PDA

View Full Version : Whats up Texas!!!!!!!

Greaser
07-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Hey, I'm new here, and was wondering how many people were here from Texas. I just bought a 18' 75' Southwind jet, so be lookin for me to tear up some of these Texas lakes :D I live about 15 miles from lake Sommerville, so Ill mostly be there. Lookin forward to meeting some other jetters in my area, so feel free to say hi :)

Jetty 468
07-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Greaser:
Hey, I'm new here, and was wondering how many people were here from Texas. I just bought a 18' 75' Southwind jet, so be lookin for me to tear up some of these Texas lakes :D I live about 15 miles from lake Sommerville, so Ill mostly be there. Lookin forward to meeting some other jetters in my area, so feel free to say hi :) New from where ? Here in West Tx ,Caldwell is where ?

460rogers
07-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Hi greaser,there are a few jets in Bryan who like to spend weekends at lake sommerville.Some still run chevys(they'll never learn).My boat is stillll not ready yet.Hope to be ready in sept at latest.It depends on how long it takes me to build new seats and get em covered. :cool:

Greaser
07-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Hey jetty, Caldwell is about 30 miles from Bryan/College Station.
460 rogers, which park do the guys from Bryan usually launch from?

Rocket2003
07-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Well, I ain't got a sucker boat! (strap on)
But always love to party with you boyz. I'm up in North East Texas (Tyler).
Make sure you guys come to the SDBA race's in Bryan September 13th & 14th! You will see the fastest Boats on water!
Plus there is some damn fast Jetties!
[ July 06, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Rocket2003 ]

Jim Hall
07-07-2003, 05:47 AM
Good to hear from another Texas Jetter. I'm down in Houston but occasionally go to Sommerville. Let us know next time you go and we'll try and meet you. We have 18' Avenger 460 Ford.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Look for this rig on Sommerville. If you see me come by and say hi. We hang out at Pecan Lake. We always have cold beer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/523***boat-med.jpg oh by the way. the boat now has ot headers and a gray interior.
Omega

Greaser
07-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Hi Omega and Jim, Ive seen your boat at Pecan before (omegas) It really caught my eye. Im "hopeing" to have my boat ready by this weekend. I have a 18' Southwind, silver and white, w/ silver interior. If I get it ready, Ill let ya know :D , Maybe we can all meet up :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-07-2003, 09:07 AM
Greaser,
when did you see it? Was it memorial day weekend. Next time feel free to stop by and say hi. For some reason everybody looks buy nobody ever says anything. I love to talk about my boat.
Omega

Greaser
07-07-2003, 09:16 AM
I think it was memorial day, but Im not sure. Im out at the lake almost every weekend, since its basically around the corner. I will usually go from welch to pecan, where ever the better party is :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-07-2003, 10:30 AM
well we haven't been out since. Blew an intake gasket. got drunk and forgot to pull up anchor(chipped the paint on back of transom) anyhow tore anchor off. gas pedal broke loose from floor. Girlfriend accidentally turned on bilge pump and burned it up. Found out gas tank has a leak in it so I tore it out and am in process of repairing it and building new interior. I know I know perfect timing right. Hope to be out there in a couple weeks tops. Look for me and I'll keep an eye for a southwind....
Omega

Greaser
07-08-2003, 09:04 AM
Sounds like you didnt have too good of a weekend. But, Ill keep an eye out for ya. Hopefully we can get together and talk about boats, and drink some beer :D

Movin Violation
07-08-2003, 11:07 AM
IS this just a jet boat party or can a Baja Outlaw join in? I've been a Somerville regular for more years than I'd like to remember.
[ July 08, 2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Movin Violation ]

Greaser
07-09-2003, 09:01 AM
Sure, the more the marrier. Im always up for beer and bulls***t. :D What park do you usually hang out at?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-10-2003, 04:53 AM
IS this just a jet boat party or can a Baja Outlaw join in? I've been a Somerville regular for more years than I'd like to remember.
come on down. Just look for the yellow jet. I believe it is the only one out there.
Omega

460rogers
07-12-2003, 09:08 PM
We are at the lake this weekend at big creek park .My boat aint ready but will be with my cousin's taylor .Havent skied in years should be a good show.HER BOAT is silver with dark blue trim 460 with logs. watch for the rooster she just got the boat and loves to shoot it up. jawdrop

Holy Tera
07-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Hello all! I have a question...I am originally from Houston, now from Lake Livingston Area, and want to know does anyone ever come to Livingston for boating? Or just Somerville and Conroe? Where do you H-Town guys go? Out to Riverside on the San Jacinto off IH 10 or what? Been years since I been out there.
[ July 12, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Holy Tera ]

Rocket2003
07-13-2003, 07:23 AM
Go to the San Jacinto! That's where all the Hot H-Boyz hang out! Check out www.byuboyz.com (http://www.byuboyz.com)

Greaser
07-13-2003, 09:14 AM
460rogers:
We are at the lake this weekend at big creek park .My boat aint ready but will be with my cousin's taylor .Havent skied in years should be a good show.HER BOAT is silver with dark blue trim 460 with logs. watch for the rooster she just got the boat and loves to shoot it up. jawdrop Ill keep an eye out for ya. Ill be around Birch, but in my dads ski boat :rolleyes: since my jets not quite ready frown

Rocket2003
07-13-2003, 11:30 AM
:)

460rogers
07-14-2003, 06:03 PM
At least it was a pretty weekend for swimming! The taylor had starter problems(reverse starter of course)and when it did run it was banging so bad it was embarassing.The antique distributer is just plain wore out.Could not find points to try anywhere.I think they also fit a 47 nash.Even the deck boat had problems with the trim motor.Time to regroup and get my jet ready hopely before sept.

Jim Hall
07-15-2003, 04:44 AM
Hey Holy Tera! I have been to Livingston a few times,just not with boat. I will try Livingston let me know where to go and well meet ya. We have looked at lake front property there and am considering buying. We usually go to Lake Houston or Sommerville, but we are game for anything.

Greaser
07-15-2003, 03:31 PM
460rogers:
At least it was a pretty weekend for swimming! The taylor had starter problems(reverse starter of course)and when it did run it was banging so bad it was embarassing.The antique distributer is just plain wore out.Could not find points to try anywhere.I think they also fit a 47 nash.Even the deck boat had problems with the trim motor.Time to regroup and get my jet ready hopely before sept. It was a great weekend at somerville. The water was remarkably calm :) I did get a little burnt but other than that, had a great time. I did ride by big creek and looked for yalls boat. I also went by pecan. There were some really nice ski boats there. It was pretty crowded there though, so we just cruised around, tubed, and skied a little. We had a blast :)