superV
07-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Only 14 post in the midwest this is making us look bad lets get this party started. My name is Josh and i own a hot boat.........

burbanite
07-25-2002, 12:34 PM
If you live in Indy like me it is difficult to know if you are in the midwest or the mideast :D

superV
07-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Ya i know what you mean im in St.Louis gate way to the West... Hum looks east on the map to me. Lets go Boating in ill.
Shelbyville i hear is nice?

Whatboat
07-25-2002, 01:13 PM
If MO. is the midwest what does that make WI.
Hi guys, I own a boat but its not hot.

P-Money
07-25-2002, 01:37 PM
I tried to get the party started by seeing who was gonna be at Firewater, but I got shut down! Anyone around the WI/IL border and own a V-Drive? They seem to be rare around these parts!

Screaming Pete
07-25-2002, 01:54 PM
superV:
Only 14 post in the midwest this is making us look bad lets get this party started. My name is Josh and i own a hot boat.........If All you Newbies can't get your midwest party started you can come back over to the west coast anytime
:p

Stupid Fast
07-25-2002, 05:20 PM
burbanite:
If you live in Indy like me it is difficult to know if you are in the midwest or the mideast :D What about me? Im in Ohio. I guess I could go both ways eek! .

27mtrcougar
07-25-2002, 06:15 PM
Im from St Louis. Hey super v where do u boat and what kind of ride do you have. I go to the ozarks,kincaid lake, mark twain lake sometimes the river.Going to lake powell in september cant wait.

Mn Howard Cat
07-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Hay SuperV I'm redy to party I mist ya on the July 4 weekend some friends and I are heding down to LOTO for laborday we sould tyr to hook up this time. :) :)

johnnybgoodman
07-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Hey Folks,
My name is Johnny, and I live in Oklahoma City, but the whole Lake of the Ozarks thing sounds good to me. My boat wont be in the water for another three weeks, (finishing a restoration on a 78 Rochelle Craft dayrunner.) I think Missouri, or Kansas, or Arkansas, (or OKC, you know; I-35,& I-40, & Rt. 66 all converge,..... center of the nation,... America's Heartland.....)would all be great spots to get together. The Dardenell Res. (Russellville, AK)is one of the prettiest lakes I've ever seen, and I would LOVE to hang out for a weekend. Keep talking about it, and lets get together in the "Mid West"
Johnny

beyondhelpin
07-25-2002, 08:59 PM
Johnnie
Isnt Dardenell fed by the Arkansas River. I know the river runs right beside it. I have seen it many times but never have been in it. I will admit it looks good from the road. Maybe the nuclear power plant there is responsible! LOL If you are looking for a lake in Arkansas try Beaver. Last year at an island we were sitting in 15' of water and could see every little rock and pebble on the bottom.

Thunderbutt
07-26-2002, 05:26 AM
I'm at the Lake of the Ozarks with a very hot 20 foot Spectra V-Drive. Besides being hot it is also very noisy and the water patrol are always hassling me. I'm from Mo (Fenton) but lived in Ca for years and never had any problems with the noise. Come down to the Shootout

superV
07-26-2002, 06:01 AM
Hey all now were geting somewhere. What do you think about a Midwest Hot Boat Gathering for the shoot out at LOTO. I live in Ofallon Mo.. Going out to the river this weekend of HWY C and Mid Rivers and HWY 70. Be out on Sunday anyone up for a run?

superV
07-26-2002, 06:04 AM
Thunderbutt:
I'm at the Lake of the Ozarks with a very hot 20 foot Spectra V-Drive. Besides being hot it is also very noisy and the water patrol are always hassling me. I'm from Mo (Fenton) but lived in Ca for years and never had any problems with the noise. Come down to the ShootoutI to am from SOCal what part are you from. LIver of 21 for many years. Lets Party!

27mtrcougar
07-26-2002, 06:35 AM
Hey superv were pretty close I live in st.charles off hwy 94.Hwy c at mid rivers,would that be two branch marina or johns i use to put in their a few years ago i had a 20'seebold tunnel.I gota work both days this weekend it sucks.But I hope to make down for the shootout at LOTO.Do you ever go to the shootout on the mississippi i think its the weekend before the LOTO shootout.
[ August 14, 2002, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: 27mtrcougar ]

superV
07-26-2002, 07:40 AM
That would be Two Branch. LOTO sounds good. No i have not yet been to the river shoot out but would love to this yr.What type of work do you do? Im in QA. Maybe we could hook up before lake of the O. I go to the river all the time. If you would like i could pick you up at two brance after work for a couple beers at kinders,ill be on the water till about 8pm or so, just a thought let me know.

Thunderbutt
07-26-2002, 12:16 PM
SuperV, I lived in Agura in so Ca and in Napa in northern Ca. In So.Ca. we use to go to the river and Havasu, and local lakes,(Castaic, Pyramid) in No Ca. we had a mobil home on Lake Berryessa and went to the Delta's at times. Lets get togeather during the week of the Shootout.

460aquajet
07-26-2002, 03:41 PM
Hey SuperV, Austin Texas don't know where we fit in this West coast, central stuff. Jet boat to Jet boat all ya'alls family no matter which coast. Lake Austin, Lake Travis, Lake Marble Falls, Lake LBJ, Lake Buchanan, Lake Belton. In the middle of restoring a 1977 18' Aquajet w/460 Ford. Probably won't be finished until early next year, but ready for next spring. Hope to see some of ya'all on the Lake soon.

Infomaniac
07-27-2002, 08:49 AM
johnnybgoodman:
Hey Folks,
My name is Johnny, and I live in Oklahoma City, but the whole Lake of the Ozarks thing sounds good to me. My boat wont be in the water for another three weeks, (finishing a restoration on a 78 Rochelle Craft dayrunner.) I think Missouri, or Kansas, or Arkansas, (or OKC, you know; I-35,& I-40, & Rt. 66 all converge,..... center of the nation,... America's Heartland.....)would all be great spots to get together. The Dardenell Res. (Russellville, AK)is one of the prettiest lakes I've ever seen, and I would LOVE to hang out for a weekend. Keep talking about it, and lets get together in the "Mid West"
JohnnyWent to Dardenell about 9 years ago with a blown jet boat. Got ran off by the lake patrol. Put in around knoxville and was hanging out at Rocky point. He said it was too loud. I said OK lets have the ticket. He said I give you a ticket and you continue boating? I said yep let's have it. He said this is a Federal Waterway. My passenger gave in and we put it on the trailer, with no ticket.
It is a very nice lake. You should come up to Tulsa.

johnnybgoodman
07-27-2002, 12:38 PM
Infomaniac,
Sorry to hear that! I was hoping to take the boat to the same spot, there in Russleville, but I dont think I'll bother now. I'll be coming up to Tenkiller in a few weeks. This weekend, it'll be Shawnee Lake to help a buddy with his 78 Taylor SJ. (I want a Taylor SS, just because I play a Taylor guitar!) Next weekend the races will ba at Lake Overholster, here in OKC. I can only make it to the Sunday races, but you can bet I won't miss them. You should try to come down if you have the time. Bring you're boat, mine's not done, and I'll bring the beer. You pick the flavor. :D
Johnny

johnnybgoodman
07-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Has anyone got any details for the LOTO Shootout?
Dates? Times? Area? Maps? Lodging? Restaurants? Bars?, etc....? I think a Hot Boat Gathering there is a good idea, and I'd be happy to participate, or help in any way. SuperV? Thundrbutt? Maniac? There are just a few weeks left.
Johnny

Infomaniac
07-27-2002, 03:06 PM
johnnybgoodman:
Infomaniac,
Sorry to hear that! I was hoping to take the boat to the same spot, there in Russleville, but I dont think I'll bother now. I'll be coming up to Tenkiller in a few weeks. This weekend, it'll be Shawnee Lake to help a buddy with his 78 Taylor SJ. (I want a Taylor SS, just because I play a Taylor guitar!) Next weekend the races will ba at Lake Overholster, here in OKC. I can only make it to the Sunday races, but you can bet I won't miss them. You should try to come down if you have the time. Bring you're boat, mine's not done, and I'll bring the beer. You pick the flavor. :D
JohnnyI have plenty of friends that are going to the drags in OKC. I do not take my boat. I would have to spend about 1K to make it legal. It is safe for the lake but not legal to race. I plan to go to Thunderbird in a week or 2. I am going to meet up with Blown Cheyenne Hydro. (Triple X TX)Maybe we can all met together.

johnnybgoodman
07-27-2002, 08:46 PM
Hey Maniac, sounds cool. Mostly I go to Dirtybird to camp, and Draper to boat.(Draper is not as rough, and has plenty of coves. You're not supposed to swim, its a resevouir(sp), but you can ski and tube. I guess if you fall they expect you to sink! LOL! It's OK to park you're truck in the lake, just not you're kiester! LOL! There is no law against falling overboard though, so we have fun anyhow. I haven't been out in two yrs. No boat. My boat wont be ready untill the week of Aug, but I'd love to get together with you folks and have a few brews! I'll have my wife, at least one 11 yr. old girl, (maybe two!), and black labradog. I think I can get a boat with enough notice. Let me know when you're coming down. See you soon. :p
Johnny

Sangster
08-01-2002, 03:35 AM
Thunderbutt:
SuperV, I lived in Agura in so Ca and in Napa in northern Ca. In So.Ca. we use to go to the river and Havasu, and local lakes,(Castaic, Pyramid) in No Ca. we had a mobil home on Lake Berryessa and went to the Delta's at times. Lets get togeather during the week of the Shootout.If you guy's are having a problem getting it together back there, hookup with Thunderbutt..He's from out here in No.California
where people know how to have a good time...

Sea Esta
08-13-2002, 04:27 AM
Is the shootout on the river the one up by Quincy? I was under the impression they weren't having it this year. They canceled it last year. Were in St Peters, so heading up the Ol' Miss is a couple of miles. Normally were at the lake just about every weekend.
You know there is a big gathering up in Louisiana, Labor day weekend, where they close the marina and it's a big Mardi Gras style party all weekend. :)