PDA

View Full Version : Land at Table Rock Lake

Outnumbered
09-03-2003, 01:34 PM
A client of mine has two lots on Table Rock in the Shell Knob area he wants to sell to me. They are on a peninsula right off of YY hwy. I was thinking investment. I have never been there but would consider buying them for retirement or just to hang onto. Looks like a nice area. Any opinions on this lake and the neighborhood?
They are sloping lots side by side, one lot back from waterfront. About 105' X 125' ea. There is a street below the lots and across the street are another row of lots that front to the water. Killer views from the lots and docks are nearby apparently. He said you can't build on the waterfront lots due to water level fluctuations. So this is like being waterfront. Is that true? He wants $25k ea and will cary the note if I want.
What do you locals say about this deal. Is it worth taking a trip out to check out?
Thanks in advance,
OL

buck183
09-03-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't know about the location. (don't know the lake well enought to say) But I can say that the lake as a whole is as beautiful as any in our country. My parents used to take me there as a child. Fond memories of the lake. The area is growing constantly. Actually, we are in the area that is ranked #1 for economic growth in the nation. The amount of construction and building going on right now is unreal. The number of companies coming into the area because of Wal Mart is astronomical right now. This may all help in your decision.
Good luck.
Buck

RandyH
09-03-2003, 06:11 PM
We where just down in July to the Shell Knob area for the LBBA roost and we really like that lake very much. That is on the far end of the quite side of the lake and its about 45 miles by water to the dam and east side of the lake.
The water was 85 degrees and very clean. A freind of mine has a home off of point 5 and purchased it in the mid 80s and its went up in value 3 times what he has in it. Make sure you can get slips with your lots. My buddy bought 2 lots and got 4 slips with it. Very hard to get new slips with the Corp of Engineers.
Also the shore line is public property and anybody can access the shore line. You cant build so many feet from the water I was told. The lake level changes very little. Also they watch very closely if people cut trees down. The corp permits tree cuts and its difficult to thin out the trees on the lots. Good luck,
Randy H

dr. margarita
09-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey Old Lavey, A senior business partner of mine is an architect and has his license in Missouri. He just went through the process of buying land and building a custom home on the lake. I'm sure he can provide you with lots of info. Email me if your interested. DM

Duane HTP
09-03-2003, 07:20 PM
I am pretty familar with that area of Table Rock. Off of YY could cover a lot of ground. If it's off to the south, it's on a very busy part of the lake, but beautiful. If it's off to the north, it might be better property as far as nice skiing water goes. I would say that sounds a little high for a lot down there unless it is a gentle walk down to the water. One thing you want to check for sure, is the water depth in the area. I had my heart set on a place on the Kings River that someone else beat me to. Two years later when the water was down a little I was going to go over and look at it again by boat. But, I couldn't because there was no water even close to it. The cove where I have my house now is 65 feet deep and very clear water. Click http://www.classiccountryloghomes.com/images/p0000122.jpg to see it. Property usually is a pretty good investment there. I paid $9500.00 for this lot in 1985 and was offered over $35000.00 before I built on it in 1997. Beats the hell out of the stock markets!! Duane HTP

Duane HTP
09-03-2003, 07:24 PM
One other thing. Check with a local water well driller in the area to find out what kind of water you can get from a well there. Some areas have great water and some have rotton egg smelling sulphur water. VERY important. Duane HTP

Outnumbered
09-04-2003, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the info everyone.
Beautiful house Duane, what lake are you on?
No one really noted it to be a screaming deal. I think I would only do it if it was a steal. With Cali prices thru the roof, when I hear about lake property for that cheap, it just seems too good to be true. I guess there is just a lot more of it out your way. Pretty rare out here.
Anybody have any suggestions on nice lakes to buy property on that are still reasonable and are nice?
Thanks again.
OL

Duane HTP
09-04-2003, 01:03 PM
It's on Table Rock Lake. I bought some other lots two years ago for around $13,000.00 ea. They are walk down too, only on a much better part of the lake. Yeah, when you guys had the last big earthquake out there several years ago, Table Rock property just about sold out to Californians.
It's a great place to retire. I just need to retire, but I love the boat business too much.
Duane HTP

Outnumbered
09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Duane HTP:
It's on Table Rock Lake. I bought some other lots two years ago for around $13,000.00 ea. They are walk down too, only on a much better part of the lake. Yeah, when you guys had the last big earthquake out there several years ago, Table Rock property just about sold out to Californians.
It's a great place to retire. I just need to retire, but I love the boat business too much.
Duane HTP These lots are on the south side of YY about 1/2 way out on the peninsula. What makes your area better? Nicer homes? Less traffic? Just curious.
Thanks

Duane HTP
09-04-2003, 04:40 PM
There are 4 main areas of Table Rock.
1. The blue Arm - Not very big and south of the dam where all the cigarette boats hang out, (rough water). Over 100 feet deep.
2. The James Arm - This is where Springfield dumps all of their sewage - need I say more?
3. The Kings arm - Nice area about mid way back west by Viola. All of the run off water from the Arkansas Chicken ranches goes there when it rains. Muddy water, then clears up in about 4 days. Lot of shallow areas, but beautiful.
4. The White Arm - AAAh! The water comes from either Bever Dam,. (very clean lake), or from the Roaring River which brings all of the spring water in from the springs at Roaring River State Park. Drinking water from our well there does not even test any hardness and tastes fresh. It's in Barry County where the taxes are a lot less. All of the other areas are in Stone or Kaney counties. Sparsely populated compared to the other areas.
I've had a cabin of some kind for over 25 years there, so you kind of get to know the place.
Sometimes the grandkids ski until noon and we see maybe only 8 to 10 other boats in that time. Also good marinas in the area. Eagle Rock and Big M. However, Campbell Point Marina is in the area you're talking about and it's a good one too.

AzDon
09-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Where is Table Rock Lake?

pgf127rt
09-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Don, it is in the Branson, Missouri area.

Outnumbered
09-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Duane HTP:
There are 4 main areas of Table Rock.
1. The blue Arm - Not very big and south of the dam where all the cigarette boats hang out, (rough water). Over 100 feet deep.
2. The James Arm - This is where Springfield dumps all of their sewage - need I say more?
3. The Kings arm - Nice area about mid way back west by Viola. All of the run off water from the Arkansas Chicken ranches goes there when it rains. Muddy water, then clears up in about 4 days. Lot of shallow areas, but beautiful.
4. The White Arm - AAAh! The water comes from either Bever Dam,. (very clean lake), or from the Roaring River which brings all of the spring water in from the springs at Roaring River State Park. Drinking water from our well there does not even test any hardness and tastes fresh. It's in Barry County where the taxes are a lot less. All of the other areas are in Stone or Kaney counties. Sparsely populated compared to the other areas.
I've had a cabin of some kind for over 25 years there, so you kind of get to know the place.
Sometimes the grandkids ski until noon and we see maybe only 8 to 10 other boats in that time. Also good marinas in the area. Eagle Rock and Big M. However, Campbell Point Marina is in the area you're talking about and it's a good one too. Thanks Duane. Where would the property I am looking at classify?
OL

Duane HTP
09-09-2003, 06:30 PM
It would be in the Shell Knob area close to Highway 39.

Outnumbered
09-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Duane HTP:
It would be in the Shell Knob area close to Highway 39. I was refering to your 4-Arms classification. Which arm is it in?
Thanks
OL

Duane HTP
09-10-2003, 06:38 PM
It would be on the main lake about mid way between the James and the Kings.

D-BO
09-15-2003, 04:07 PM
If you can get it for the right price it would be worth it. We've got quite a bit of land there, every year it's worth more and more. Land down there is so hard to get a hold of. I've been going down there for 24 years and you guys are right, you won't find any prettier land.