PDA

View Full Version : ST. CROIX RIVER MN.AND WIS.

dvalmiller
07-18-2002, 07:11 AM
Anyone from st.paul-mpls mn. area on hot boat or am I the only one.

mud duck
07-18-2002, 08:08 AM
Yes, I am located in St. Louis Park. I boat locally on Minnetonka, the St. Croix, the Mississippi and the Minnesota.
I also have a cabin north of Grand Rapids on a chain of five lakes.
I believe there was another on these boards from the twin cities, but I don't remember their board name.
Where do you boat?

mud duck
07-18-2002, 08:24 AM
Look under "Bench Racers" for a topic called "Some newbie ?". This guy "Whole Lotta Nothin'" was from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

dvalmiller
07-18-2002, 08:34 AM
I boat most of the time on the st.croix and the miss. but I went up to mille lacs for the big bite.I see there is a NO WAKE on minnie

mud duck
07-18-2002, 09:39 AM
I didn't know all of Minnetonka is NO WAKE.
I sure see loads of wakes everywhere on that lake.
White Bear was a bees nest last Saturday. Everyone was water skiing and boating. Lots of wake on that lake.

dvalmiller
07-18-2002, 09:54 AM
The no wake is from the high water.The boat launch in hudson was closed on monday also from high water.

Mn Howard Cat
07-18-2002, 12:21 PM
Hay my wife and a cuppel of friends will be there bright eyed and smiling Saturday morning. I was goimg to pout in at WindMill at about 8:00am.
Are you sure that Minnetonka is no wake? wink wink

dvalmiller
07-18-2002, 02:10 PM
The local news reported no wake on the hole lake on 7/15/02

Mn Howard Cat
07-19-2002, 07:06 AM
The no wake on Minnetonka is 600' from shore so thats almost the hole lake. Is any one ells going on the poker run this Saturday? wink
[ July 19, 2002, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Mn Howard Cat ]

mud duck
07-19-2002, 07:19 AM
What poker run? Is it local?
Might be interested.

Mn Howard Cat
07-19-2002, 07:42 AM
Miss ST.Croix River poker run It starts at the south end of Kinnickinnic state park to Stillwater and ends at Treasure island. I know it's short but you don't have to go thew the dam. You might be able to still enter Saturday morning wink wink

Hydro-Thunder
07-19-2002, 08:08 AM
One more here from MN! I am in Crystal and run Minnetonka,St.croix but mainly up north this year.
Jesse

mud duck
07-19-2002, 09:11 AM
Wow! This sound like it was organizd by the cassino. Kind of funny, after the run you have to drive back down to Red Wing? Is there a purse involved? My boat is not that fast, when compared to what you can really do with a Cat or tunnel. I'd be a slow poke if there is a purse involved.
Sounds great though. I might want to watch.

Mn Howard Cat
07-19-2002, 12:32 PM
Jest remember it's not a race jest a groop of people geting to gether and haveing a good time.
It's not organized by the cassino it jest ends there with the entry fee you get a over night slip
so there trying to get you to stay and spend some money wink

mud duck
07-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Sounds cool! Now I am more interested.

MNLavey
08-07-2002, 07:56 PM
One more from MN! Live in Champlin, but do most of our boating on Gull Lake... We're going to Lake Kabetogama this weekend to freak out the fishermen!
Have a good weekend!!!!

mud duck
08-08-2002, 06:44 AM
Dvalmiller, I was out on the St. Croix last night between 6:00 and 10:00. The water was pretty calm over all and the whole evening was great. I saw a 21 or 23 foot day cruiser zipping by the marina just south of Sillwater, heading for the calmer waters up north. Seemed like a nice boat, and pretty quick too. When I pulled out at Hudson later, folks were asking me if I knew them. (You know all jet boaters know each other.)
Anyhow, had another wonderful time in your play ground. I'll be back again soon.

moomba
08-08-2002, 12:01 PM
I am from Champlin also. But my boat is "only" a slow skiboat. It the only white and purple skiboat in Champlin. Cant miss me. The Mississippi is very high in Champlin/Anoka. Too much current!

Mn Howard Cat
08-08-2002, 02:56 PM
Mud Duck
I must have jest missed you I got off the river about 5:00 to 5:30 after geting towed back to Afton. It was a beautiful day I called Robert about my bravo he can't get to it for a couple of weeks. Thanks
P.S. I'LL tell you about Vally Motor Sports some time when I see you on the river.

mud duck
08-08-2002, 03:52 PM
I saw a Fountain getting towed back up toward Stillwater. He was not a happy camper. There was also a big Sun Seeker type boat out there. Watched him take off north after the rotating RR bridge at Hudson. Those diesels were blowing lots of smoke, but it still moved out. I had fun in my little dingy in his waves.

MNLavey
08-14-2002, 09:06 PM
moomba:
I am from Champlin also. But my boat is "only" a slow skiboat. It the only white and purple skiboat in Champlin. Cant miss me. The Mississippi is very high in Champlin/Anoka. Too much current!Yeah, we biked down to the dam tonight and it is closed AGAIN, so they're probably trying to drain off as much water as possible above the dam... Good luck skiing!!!

cmate
08-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Hey hows it going got another one from minnesota. im from eden prairie.i boat mainly up on the whitefish chain but i go out on minnetonka sometimes to but the speed limit sucks but i do miss big island.i have a checkmate 251 convincor 454 365hp runs low 60's named public nuesance i think i spelled that right but any way maybe we can hookup somtime on the river or somthing
later
[ August 23, 2002, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: cmate ]

mud duck
08-27-2002, 07:31 AM
What is the current speed limit on Minnetonka this year?
Several years ago a DNR dude inspecting trailers told me the limit was 55 mph. Has that changed?
I'm going out tomorrow evening after work with some friends and I don't want any troubles.

cmate
08-27-2002, 10:09 AM
Hey mudduck the speed limit is 40mph during the day and 20 mph at night

mud duck
08-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Man, that sucks. We will not be on the water until 5:30 or 6:00 so I guess it is 20 mph. Not much fun.

KAPTAIN KIRK
08-27-2002, 09:41 PM
I am from Illinois but I will be up on the Eagle River soon...sept.13th====15th for nickfest if thats close for anybody ??
K.K.

mud duck
08-29-2002, 12:42 PM
The cops got me last night on Minnetonka. He checked everything; the extinguisher had to be charged, the life jackets had to be counted, the lights & horn had to be checked. I was not a happy camper. He finally ticketed me for no throwable, and gave me a warning on speed.
I wont be going back there anytime soon. I'll stick to the rivers, or the lakes up north.

Mn Howard Cat
09-03-2002, 06:18 PM
Mud Duck
Sorry to here that do you know the cops name I have a couple of friend that are cop out there. They must have been bord or somthing. :mad: :mad:

mud duck
09-04-2002, 01:05 PM
I think his name was "Dick Head".
It could have been worse, and he was really only doing his job. If I were in his shoes I would get very tired of screwing up people's day. But there are times when I would want that guy's assistance ASAP too. You've got to play by the rules. Thank God we were not drinking.
Hey MnHowardCat, Did you get set up with Robert yet?

MNLavey
09-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Yeah, we got the fifth degree a few weeks ago up on Gull... We were parked, swimming and he came up and did the whole life jacket/extinguisher/throwable routine... He was pretty nice, but I just don't think they should be able to hassle you without a reason...
On another note, my dad belongs to GALA (Gull Area Lakes ASSociation) and in the latest newsletter, they talked about boat noise being the number one complaint from land owners. The president of GALA talked in his editorial about going to Congress to get some new boat noise laws passed!!! Any thoughts on how to fight this one???
Only a couple weeks left of good boating, get out there and burn up some gas while you can!!!!!
Mike

Mn Howard Cat
09-11-2002, 06:51 PM
mud duck:
I think his name was "Dick Head".
It could have been worse, and he was really only doing his job. If I were in his shoes I would get very tired of screwing up people's day. But there are times when I would want that guy's assistance ASAP too. You've got to play by the rules. Thank God we were not drinking.
Hey MnHowardCat, Did you get set up with Robert yet?My prop shaft still has not come in yet I don't know what the problem is if they had to make some or what. I was hoping I might get it for the weekend It's not Roberts fault it Imco I can't get upset it will get here sooner or later I hope. wink