PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow

HavasuDreamin'
04-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Anyone ever been down there? Anyone know about Eagle Cove?
The wife and I are planning a trip that looks like it is going to fall on the weekend of July 26th and spill over into the next week. :)
We are looking at Eagle Cove's littlefoot cabins. Is this a good choice? Anyone from the boards down there in TN?

Bust-a?
04-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Wow, that name brings back memories. I used to go to Dale Hollow when I was a kid or should I say about 20 years ago (my wife still thinks I'm a kid).
We lived in Ohio at the time and would rent a Houseboat on this lake every summer. It was a blast! Unfortunately, I don't remember that much about the lake other than at the time it was really worth the drive! The water was pretty clear with a rocky bottom (little flat rocks-good for skipping). I believe the lake is partly in Kentucky and partly in Tennessee. I think the lake is huge with lots of coves and forks in the lake - I can remember my dad getting lost in our ski boat trying to make it back to the Houseboat (cussing alot of course)!
Don't know that this helps much, alot can change in 20 years - I know the lake here in Conroe, TX has with all the golf courses and houses frown

HavasuDreamin'
04-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Welcome to the boards. Thanks for the information. My wife and I have been looking to travel to Dale Hollow for a couple of summers now but haven't had the time. We are making the time this summer. We have looked at a map so we are familiar with the geographic location. Thanks for the heads up on getting lost. I don't think my wife will find it too funny if I get us lost :rolleyes: , so perhaps I should buy that handheld GPS I have been looking at. idea
Does anyone know about Eagle Cove? Anyone live nearby or is anyone going to be there during late July?
HD :cool:

WATERROCKET
04-15-2003, 01:34 PM
HD, We go down to Dale Hollow about every other year, We stay at the Sportmans lodge in Byrdstown,TN. Nice Lighting for boat parking,Two dubble beds, Kitchen,frige,and table, and clean for 50.00 a night! 1 mile from the boat ramp. If we don't go to DH we go to Laural River Lake.Its even cleaner than DH. hope this helps.

NashvilleBound
04-15-2003, 05:14 PM
We go to Center Hill all summer. Dale Hollow is a little clearer, if thats possible, but farther out and we are having problems finding a ramp that can handle our boat. Try Center Hill, they have condos right near the water. Send me a PM and I can shoot you the links I have.
I hope I can get out of San Diego in June to come on out for the summer. Either way you will enjoy the lakes...

25Daytonaless
04-21-2003, 05:49 PM
H.D., We stayed at Eagle Cove last fall. We stayed in one of those Little Foot cabins. It was top notch. Very nice interior and very clean. Make sure you take some food, not alot to do or eat around those parts. The water was really low last fall but it looked like they had a nice beach area to swim from if the water was at normal level. The cabins also have their own docks within a short walk.