PDA

View Full Version : question about blarney island

dallas
07-22-2002, 06:54 AM
i have never been to the races but i want to. am i better bringing my boat 26 daytona or watching from land. is it a big lake is there a certain day to go any events thanks

Blown509Liberator
07-22-2002, 08:22 AM
The races are held ever Thursday between memorial day and labor day. When I go I just take the boat and anchor right off the course and watch from there . there is nowhere on land to watch from. Getting on the island you will need to take the Blarney barge. I think they take Slip reservations now

dorC
07-22-2002, 09:44 AM
Don't take your cat unless you mind digging some mud. I'm pretty sure you have to pay for a slip, but eye candy is always appreciated and there are a bunch of gaukers. An alternative solution would be to take the ferry over. It's something like $6 and makes regular trips.

Grants442
07-22-2002, 02:39 PM
Isnt that on Grass Lake?Im from K-town,and I've heard bits and pieces on that...

flattie
07-23-2002, 09:13 AM
anyone going to Blarney Island this Thurs night 7-25-02
wanna hook up and have a cold one?????

kphayes
07-23-2002, 10:51 AM
My wife and I try to make out every Thursday. We will be out there this Thursday (7/25) providing it doesn't rain. We have a 19' Nordic Tunnel. (Red & White) As far as docking goes, as long as you are out there by 4:00pm you can find free dock space on the back left hand side. Otherwise you can pay for a slip for the night without reservations. (most of the time) If anyone sees us give us a shout.
Kyle