PDA

View Full Version : Need a good boat mechanic in North Texas?

blowin-n-goin
05-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Hi, first time in these forums so forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. I'm looking for a good super high performance motor mechanic in North Texas or within about 100 miles is ok. Last year I took my boat to "the" high performance guy at Lake Texoma, boy was that a big mistake, the whole summer later and a "wasn't that the motor with the cracked block or piston". I finally pulled my motor from this guy, and took it to a suggested performance shop, to find out what I suspected all along, they did the full job on the motor, checked everything, nothing wrong, dude was just trying to milk me as I suspected. I guess he thought I was an idiot? But when a pull the engine/dyno and tune went from $1500 to $6500, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, especially when it was running fine, less one small vacuum leak when I took it in. My performance shop did the usual, new rings, new bearings, honed cylinders, etc, and put her back together for a fraction of the cost.
Well anyway, now I need someone to help me get her back together. I don't have the time/facilities and need someone is good and honest. I have no problem spending $$ as long as it's legit, unlike dude at Texoma... won't mention any names but it's "the" high performance shop up there, the only one I know of...

not guilty
05-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Well , I,m in central Illinois! only about a day away eek! !
But at least were still at a 4-5 day turnaround schedule.NG

pgf127rt
05-03-2003, 11:55 AM
BNG, check your email.

Badboat1
05-03-2003, 01:26 PM
BNG,I'am in the south part of Ft.Worth and I have building racing engines and hiperf boat engines along time and pgf knows me ask him that I'am on my own now and kinda booked up but will work you in.Give me a call 817-249-0104 or 817-312-7492
BB1

BlownCole
05-05-2003, 05:13 AM
There are some very good builders in the panhandle, but it might be a tough time of year for them, I would be glad to ask if you want me too

HavasuDreamin'
05-05-2003, 10:07 AM
How about the ***boat Forum's own Infomaniac? Not sure if he wants to do this, but I know he can build a heck of a motor. :cool:

Ronnie
05-06-2003, 09:11 AM
You would be happy with Kim Barr racing engines in Garland. He does all of my motors and will do a great job on yours.If you need any more info on him just let me know. The shop # is 972-272-6121
Good Luck
Ronnie