PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Atkinson August 16th?

flattie
08-04-2003, 05:12 AM
Anyone have the info for time, place ect. On the Ft. Atkinson races by Madison?
Rick

KAPTAIN KIRK
08-04-2003, 10:01 AM
posted July 29, 2003 10:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TeamSunset
Southern Wisconsin's Lake Koshkonong Speed Runs & Bikini Bash... Sat. Aug. 16th!!!
The 8th Annual "King of the Lake" Speed Runs and Bikini Contest (formerly under the FireWater tag) is scheduled for Saturday August 16th with a rain date of Sunday the 17th. (The weekend after the Rumble) The 1000Ft. radar speed strip, along with being able to purchase multiple sets of 3-run passes throughout the event, no set time frame for individual classes (simply stage whn ready), makes this competition a tuners dream. Classes for outboard set-ups include; Recreational & Modified recreational, V-4s & Vintage Inlines, Stock 2.5s, Mod-2.5s, Drag motors, & Open fuels. Full interior sport boats & Drag hull class breakdowns. Also inboard classes available for various engine / fuel system / drive configurations. Some of the past outboard class champions include John Lentzkow, Bill Gohr, Chap Waters, Jeff Cleinmark, Rich Srnec, ...and more FFFAAASSSTTT!!! ---------Time schedule---- Tech: 10:00-12:30PM Registration Open: 10:00-3:00PM Drivers Meeting: 12:45PM Speed Runs: 1:00-4:00PM. (Cash & Trophys in all classes). Event to be followed by Bazzoli's Bikini Bash Contest.... Last years OFFICIAL CONTEST (on Sunday rain date) purse of $1500.00 paid eight places... IT WAS ALLGOOD!!! ------------Motels: Holiday Inn (Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin) (920) 563-3600 Comfort Inn (Newville, Wisconsin) (608) 884-2118. For any other info, you may contact Tom at SUNSET TAVERN (920) 563-5702 OR teamsunset@charter.net. Thanks for you interest!

TeamSunset
08-05-2003, 04:07 PM
flattie- Sunset Tavern & the Lake Koshkonong 2003 Speed Runs welcome you and friends from the north. The info posted by Kaptn'Kirk is correct. (Thanks Kirk!) We always welcome more inboards to our event. Outboard class descriptions are pretty much cut-n-dried... but the inboard classes, due to lots of different drive/intake/fuel/carburation configurations, will be set(as fair as possible) based upon entries that day. Pete "Scooby-Doo" Selvey will most likely be teching and classifing inboards this year. Lotsa good inboard competition... from entry level boats to some of the midwest's fastest. Quite a few Blarney Island inboards... Gary Frankowski, Dawn Singleton, Pete Selvey, etc... Try it, you'll dig it! If anything, the Bikini Contest, held after the speed runs, is worth the trip. We usually net a pretty sizable purse for the girls, which attracts some... well lets put it this way, Shellani Taarud of Playboy mag/video fame has already graced Sunset's stage. Yeah flattie, odds have it, you'll have fun! Tom- Sunset Tavern. eek!

DEL51
08-05-2003, 09:52 PM
I was told by one of Gov Doyle's reps that this may be the last run allowed.I sure hope not!I would not mind trying to achive max speed. Apparently the greens have an eye on this event.

kphayes
08-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Hey Tom-
You think you can keep your pier from getting destroyed this year? How many people were standing on that damn thing. I guess the contest on the boat wasn't such a good idea. I should of had my wife donate here winnings (from the make shift bikini contest on Sat.) to the bar for the pier. We'll see If she enters the real bikini contest this year. Hope to meet you when we come up.
Kyle
Here's a pic after everything got canceled for the day because of the wind. My wifes the one in the black/pink bikini.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49Dea_firewater3.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49Dea_firewater2.jpg

TeamSunset
08-06-2003, 09:48 PM
DEL51- Say it ain't so! ...tons of rumors regarding this body of water. We're lucky we can even float a boat on this mis-managed body of water, let alone try to operate a business on this lake. With the severe fluctuation in water levels, its a full-time job just adjusting the pier up & down. Low water, fish kills, high nitrate levels from run-off, a dam in need of repairs, three counties with divided views of the lake, etc... I think that the last of the state's worries, when it comes to this lake, is a boat regatta one day a year!!! I supose its just another easy target. There is so much industry & money in this state that it doesn't need tourism or events such as this ...YEAH RIGHT! (Sorry man, I'm done venting now) If you can dig anything up on this, please let me know the names so that I can pursue this, if in fact its true. THANKS KpHayes- I like your pics!!! The OFFICIAL BIKINI CONTEST last year on the Sunday rain date was Very-Very-Very-Very-GOOD! (wish I could post some pics) Hope you and your wife can make it this year for the race day events. Tom.

flattie
08-07-2003, 06:48 AM
Great pics! I'm So There next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

kphayes
08-09-2003, 05:59 AM
We'll be there next weekend. Hope to meet you all, look for my boat.(the one in my avatar)

TeamSunset
08-09-2003, 07:02 AM
KpHayes- with your boat, my Skater24, Scott R's Elim, Brad Z's Warlock, Dave's Motion w /triples... that's a least 5 twin or triple Merc boats that will be at Kosh! Maybe we add the multi-outboard class? Tom.

flattie
08-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Where do I launch at? and what city

P-Money
08-11-2003, 02:58 PM
We launch out on Blackhawk Island (?) It's basically a pennisula thats on the northeast side of the lake where the river runs into it. The ramp we put in at (the ramp furtherest west) is complete shit, but the fee is only $5 and its the closest ramp to the bar. I think the road to get out there is "River-something?" the name escapes me right now, but I'm sure TeamSunset knows. If you see my boat, or this one, stop by and have a beer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/540Dsc00802.jpg
[ August 11, 2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: P-Money ]

kphayes
08-11-2003, 04:05 PM
TeamSunset:
KpHayes- with your boat, my Skater24, Scott R's Elim, Brad Z's Warlock, Dave's Motion w /triples... that's a least 5 twin or triple Merc boats that will be at Kosh! Maybe we add the multi-outboard class? Tom. Tom-
Where's the best place to launch our size boats? Last year I launched at some place over by the freeway. It was on the east side of the bridge along the southern shoreline. It was a private launch for the campground and it really sucked. There is no way I could launch this boat there. Any help would be appreciated.
Kyle

TeamSunset
08-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Close to Sunset at the mouth of the river of Kosh, Riverfront Resort Bar on Blackhawk Island, (Blackhawk Island Road off the Hwy.26/106 intersection) can launch pretty much all size boats. I put my 24 Skater in without a problem. It might look like limited parking there, but they can really stuff'em in. NOTE: When entering the lake from the river, go well into the lake before making the right into the bay towards Sunset. On the south end of the lake you can launch at the Anhor Inn in Newville just off I-90... John that owns the joint is a really good guy. The launch gets a little washed out by this time of year late in August and might be hard to launch a high-bunk cat type trailer... Single axle shorter trailers are NoProblem. Please spend a buck at Anchor Inn... We use his land to park alot of boats and party across the lake... its only fair to spend money there..please do!!! Across the Bridge from Anchor, take a right by the club crow, follow Ellendale Road along the river to the DNR landing... i here that the launch there is good. Rock River Marina in Newville also has a launch, but its tight. Newville is approx. ten miles straight across the lake from Sunset... Race stuff should put-in at Blackhawk Island.

KAPTAIN KIRK
08-12-2003, 07:12 PM
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=294271

flattie
08-12-2003, 08:13 PM
Thanks CK! I will see you down there

kphayes
08-13-2003, 03:28 AM
Thanks Tom!

flattie
08-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Ha Ha! There will be Chaos at the bikini contest! I just found a couple hundred Marti Graw beads!

TeamSunset
08-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Beads work great... then let gravity take over! smile_sp smile_sp smile_sp

KAPTAIN KIRK
08-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey hayes will be leaving plainfield around 7:30 a.m. should put me in island lake by 8:30 to pick up my boat then will be going to Kosh from there.
What time do you plan on going?
K.K.
By the way ever check out screamandfly.com ???

DEL51
08-13-2003, 09:56 PM
TeamSunset:
DEL51- Say it ain't so! ...tons of rumors regarding this body of water. We're lucky we can even float a boat on this mis-managed body of water, let alone try to operate a business on this lake. With the severe fluctuation in water levels, its a full-time job just adjusting the pier up & down. Low water, fish kills, high nitrate levels from run-off, a dam in need of repairs, three counties with divided views of the lake, etc... I think that the last of the state's worries, when it comes to this lake, is a boat regatta one day a year!!! I supose its just another easy target. There is so much industry & money in this state that it doesn't need tourism or events such as this ...YEAH RIGHT! (Sorry man, I'm done venting now) If you can dig anything up on this, please let me know the names so that I can pursue this, if in fact its true. THANKS KpHayes- I like your pics!!! The OFFICIAL BIKINI CONTEST last year on the Sunday rain date was Very-Very-Very-Very-GOOD! (wish I could post some pics) Hope you and your wife can make it this year for the race day events. Tom. I sat in on a lt gov lawtons presentation when she was campaigining and the lake clean up deal was on her mind for wisconsin.

kphayes
08-14-2003, 04:27 PM
KAPTAIN KIRK:
Hey hayes will be leaving plainfield around 7:30 a.m. should put me in island lake by 8:30 to pick up my boat then will be going to Kosh from there.
What time do you plan on going?
K.K.
By the way ever check out screamandfly.com ??? I sent you a e-mail. Let's try to hook up for the drive up. I'll check back in here Fri. night.