PDA

View Full Version : 2004 TableRock Roost

Ken F
10-13-2003, 07:03 PM
This is a test-fire.
How many will want to attend? Please post up, as I'm trying to get a feel for how many rooms/campsites to reserve.
Ken

big Doug
10-13-2003, 09:57 PM
When, where?

Ken F
10-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Doug,
This year we had it the 26th & 27th of July.
Don't have next years calender in front of me, but the same weekend in july next summer.
Ken

fasbote
11-02-2003, 08:33 AM
Will there be fast boats making loud noise? Will there be babes in scanty bikinis? Cold beer? Count me in!

sidewound
11-02-2003, 09:16 AM
If it's close to N Ia. it sounds like fun. I think my bud BAJAJET went last year.
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

D-BO
11-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Sounds like fun, I guess we'll have to put it on our calander!!

AQUAholicSTV2
11-27-2003, 07:55 AM
Hi Guys.
I live here on Table Rock Lake between Branson West and Kimberling City on land or just west of the Dam & Indian Point by water.
A couple friends either live here or run here quite a bit.
Most of us have STV's but there is a Allison and a Quarter shot too. Also a couple of larger performance rigs such as Skater, Baja, Warlock, etc.
I run "The Prop Doctor" prop shop in Lampe MO. which is 2 miles south of the Kimberling City bridge on hwy. 13.
I just started posting on this board but have been on www.screamandfly.com as "AQUAholic" for several years.
My e-mail is aquaholic@inter-linc.net if anyone wants to contact me directly.
For those who dont know, the lake is in the southwest corner of Missouri just west of Branson.
Attached is a photo of a few of our group. Mine's the red-black-white one on the right.

sidewound
11-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Most of us have STV's but there is a Allison and a Quarter shot too. Also a couple of larger performance rigs such as Skater, Baja, Warlock, WHacker Craft, etc.
Attached is a photo of a few of our group. Mine's the red-black-white one on the right. [/B]
WHACKAS, WHACKAS EVRYWHERE I SEE WHACKAS!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/114turkey_calls.jpg
I'm not gonna come down there and get spanked by a buncha guys sportin strapons!
CESAR

Clown
11-27-2003, 10:00 AM
I'll Be There Gonna Wack some WACKA ASS.:p

sidewound
11-27-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Clown
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ken F
11-28-2003, 07:39 AM
AQUAholicSTV:
Looking forward to seeing your group there! Last year we had a bunch of guys come up from Joplin with some pretty nasty outboards! I'm sure they will attend in 2004 also!
Hey, it's good to know you are down there, and the name of your shop. I'll send you some business!
Ken F

Jet Hydro
11-28-2003, 10:28 AM
I just might have to show up and lend a hand on the Wacken some WACKA ASS. ;) :D

FasterPussyCat
11-29-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Jet Hydro
I just might have to show up and lend a hand on the Wacken some WACKA ASS. ;) :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/11447-med.jpg
any one of the above boats could hand you your ass even with giving you a head start
leave that jet hrdro home and let the fast boats take care of them
we would all hate to see you embaress yourself by getting beat by all the wackers
a 13 second jet hydro cant hold a candle to those 10 and 11 second wackers
STAY HOME

Infomaniac
11-29-2003, 11:58 AM
Alright let's be nice :boxed: :boxed:
Thicken up the skin folks.

Jet Hydro
11-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by FasterPussyCat
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/11447-med.jpg
any one of the above boats could hand you your ass even with giving you a head start
leave that jet hrdro home and let the fast boats take care of them
we would all hate to see you embaress yourself by getting beat by all the wackers
a 13 second jet hydro cant hold a candle to those 10 and 11 second wackers
STAY HOME
Yea I`v heard that before...To bad it`s never happened!
If they only run 11.`s I don't see any problem handing them their asses. the 10`s might still be a problem but I don't have the new bottom done yet so that story might change.
I`m http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared07.gif and I`m http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared09.gif in my boots. In other words I`m not SCARED :p :rolleyes: :D

Jet Hydro
11-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by FasterPussyCat
STAY HOME
I forgot to say NO !!!!
what's a matter? youChicken?

AQUAholicSTV2
11-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Howdy guys.
Why are we so centered on who can beat who ?
Most of us could care less if another rig is faster than our's, we just like to go boating and meet other people that have the same interests as us.
The STV's will easily run 100+ and the other's I mentioned are not outboards.
The Warlock is a 25 ft. tunnel and runs a 650 hp. turbine motor through a shortened Imco Extreme drive, It's for sale.
The Baja is a 23 ft. Hammer with a 496 Mercruiser from Springfield.
The Allison is a white center steer XR-2002 from Joplin. I forget the owner's name he's a guy I met last summer at the Aunt's Creek Bluff'.
Here's a photo of my buddy's new 2003 QuarterShot T-3 with a new drag motor. I dont think there is much around here that will beat it in holeshot or top end.
The pictured rig is for sale, either hull & trailer only or complete.

Clown
11-29-2003, 07:18 PM
Hey Everyone.
The Reply Post about Wackn wacka ass
Was just to get a little rise out of ya not to start a "My Boat Is Faster Than Yours"
Kinda War
Sorry if it has takin a turn for the shore
I like to take my boat out and run it as well And to meet other people Its Fun to swap shop talk, with people that are in the same type of Things that I am"wrenchin" .
Thanks CLOWN:)

Jet Hydro
11-30-2003, 02:01 AM
It`s not that big of a deal to me either. I just love running my hot rod`s with others that enjoy the sport of hot boating!
If it`s that big of a deal, I`ll just stay home .........

Ken F
11-30-2003, 09:11 AM
<The Allison is a white center steer drag boat from Joplin. I forget the owner's name he's a younger guy I met last summer at the Aunt's Creek Bluff'.
>
Aquaholic,
That would be Derick Gander from Joplin.
Met him last year at the Roost, and he now works for me. Even if he does drive a wakka! lol The whole idea of the LBBA (www.laidbackboaters.com)
is to get people together who enjoy boats. So far, we've had only great people to hang out with.
Seriously, we had ALL kinds of boats there last year, and everyone had a GREAT time, talking shop, hanging out, and keeping ahead of the thirst. Not much fuel was even burned, as everyone pretty much hung out iin the cove enjoying each other.
Really the highlight of the weekend was when everyone lined up in the channel & shot roosts going under the hiway 39 Bridge! The video of that is awsome! The sound of all those boats going under the bridge is unbelievable!
Ken F

AQUAholicSTV2
11-30-2003, 08:40 PM
I think that was his name.
Going to check out that website right now.
C-ya.

ruggs
11-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Ok Ken,
Can I come also, I think I live a little close to the party. Don't forget that I will have the only floating Tiki-Bar on Table Rock Lake.That was esspecialy designed for your get-together. Now all of the people that say they will do.....Need to do. 2004 is going to be one of your best.
Ron

sidewound
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ruggs
Ok Ken,
Can I come also, I think I live a little close to the party. Don't forget that I will have the only floating Tiki-Bar on Table Rock Lake.That was esspecialy designed for your get-together. Now all of the people that say they will do.....Need to do. 2004 is going to be one of your best.
Ron
COOL!!!! Lets see a pic of the floatin TIKI BAR!!!! Just might make my decision for me!!!
Floatin Tiki vs. Sittin Homie, Hmmmmmm!
Peace Man:cool:
CESAR

kp216
12-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Ken - You know that I'll be there! I haven't decided yet if we're going to camp or stay in a motel. It all depends on whether we get a new 5th wheel camper so I double pull the camper and boat.
As far as the speed thing goes, I ain't worried 'bout nuthin'! The metallic green family station wagon will be there but the only thing it will out run is maybe a bass buddy with a small trolling motor.
Let's see some pictures of that floating Tiki Bar!! http://www.conservationcafe.com/graemlins/cheers.gif
D-Bo ... weren't you there last year??
Tell Derick I said hey.

ruggs
12-13-2003, 10:49 AM
To everyone wanting to see a photo of the tiki bar, It is still in the design stages. Many brain cells have been sacrificed in the planning of the bar. I have carpenters on standby to begin construction. Ken F offered the air compressor to inflate the palm trees that have already been purchased and I am currently shopping online for the bamboo and palm leaves. If anyone has a suggestion on how to make it more interesting speak up. I can assure everyone that it will be wherever Ken F. decides to have the Table Rock Roost.....Ron R
P.S.....a diving board was recently donated

D-BO
12-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey guys, I'm one of the guys from Joplin. Yes, we do have some "fast wakkers", actually one of them is a national champion that has made Hot Boat magazine twice!! Ken is right, we had a blast, all the "bad mouthing" aside, it was great to hang out and look at boats of all types!!! We'll have Dereks boat, my little brothers Liberator, my laser, the twin outboard Eliminator, a hydrostream and maybe a 42 cat!! It's cool to get away from all the "groups" as far as what kind of boat you have and hang out as one group. The LBBA!! Oh, by the way Ken, count all of us in! Get in touch with Derek and get my number.

D-BO
12-17-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh, if your looking for us that weekend, just look for the 42ft. yellow cat running twin turbo 632's (1500 hp each) throwing huge roost. It had enough horse power to blow up 3 different #4 drives! This boat ran 110 at half throttle, top end is unknown due to drives breaking anything over half throttle. Attempting to do a switch to Arneson #8's as we speak. --D-BO

sidewound
12-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Sorry I had to make all the red Xs but da WHACKACRAFT got to me.
Peace Man! :cool:
CESAR

Bigyellowcat
12-17-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by D-BO
Oh, if your looking for us that weekend, just look for the 42ft. yellow cat running twin turbo 632's (1500 hp each) throwing huge roost. It had enough horse power to blow up 3 different #4 drives! This boat ran 110 at half throttle, top end is unknown due to drives breaking anything over half throttle. Attempting to do a switch to Arneson #8's as we speak. --D-BO
Hey that sounds like me.http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/data/500/7862poker_run-thumb.jpg

Bajajet
12-18-2003, 11:29 AM
Maybe I can have my own engine in the boat this time!

Infomaniac
12-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Tyson when did you get the turbos on? Lets see them man.

Ken F
12-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Ron, you just HAD to use that picture where you were passing ME didn't you?
On top of that it is one that my wife took.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR....LOL
Ken F

ruggs
12-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Ken,
I know my boat couldn't beat yours but I thought it gave a good perspective. Besides how can I take the picture if I'm driving. Any idea where I can buy bamboo locally for the Tiki bar?

Bigyellowcat
12-18-2003, 09:10 PM
turbo pic i know it is a bad pic but the only one i have right now.

arjetfxr
12-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Never have been that far north with the boat, we ride a 79 Condor jet with a 454/Dominator combo. We live on Beaver Lake in Arkansas, but Missouri might be fun this summer.

Bigyellowcat
12-20-2003, 02:44 AM
is there alot of beaver on beaver lake? damm its late.

Ken F
12-21-2003, 01:29 AM
Mostly around the edges Cat, but watch your woodie!
Ken F

ruggs
12-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Thou worriest too much
Ken,
I know that I worry too much however, the questions will start to appear such as ...what campground?....What motel?....Where is the gas? ...and Got beer?......Call me amigo.....Ron

sidewound
12-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Bajajet
Maybe I can have my own engine in the boat this time!
Doesn't matter who's motor ya got in that thing bro. It's a beautiful machine!
CESAR

ruggs
12-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Ken F
Ron, you just HAD to use that picture where you were passing ME didn't you?
On top of that it is one that my wife took.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR....LOL
Ken F
Ken,
is that really a Rolex?:)

Cas
12-24-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by ruggs
If anyone has a suggestion on how to make it more interesting speak up.
Ron,
I'm thinking a couple of Playboy bunnies for the guys and maybe a couple of Chippendale's for the ladies serving drinks would be a nice touch :)
Ken,
If my wife and I happen to show up, will we be able to get a ride in a boat or 2? ;)

kp216
12-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Cas - I can offer a couple seats in the metallic green station wagon, (it ain't a ***boat... but it IS a jet!) in addition to some 12 ounce brain grenades if you're interested.
It was a really good time last year and I'd like to see it get even bigger and better.
kp - who's sittin' here freezin' and wishin' for warm weather.:wink:

ruggs
12-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Cas,
Two things. I think Ken has something in mind concerning the bunnys ( does Fredricks of Hollywood carry a line of coconut bras?) and You won't have a problem finding a ride or a boat. Take mine, hell I'll even put the engine back in

Bigyellowcat
12-27-2003, 07:32 PM
table rock roost? the layout pad you are looking at is 12' long
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1334big_spray-med.jpg

Ken F
12-28-2003, 07:54 AM
Cas, if you and Eilene show up, I'll gurantee you rides in some of the fastest jets you have ever riden in! I'm sure Duane will be there, with his new 1200hp engine...and you are welcome to my new Cheyenne anytime you want to use it....hell, I may still have the Omega!
Ken

Cas
12-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Thanks you all! My wife and I are talking about a little jount back there via the other kind of jet. We've always wanted to visit Branson so it might work out for us to kill 2 birds with one stone.
I'm sure you all we find out shortly after we make a decision.
kp,
After I started working on the floating house for one of my clients, I realized I really like being on the water no matter what kind of boat it is. I guess it's kind of like a comfort zone to me.
ruggs,
Disregard what I just typed to kp, I don't think I'd want to be paddling a 2000lb boat :D
Ken,
Sounds like a hoot! One question though, if you still have the Omega, should I bring a fishing pole? :eek:

Ken F
12-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Okay Ruggs, the pressure is on!
I've got two single cocktail Bunnies with HUGE bolt-on store-bought's ready for duty! Said it sounds like a hoot! lol One Blonde, one brunette just for variety.
Cas...I dunno about the fishing pole idea.
I've never allowed one in the Omega. Always kinda felt that was degrading to do to a good jet! LOL
I think It would be fun tho to take Duane's blown 572 tunnel to a bass tournament sometime!
Ken

Unchained
12-30-2003, 09:35 AM
George, If you're going to go there then I'll go also.
Are you going to have the beast ready by then?
How about an update? pictures?
That big yellow boat looks real impressive but by the time he gets it on plane I'll have completed a 1/4 mile :D ( jk )
Mark

Ken F
12-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey Mark, that would be great if you could make it! I'd love to see that new Stealth since you have finished it! Also would like to see how the turbo set-up is working....thinking along those lines also!
Ken

Ken F
12-31-2003, 01:39 PM
Debo,
Drop me an e-mail at KenAndEmmFoster@cs.com
Ken

ruggs
01-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Ok everyone,
Here is how it all started (see photo)...I'll post photos of the tiki bars progress but, You can only see the result by attending "Table Rock Roost 2004"...(Ken F has alredy staffed it with 2 packing "Store Bought- Bolt ons".........ruggs

Cas
01-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Ron,
Did you get the pm from me?

kp216
01-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Ron - You know that I'll be there. I'm looking forward to seeing the Tiki Bar, having a drink on it, taking a flying leap off the diving board and ogling the wares of the "waitresses" while they go about their business.:wink:
By the way, did you ever see the video I made from last years roost? You're in it, with your boat once again passing Ken and me!:D

ruggs
01-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Cas,
Got your pm I'll call sometime this weekend.
Kevin,
Ken and I were pretty sure that you'll be there. When you get a minute contact Ken about how you could possibly helpout the cause....Later........Ruggs
P.S........Cool video

Blade1
01-04-2004, 06:10 PM
i live in bourbon about 31/2 hrs away,got a brother that lives on taneycomo and a buddy of mine has a cabin about 2 mi from aunts creek bluff on the lake.sounds like a good time, ive got a 19 ft picklefork tunnel with a blown 468 BBC and a 1977 sanger 460 jet 21 ft ski ,ill bring em both that way i can do what ever. Cant wait!!

Ken F
01-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Dan,
Glad to have you aboard!!
Ken F

Jake W
01-05-2004, 07:53 AM
So Ken you went from NOS and a carb to Turbos why dont you just put a blower and hat on the tunnel?Unchained I would like to to see that Stealth too.It is sounding like there will be quite a few tunnels there.
You guys ever been on that boat where you watch the show and eat and it takes you around the lake(I forgot what it was called).Where they dock that thing there is a neat little island buy it.
Jake

Ken F
01-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Okay All....here's the skinny on the 2004 TablerockRoost!
It is going to be held in Eagle Rock, Mo this year. We have rooms and campsights reserved for the weekend of July 16-17. limited Boatslips are available by reservation. RV parking is available as are Fuel, food, showers and restrooms. There is a two-lane boat ramp, and plenty of parking for rigs & trailers.
The Campground, Resort, marina, and boatramp are all within walking distance of each other.
We are planning to have a Sunday boatshow, A Saturday afternoon run down the White River (which is beautiful!) Possible entertainment Saturday night, and an awards ceremony after a potluck dinner!!
Of COURSE we are planning the now world famous bridge roost...The movies from that last year were Awsome. Imagine 30 jets lined up running full speed with full roosters going under the bridge!!!
Sounds like the opening lap of Daytona!!!
People wanting to reserve rooms, need to be pay for them asap. The resort may be viewed at:
http://www.lazyeagleresort.com
You may make your reservations through them online if you want. Just tell them you are with the LBBA crowd.
For further information or reservations, contact Ken Foster at: KenAndEmmFoster@cs.com

ruggs
01-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Ken F,
You now have a "Rock & Roll" band booked for the night of the 17th, classic rock with a good amount of music, details next time you call...........ruggs

Ken F
01-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey Ron, you are the best! Thanks for arranging that one, you've been a great help this year!
I can't wait! Rooms at the inn are already being spoken for...This is coming together sweet!
Ken

ruggs
01-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Ken,
More coming, the local lounge and resturant on the other side of the bridge would like to be a sponsor. They said they would help out with discounts,host he band(after 10 pm) and even deliver breakfast if we want..........BOATERS....get your butts to Missouri

Ken F
01-14-2004, 08:25 PM
Just confirmed that "unchained" is bringing his new Stealth with a twin-turboed 460 down from Michigan!
He's already reserved his room.
Ken F

Ken F
01-16-2004, 06:01 PM
I just received word that Duane from Hi-Tech Performance is donating a new "Snoot" to be given away as one of our prizes! This is the same snoot which Squirtcha added 6.3 mph to his boat by bolting it on, and doing a little set-up!!!
That ought to give you guys a little incintive to get to the Roost this year!!
Ken F

Towndrunk
01-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Is there an RV campground around close?

Ken F
01-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Yes there is, just about 1/4 city block from the Resort & boat ramp, and the camping area!
You planning on comming?
Ken F

Towndrunk
01-20-2004, 07:29 AM
Hi Ken F. . I might come down if you guys promise not to pick on me. I was down there about six years ago but didn't hook up with anybody.

Ken F
01-20-2004, 10:20 AM
We promise. Wellllll, maybe just a little bit -good-naturedly! lol
It'd be great to have you...It's really a great time for all kinds of boats.
Are you from Missouri?
Ken

Bigyellowcat
01-20-2004, 08:36 PM
is there any racing at the table rock roost?

kp216
01-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Bigyellowcat
With just the right amount of encouragement, I might be talked into doing the "100 meter mosey" toward the cooler. But that's highly unlikely because I don't ever plan on getting that far away from it!:D

Ken F
01-21-2004, 06:26 AM
<is there any racing at the table rock roost?>
BYC- officially no. No insurence to cover racing, but if you want to challenge someone, and they are agreeable.......
it's up to you. Shoot, I'll even watch!!!
You planning to come?
Ken F

Towndrunk
01-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Bigyellowcat
You talking top end or quarter mile?

Bigyellowcat
01-21-2004, 06:58 PM
im talking from here to there where ever that may be.

Bigyellowcat
01-21-2004, 06:59 PM
and top end would probably not be a race.

ruggs
01-21-2004, 07:04 PM
How about some radar trap solo racing????????

Towndrunk
01-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Maybe not. Quarters a different story.:cool:

Ken F
01-23-2004, 06:18 PM
There is now a registration page on the Laid Back Boaters Assn. website:
<http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id106.htm>
Please take the time to register, so we can get a handle on the number of people planning to attend!
Thanks in Advance,
Ken F

Ken F
02-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Well, we have the resort filled for the weekend. All rooms are taken at the Eagle's Rest Resort. I went down last weekend and was able to find 4 more rooms. One is across the lake from the marina, campground & resort, but it is only about a 3 minute boatride. That room comes with a boatslip.
I was also able to find a bed & breakfast with 3 rooms available that weekend, so I booked all 4 that I could find.
If anyone wants to be assured of a room,
e-mail me at : Kenandemmfoster@cs.com
and I will give you phone #'s to make your reservations.
There is still plenty of camping left for those of you who can "tough it out"!
Please try and get registered at
<http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id106.htm>
as soon as possible, so we can get a handle on the amount of food for Saturday night.
Thanks,
Ken F

Cas
02-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Hi All!
Looks like Tablerock is going to be the place to be in July! We're still trying to work things out to make the trip out there, may end up to be a near last minute decision.
Due to insurance reasons, as Ken mentioned, I need to chime in on the racing thing. The LBBA does not promote, organize, support or advertise any kind of racing, poker runs or any other activety that may invoke unsafe speeds.
The LBBA and any of it's functions are for social getherings only.
Sorry about that but I'd really hate to lose my house over a race that I'm not even a part of. :cool:

Ken F
02-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Well folks, as of today, we have 21 boats registered, and about twice that many people!
There are only 4 rooms left in close proximity to where the roost is being held. Anyone still needing one, please contact me asap.
Plenty of camping left.
Ken F

Jet Hydro
02-25-2004, 04:40 PM
What did you find out on camp sites? Do we need to register for a camp site?

Ken F
02-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Steve,
Regarding camping, there is a beautiful campground where we are planning all of our festivities, called the Eagle Rock Campground. Reservations may be made at: ReserveAmerica.com
Ken

Jet Hydro
02-26-2004, 08:23 AM
So then your telling me that we that are going to camp need to make Reservations ? do I have this right or can we just show up and get camping sites?
I`v never been to a lake that I had to call in advance, So this is something new to me.

Ken F
02-26-2004, 02:13 PM
Steve, it is a Corp of Engineers campground, so I'm pretty sure you could just show up. But, if you want to pick your spot early.....there is a map of the campground and all on that website which shows the boatramp ect. All you have to do is register on the website, then you can make reservations anywhere in the U.S. you want at Corps campgrounds.
We are going to try and reserve all of the spots closest to the lake as they have the most shade in the afternoon. (seems like the manager has disappeared for the winter however...should be back soon) The ones to the south or up on the map, are pretty sunny!
Ken

TexasJet
02-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Ken, I met you at Duane's open house. You talked about Table Rock and I think OmegaBubbleJet and I are coming up. Does the party start on the 16th and run thru the 18th? If so we will probably reserve a camp site for the 15th thru the 18th. It will take us at least 10 hours to get there. I tried to E-mail you but my message came back as "undeliverable". Jeff(The BAJA)

Ken F
02-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Yes Jeff, I remember you!
Glad to hear you two are planning to come! It promises to be a great time!
Actually it will be the 17th (Sat) & the 18th (Sunday) but people will begin to show on friday the 16th. I'll be down there all day Friday I'm sure.
KenandEmmFoster@cs.com
Ken F

dragboatracer
03-06-2004, 06:17 PM
I am always amused to log on and read the hilarious" Im faster than you "crap that is always posted. Especially about out- running the outboards. I dont know about anybody else, but I am looking forward to the next roost, just to lay eyes on this jet hydro. I want to say thanks to the guys that i met at table rock by aunts creek, for always standing up, and defending your outboard fever. There is nothing like the power to weight ratio of a screaming V-6 outboard be whatever brand you run. But im a Merc man and i say, If it aint black, take it back.......Liquid addiction..... Derek "the guy in the white center steer allison"

Bigyellowcat
03-07-2004, 12:18 AM
goose, you get him out of the hole and i will get him on top. he will have alot to go home to brag about getting beat by an outboard and smoked by a 13,000 lb boat.

kp216
03-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Derek - You can run those guys if you want to and I'll use the two-tone metallic green "station wagon" to haul around the coolers!:cool:
The category I plan on taking the award for at Tablerock Roost 2004 is the "Slowest Jetboat On The Lake But I Don't Care Because The Tablerock Roost Is A Blast!":D

dragboatracer
03-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Well, I didnt reply to ruffle feathers,but, i have just heard of this jet hydro, never seen it at the races, or even at the lake, and heard and read about how fast it is. Im not saying that Im the fastest, but have a hard time beliveing that a JET hydro will outrun anything. Only because a hydro is desighned to blow the ass end up out of the water and run on the tips of the sponsons. a jet has to suck water through the pump thus leaving the ass end really really wet. But it would be funny for tyson to throw a whole lotta weight (13,000),,,,and thats a lotta ass!!! and outrun the hydro. But only if i can navigate Ty. And Im glad I found a refrigerator to haul the coolers!! It doesnt matter how fast it is as long as you have fun!!! If idint have the allison, I would have a canoe with a ten horse on it and ill guarantee it would be the fastest on any lake.:eek!: Hands down. I can trailer race with the best of them, but I have time tickets to prove it....... Derek.... that damn slow freakin egg beater.....whakkaaa whakkkaaaaa

dragboatracer
03-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Tyson,need to talk to you. Get ahold of me, my number is the same......

Ken F
03-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Big D! Good to hear that you are still among the living (musta finally got your puter fixed), and even better to hear that you are planning to come this year!
What about D-Bo & the others?
Hi to Lonnie from Emm & I....
Ken F

D-BO
03-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Count me in Goose!!! You know the boys from J-Town will bring all the outboards out!! Maybe Jeremy will even bring his for the special occasion!!!

Ken F
03-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Good Deal! Glad to know you guys are planning to come again this year! You sure did liven up the party last year!
...'sides..Somebody gotta be able to put all these squirt-boats in their place! Otherwise, they'll all be gettin a case of the big-head.
Ken F

dragboatracer
03-12-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey, yeah well be there. i am really looking forward to seeing the jet hydro. Dont have alot of time to lay down words now but will soon......

AQUAholicSTV2
03-13-2004, 03:15 PM
How ya doing, remember me ?
I'm the one with the red/white/black STV Pro Comp / 260 Merc. you met at the Aunt's Creek Bluffs a year or so ago.
You took my sister-in-law for a ride and went out for pizza with us afterwards. I was with a few other STV's.

dragboatracer
03-13-2004, 05:53 PM
yeah randy i remember... Hows everything going?? good to hear from ya. i saw you this past summer when we were pulling a guy in a 21 ft. skater back to the ramp, just blew his new motor. only 5 hours on a new rebuild, apparently he needed a new engine man. We need to exchange numbers and hang out a little this next summer. always like hangin with a few nasty outboards. like i always say, if it aint black take it back..............

AQUAholicSTV2
03-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Send me a e-mail and I will give you our numbers.
Randy.
aquaholic@interlinc.net

dragboatracer
04-01-2004, 05:18 PM
hey randy, send an email to me, dont think that my email got to you with my number, Any way, wanted to log on and say hey to everyone out there, i am freakin ready for the damn summer. will have the boat ready this weekend, ready to fire off that damn wackkkkaaa. kevin are you going to be at the roost this year? Ken, say hey to emm for us, lani is good, still a BIG pain in the ass. get the boat ready boys, its startin to get warmer.............................Derek

Ken F
04-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Hey Derek!
Strange enought, Kevin is right here with me and says hi! He came down today, and we hauled his boat down to Ervin Capps to have a floor & keel put in.
Ervin just about has my new Cheyenne done, now all I gotta do is get it rigged!
Ken

kp216
04-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Hey Derek! Were your ears burning or something??:D Ken and I were on our way back to his place from Ervin's when I was asking about you. Both of us said we hadn't heard anything, then he checks ***boat, and there you are. Too funny.
Yep, I'll be at the roost again. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Besides, if I don't bring my slow-ass station wagon of a jetboat down, none of you whakka guys would be able to out run any jets;) :D :D
And hey, tell Lani that Melissa and I said hi.

Bigyellowcat
04-02-2004, 05:06 PM
is there a speed limit on table rock lake?

Ken F
04-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Nope, only in the no-wake zones.
I've seen & heard a certain brown tunnel hull boat go by our cabin with the blower screaming quite a few times. I think it's about the fastest boat I've seen on the lake.
I'm really looking forward to seeing this piece of yours!!!!
Ken F

Bigyellowcat
04-03-2004, 08:23 AM
i have had three different people tell me that they have been given speeding tickets on table rock. they were racing, so maybe they were given wreckless tickets or something.

Ken F
04-03-2004, 11:02 AM
I would think you are probably right.
I do all my boating on Tablerock, as do most of my other acquaintances. Of all the people I know with fast boats, I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for speeding. Wreckless operation is a different story though. I've gotten tickets for making a wake in a no-wake zone, and for using pylons around dock areas for a slalom-tubing course, but that is all in 12 years.
At last years roost, we only saw the water-cops about twice, and they didn't hardly give us a second look.
Ken F

D-BO
04-06-2004, 04:01 PM
No, therte is no speed limit on Table Rock!! It's the same as Grand Lake, only after dark!!

Bigyellowcat
04-08-2004, 01:14 AM
what are the noise laws on table rock lake? do they have db meters and is it at speed or at idle that they take measurements?

Ken F
04-08-2004, 04:57 AM
I've never seen that happen either..
you sure your'e not just looking for excuses?? LOL
Ken F

D-BO
04-08-2004, 03:48 PM
NO Tyson, you'll do better than most, for the simple fact you don't drink. That's what they look for. They won't say a word to you as long as you have all the proper gear and your not drunk!!!

Blade1
04-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Like D-BO says there is no speed limit on the lake,BUT like on land there is a law against Drag Racing on the water and they will hand out speeding or C&I tickets for that along with a breathalizer or check db levels, the water patrols take on drag racing is that if you know they are around and you line up side by side close and blast off your rubbin it in their face,but if your discreet about it, get away from everybody else and your safe with all the right gear and not DRINKIN they like to see a good race as much as anyone else. I am friends with a few officers around here so that info kinda comes from the horses mouth!So if we keep out shit together we ought to have a lot of fun a the Roost.See yall there. :D

Ken F
04-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Well said Dan. Last year we had about 25-30 boats together Saturday, and had no problems at all from the gestapo.
This year is going to be much larger, and many more boats. It's a fun time for all, and if we start acting like fools, it's probably the last Roost we will be able to have....they will put the Kabosh on us.
The Roost is turning into quite a fun gathering, and I for one would hate to see it have to go away.
Ken F

Bigyellowcat
04-11-2004, 10:20 PM
i would not be drag racing anyway. Unless I get a handicap like you have to slam two beers before you take off. Would be a good excuse for you guys to get drunk.

Ken F
04-18-2004, 06:32 AM
A small update:
Ruggs has arranged with the Liquer store/gas station to fill one of their 1000 gallon tanks with 93 octane for the weekend! It is about 1 1/2 blocks from the boatramp, so this is a good thing!
Thanks Ron from all of us!
Ken

Bigyellowcat
04-23-2004, 07:37 AM
do you think i will be able to hit the bridges on table rock?
http://www.speedwake.com/photopost/data/519/2149roost.WMV

D-BO
04-26-2004, 05:16 PM
I'll bet you can!! Haven't we already seen it or not??? I could be wrong?!?

dragboatracer
05-31-2004, 02:23 PM
nobodys posted in a while, so thought i would say hey, looking forward to this next rooooost. to those that we met last year a warm hello from lani and i, and to those we havent met yet, we look forward to meeting you.....always looking for new people to hang out with.....derek

kp216
05-31-2004, 07:03 PM
Hey Derek - Are you guys camping, staying in a motel, driving back and forth or what? Melissa & I will be camping at Eagle Rock, campsite 30, across the road from the marina.
Looking forward to seeing both of you again.:D

dragboatracer
06-06-2004, 07:09 AM
kevin, we will probably stay at branson west again, dont mind the drive over. we are looking forward to seeing you again to.. derek

Ken F
06-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Derek,
Might want to check a map, it's in Eagle Rock this year which is about 20 minutes north of Eureka Springs & probably another 30 minutes further from Branson west.
Ken

dragboatracer
06-25-2004, 06:23 PM
hey ken, i will probably stay near eagle rock then, that has been my hang out before i found aunts creek. hell for that matter i could drive home in the evening...

Ken F
06-26-2004, 04:32 AM
WHAT? ....and miss the Midnight ski-nekkid event?????

dragboatracer
06-28-2004, 08:51 AM
yeah, id hate to miss the skiing, but had a freak accident last time i did that. still have a little water that wont come out......

Jet Hydro
07-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Ken are you sure that this is a safe place to bring the Hydro? I keep hearing about 10ft waves from the big boats. :eek: Dont want to deep 6 the Hydro ;)

Ken F
07-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Steve,
I really don't think you will have anythign to worry about. I've never seen 10 ft. waves....naw really where we are going to be I really doubt that there will be any large boats. If Duane Brian and I can handle it, don't you think you can? It's up to you, but I would really think that Brians Daytona, Duanes lake boat, and the new Cheyenne will be okay, I would think that the hydro would too.
Ken

Jet Hydro
07-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Ok "the hydro" it will be. How good of a road is 86 from Joplin?

Ken F
07-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Steve,
I really don't know about 86 east of Joplin, but your best bet would come from Wichita on 400 till you hit interstate 44.
Take it East to the Hwy 39 exit at Aurora toward Shell Knob. 4-5 miles before Shell Knob turn right on 76, 4-5 miles turn Left on "M" hwy. toward Big M Marina. Go right on E hwy 6 miles to hwy 86 and you are one mile west of Eagle Rock. Go through town, and watch for the Lazy Eagle Resort & the Eagle Rock Campground & Marina on your left. If you cross the bridge, you missed it.
Ken

dragboatracer
07-10-2004, 08:25 AM
jet hydro, depending on what time you are going to be rolling through joplin, you can follow me and a few others....

dragboatracer
07-10-2004, 08:28 AM
ken, where exactly are you going to drop at? are you going to go over to the rock or what? and what time ? we will be driving back and forth, to close to home to stay the night. all the time i have been running around at that side of the lake i have never seen 10ft wakes. normally if the wind isnt blowing the water is pretty calm.

Jet Hydro
07-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey DragBoatRacer Thanks but I`m not sure on what time I make it now...errrrr ...
You see the kid`s were off doing there thing today and the new girlfriend went to do things with her family so I got to thinking that this might be a good time for me to go take the ole Hydro out for a little spin around the pond. Well To make a long Story short, I cant be trusted with one of my toys when left alone...lol... I broke it!
I know I can have everything fixed in time but I`ll be late.
Do you know if I have to take off the zoomies or will I get by with them? I`v been told if it`s legal in your state it legal anywhere you go kinda like driving your car in another state. That`s what the Okalahoma lake cop`s told me anyway. I do have a set of old Bassett test headers that I could put on but I hate to run my show headers if you know what I mean...lol...
Back to work I go :D
This sucks to brake on the first pass of the day:( Not what I`d planed on my Boy`s day out thing :yuk:

Ken F
07-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Steve,
Sorry to hear bout your "boys gone bad"
day. Hope nothing too serious!
You know, if worse comes to worse, you could just bring your ol lake cruzer....
might save a bunch of wrestling and trying to get stuff together in a hurry.
Dereck,
I'm going down sometime Friday morning to begin setting everything up. I will launch from the EagleRock Marina.
See you there?
Ken

kp216
07-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey Derek, if you're looking for someone to hang with, Melissa and I will be arriving at the campground there in Eagle Rock on Wednesday afternoon. We're also staying until Tuesday.:cool:

dragboatracer
07-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Ken we will be there sometime early sat. morning. Kevin, i will probably come back on sunday, my week is kinda shot because this motel i am building here in joplin. email me and i will give you my number, maybe we can hook up when you get in town.....

TexasJet
07-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Hey Ken, I need some help with directions. Omega and I will be coming up early Friday AM. We plan on driving thru Thursday night from the Houston area. By looking at the map I figure we should come up thru Fort Smith to Fayetteville, then Rogers. Turn on to 62 to 23 then go North to P-3 to Fletchers. Is this a good way to get there? From Fletchers how do we get to the camp grounds?

Jet Hydro
07-11-2004, 08:04 PM
All is well now Ken :D
Just spent the day back at the lake and had a much better day today :D Hydro it will be fo shore.
Hope the lake Cop`s don't mind Zommies??? I put my lake Zommies on today :D I cant hear a thing now...lol...

Ken F
07-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Jeff,
>Turn on to 62 to 23 then go North to P-3 to Fletchers. Is this a good way to get there?<
Okay, 62 to 23 north, which turns to P as soon as you get into Missouri. Just inside the border, you will intersect hwy 86, and take a left. you will cross the lake, and watch for the Eagle Rock marina on the right as soon as you reach the far shore!
See you Soon!!!!!!
Steve,
Glad to hear you got it going! On the zoomies, if they are water injected I think you will be okay. Ervin got stopped after doing a couple of speed passes in my boat on Sunday. that's all he wanted to know. What kind of muffling system it had. Told him water injected, and he wanted to know if we had silent run (?) told him no, and he said okay. Might toss in a set of ot's if you've got em just in case. I'll help you change them if necessary.
Ken

dragboatracer
07-13-2004, 08:36 AM
three days and a couple of hours and i will be sitting in my boat drinking a cold one enjoying the lake.....

Back Forty
07-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Leaving tomorrow evening. See you all there. Look for the little G/Carlson.
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=21845
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=21846
:)

Ken F
07-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Yep, I was busy all day taking care of all the final arangements! All is a go!
Boy, I'm looking forward to this!
Ken F

Jet Hydro
07-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I have a set of test headers but W/O water lines. I hate wet headers. To much work to put wet headers on this motor.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/208Race_Motor.JPG

Ken F
07-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Steve,
I'm sure us ****ry boys will survive! lol
KP216 just came through Republic pulling Tripple on the way to the Roost!!!!
Only 18 more hours!!!!
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAWWWW

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-15-2004, 03:46 AM
9 pm tonight them Texas boys (Omega and TexasJet) will be on their way. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you.
Omega

dragboatracer
07-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Ken, talked to d-bo 's little brother about an hour ago. Plans are for him to follow me and steve up sat. morning. Dont know about d-bo, think he is kinda pussin out. Must be one of tho's fair weather boaters.?!?! What time sat???? Be listenin for the loud chainsaw motors.......

Ken F
07-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Boat show Sat. morning, some playing in the lake, and after lunch, the white River cruz....Get there early as you can!!!
Tell DeBo I said he wears lacy panties.
Hey, I'm going to send you a pm with Kp216's cell phone #. He said last night that you were to call him, but forgot to send him your cell #? Is it the same?
Ken

Infomaniac
07-16-2004, 08:32 AM
OkieDave is headed out in an hour or so. He is a great guy.
I wish I was going with him. :frown:

Brack
07-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Sounds like fun......A couple of us ALLISON boyz will be headed up Saturday morning from the Tulsa area,
Brack

Back Forty
07-19-2004, 09:53 AM
A good pic of some loungin' And of course somebody coming in from making several passes.
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22535
This guy was all about making runs. Blown big chev with nitrous sitting in a tunnel hull. I was having trouble getting a good pic and got this. I didn't notice until I saw the pic but he was wearing vest and helmet!
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22534
I don't remember names but their username is Pumpkin. They were out of Cali. This beautiful Sanger was well refined and ran flawless. Nice 455 boat. Very nice fokes.
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22531
This Spectra was a surprise for me. Naturally I can't remember names just the smiles they had on their faces. They asked me about my runabout and I mentioned Olds. I was surprised to hear about the 455 under all of that heat up top. These people were out to have fun and run hard. This big Spectra hulled the mail!!! Between Texas Jet and this thing the bridge was kept cool for a while and so were the people and cars. No show boating with these fokes. That 455 was earning it's keep!
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22536

Back Forty
07-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Texas Jet on the left, Kp216 Kevin and the Pumpkin crew on the right. I didn't get to meet the people in the yellow boat.
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22538
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22540
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22541
Kp216 cruising up river
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22544
Okie Dave Doing an evening cruise on Friday.
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22548

Back Forty
07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
I had a great time. Ken thanks for your effort! It was nice to meet you all!
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22549
Saturday morning.
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22550
There a lot more pics. I didn't get any of the bridge abuse!!!

Cattitude
07-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi guys,
I met a few of you when I showed at noon at Eagle Rock. I guess I failed to catch on that you were headed upstream and that it had it's shallow spots. Once I learned that, we headed the other way in the Pantera and still had a great time. We headed to Kimberling city to see Bruce at Skier's Wharf where I had bought some Tige inboards over the yrs.
from there we went to the Swings where the M dock band was playing on a housboat and there about 70-80 boats rafted in a bunch of groups. Hung there and had a good time, ate at the Campbell Marina on the way back and ran the river with a 38'ish Baja most of the way back to Eagle Rock.
For those who helped my wife Tina find a place to park the dodge and trailer- thanks! Same goes for those who were patient while she backed into the ramp to pick me up:D

Back Forty
07-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Howdy. I was the guy in the little blue Glastron sitting outside the marina that got a pic of your boat. Here you go!
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22530

Cattitude
07-19-2004, 12:26 PM
cool- thanks- click'n save!

Cas
07-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Back Forty and anyone else,
I'll be updating the LBBA website with a lot of the pictures you all took. If you could, can you write a bit of your experience and maybe a who's who with the boats? Since I wasn't there :( I'd like to use some quotes along with putting names to boats and faces.
Thanks!

Infomaniac
07-19-2004, 06:56 PM
The red Showtime Boats Boat with the white scoop is OkieDave.

Back Forty
07-20-2004, 05:29 AM
Cas, I'll give it a go. I don't remember names to well during such events.
Yes the red tunnel hull going down the waterway is Okie Dave and his other half having a great time. lets see... Dam I missed Ken F pic... I'll go back and edit some of the pics the with text as best I can. Can't miss that luxury Baja of Texas Jet's. Anyway I'll work it over a bit.
Ken F and his fine new ride on the left preparing to attack a bridge...
http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=22539

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 08:24 AM
I have a ton of photos. enjoy
american thunderhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523american_thunder-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523american_thunder1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523american_thunder2-med.jpg
brian from htphttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523brian-med.jpg
brian and rogerhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523brian_roger-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523cooter-med.jpg
cooter scooterhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523cooter_scooter-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523cooter1-med.jpg
Omega <------still has a lot more photos

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 08:32 AM
more pics....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523cooter2-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523cooter3-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523dan-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523dan_engine-med.jpg
Dan (race win repeat shirt)http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523dan1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523dan2-med.jpg
Duane htphttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523duane-med.jpg
duane and unchainedhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523fast_boats-med.jpg
Omega <------still more to come

OkieDave
07-20-2004, 08:35 AM
if you've seen one red x, the rest look the same. whats up with the red x's?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 08:40 AM
more pics.....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523flame-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523flame1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523gator-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523gator1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523gator2-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523gator3-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523group-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523group1-med.jpg
Omega <----still more to come

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 08:47 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523group2-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523ken-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523ken_engine-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523ken1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523ken2-med.jpg
ken f http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523ken3-med.jpg
unchainedhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523mark-med.jpg
okie dave http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523miss_treated-med.jpg
Omega <-----keeps going and going.....

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 08:55 AM
okie davehttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523miss_treated1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523miss_treated2-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523okiedave-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523okiedave1-med.jpg
the pumpkin crewhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523pumpkin1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523pumpkin2-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523pumpkin3-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523pumpkin4-med.jpg
Omega <---- getting closer to the end

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 09:03 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523pumpking-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523roost-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523roost1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523shoal_runner-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523shoal_runner1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523specta-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523spectra20-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523taylor-med.jpg
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 09:10 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523taylor1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523terminal_velocity-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523terminal_velocity1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523texasjet-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523unchained-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523unchained1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523unchained2-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523unchained3-med.jpg
Omega <-----almost done

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-20-2004, 09:19 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523unchained4-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523unchained5-med.jpg
that's all folks. I hope everyone has as much fun as I did. A big thanks to unchained for the ride in his boat. for those that have not seen this ride it is clean and EXTREMELY fast. I think it took me about 2-3 hours to recoop from the ride. Unchained is also an engineering marvel, there is a lot of homework and research done on that boat I bet!;) Thanks to Duane also for the high speed run, I am not sure if the hearing my left ear has returned to normal yet from the blower behind my head:D to everyone else it was great meeting you and consuming adult beverages with you all. I don't think we could have asked for better weather or a better place to boat. hopefully we can spark more interest in this event for next year and get even more boats to attend. Thanks again Ken for organizing such a wonderful event. Now how about some pics of texas jet wetting down the yellow bridge I know someone has those.:eek: wow what a great time. see you next year! roost up:)
Omega

Squirtcha?
07-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by okiedave
if you've seen one red x, the rest look the same. whats up with the red x's?
If it takes too long to load it'll stall out. Just right click on the red x and tell it to "show picture".
Great stuff guys. Once the kids get old enough and slide out the house, I'm all over that one!

Unchained
07-20-2004, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
that's all folks. I hope everyone has as much fun as I did. A big thanks to unchained for the ride in his boat. for those that have not seen this ride it is clean and EXTREMELY fast. I think it took me about 2-3 hours to recoop from the ride. Unchained is also an engineering marvel, there is a lot of homework and research done on that boat I bet!;)
Thanks Chris.
What a great weekend.
It started for me racing Thursday night at Blarney Island. I raced and won second in the Open Class.
800' / 100 mph
We traveled down to Table Rock Lake the next morning.
It was great meeting all the folks at Eagle Rock and making a bunch of new friends.
Mr. amd Mrs. Pumpkin, Omega jet and Texas jet, Roger Leas and family, American Thunder, Okie Dave, KP216, Duane and Mrs Obelander, and many others.
Ken and Emm Foster, thanks for all your efforts in organizing the event, We enjoyed meeting you.
We'll be back next year.
We boated about 15 miles each way from Eagle rock and we barely touched the amount of area that you can travel to there.
It's a beautiful scenic spot.
I was surprised that my boat got about 3+ miles per gallon and I was able to make a 30 mile round trip with gas to spare.
Eureka Springs is an interesting place to go for a side trip there.
A unique geological and historical area.
I got a chance to check out the 21' Eagle aluminum tunnel boat that was there and can see that it's a real well made piece.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523gator2-med.jpg
My wife took this video while we were hosing the bridge on Sunday.
www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/tablerockvideo.MOV

AmericanThunder1
07-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey Omega, Great pictures I got some of texas jet hoseing the bridge bikers I will get them developed on saturday and post them.
Everybody my pleasure meeting all of you and I look forward to the next event.
Well done Ken and Emm.
unchained, I agree I think the air was great I ran better then ever and somebody else said the same thing. I hope I get a ride next year very cool
:cool: :D

Cas
07-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Great pictures so far! This one, IMO, takes the cake though.
Great picture!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523specta-med.jpg

Rampager
07-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Wow great pics guys. When I get the new hull setup I will seriously have to come down and check out a jet gathering or two. Not too many in my neck of the woods!
Does anyone have info on who owns that Eagle tunnel? Looks like a very nice boat and I have a new interest in learning as much as I can about them since I just bought a used one! Don't want a 'full' interior but I don't want it in full blown race trim either(as it is now) Very curious about performance and setup with a more conventional pump etc
Unchained, awesome looking turbo setup!
Cheers

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-21-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Rampager
Wow great pics guys. When I get the new hull setup I will seriously have to come down and check out a jet gathering or two. Not too many in my neck of the woods!
Does anyone have info on who owns that Eagle tunnel? Looks like a very nice boat and I have a new interest in learning as much as I can about them since I just bought a used one! Don't want a 'full' interior but I don't want it in full blown race trim either(as it is now) Very curious about performance and setup with a more conventional pump etc
Unchained, awesome looking turbo setup!
Cheers
that boat was actually called a 'gator' but by my knowledge they are made by eagle in canada and shipped to missouri. unfortunately I do not know who the owner is or if he posts on the boards. I know it was definitely impressive. I believe he runs 75mph with a small block 400.
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Unchained
My wife took this video while we were hosing the bridge on Sunday.
www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/tablerockvideo.MOV
awesome video!:) can't wait to see the video made from the bridge:cool: we need to do this more than just once a year!
Omega

Rampager
07-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks anyway Omega
Yes the hulls are made in Sylvan Lake, Alberta, Canada.
I bought my hull from a racer out there and it is at the factory now waiting for a little TLC to take out a few of the more nasty "race rashes" it has. I am told not to worry, they fix almost anything in that sport and thus I'm told I was very lucky to find a damaged hull and cheap to boot!
I did a fair amount of research and yes Gator boats buys bare hulls from Eagle and rigs them for pleasure use. I guess they are a dealer of sorts. From what I have seen online anyway they would be a good source of info on how to rig a tunnel for pleasure. I think most of their boats come with smallblocks. I'll still run my BBF but am curious none the less. If anyone knows who has this boat by all means PM me with details.
Awesome pics
Cheers
(my 'new' hull-yes I am keeping the rollcage hehe)

Unchained
07-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Omega Bubble Jet,
My wife and I got a real kick out of you leaning out over the bow of Texas Jet's boat sunday trying to get the roost up higher. :D :D
That was a classic and I wish she would have got a picture of it.
Texas Jet's boat had the highest rooster tail of all from what I saw.
Must be a Texas thing, had to be the highest. :)
Mark

Back Forty
07-21-2004, 11:59 AM
The Texas Jet was a really nice ride and it's crew were a great bunch. My favorite moment was when unchained went out saturday night for a last test n tune pass. The local bass boatin' tourny was amassed and clogging up the ramp area. When that twin turbo'd tunnel fired up, the red sea parted and out popped unchained. He then pulled what appeared to be a dam near perfect pass with Omega Bubble Jet strapped in. The Bass boaters were doing the WTF and DAM!!!
Very funny.;)

JustMVG
07-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Great Pics Guys looks like you all had a blast!!!
Mike VG

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Back Forty
The Texas Jet was a really nice ride and it's crew were a great bunch. My favorite moment was when unchained went out saturday night for a last test n tune pass. The local bass boatin' tourny was amassed and clogging up the ramp area. When that twin turbo'd tunnel fired up, the red sea parted and out popped unchained. He then pulled what appeared to be a dam near perfect pass with Omega Bubble Jet strapped in. The Bass boaters were doing the WTF and DAM!!!
Very funny.;) I guess I really don't qualify to say what is a 'perfect pass' but it felt pretty good to me from the passenger seat;) definitely a sensory overload if you know what I mean. It took about 2 hours for it all to set in.:eek: :cool: I can still hear those turbos screaming my ear:D
Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-22-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Unchained
Omega Bubble Jet,
My wife and I got a real kick out of you leaning out over the bow of Texas Jet's boat sunday trying to get the roost up higher. :D :D
That was a classic and I wish she would have got a picture of it.
Texas Jet's boat had the highest rooster tail of all from what I saw.
Must be a Texas thing, had to be the highest. :)
Mark
hense the signature on my profile. EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS......including our rooster tails. I tell ya it was a wild ride on the bow of texasjet's boat. It's amazing what people do in an alcohol indused state. :rolleyes: you should have seen us wetting down the yellow bridge.:cool: there is nothing like having a 250# counterweight on your boat to keep the bow planted:p
Omega

Unchained
07-22-2004, 08:12 AM
A perfect pass is when:
The boat is still upright at the end of the run and you were still in the seat,
The engine was hitting on all 8 cylinders,
The engine still has all the parts attached,
You were ahead of your competition,
There were no fires,

PUMPkin
07-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Well, we got home today (Thurs) about noon. the trip back was Awsome! All the way back All we talked about was how nice everyone we met was. Going to clean up the boat as we hit all kinds of showers on the way. Tommorrow Lisa (My daughter) is playing in the IWFL Super Bowl then we are heading up to Oroville Lake for some more LOUD NOISE:D It seems that there is un burnt race gas that needs burning. We have about 300 pics that need to be looked at plus the Roost video that needs to be digitized and posted. Just not enough time in the day. oh well, My Gin-o-meter is going to peg tonight after this trip:D
thank you all for being our friends
Steve and Shirley (Mr and Mrs P)

Ken F
07-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Steve,
Glad to know you made it home alright.
I've been busier than a cat in a sandbox this week so far....sort of had to neglect the business last in preperation for the roost, and boy has it come back to bite me in the ass! lol
Can't wait to see some pics!
I'm going to try and sit down and get a report written this weekend, and get our few pics posted.
For those who don't know, Emm lost our digital camera early Saturday morning. She laid it down on the dock to catch the front of the boat as I was pulling up, and left it laying there. We looked and looked all weekend, and finally found it about noon Sunday laying in a boat seat by where she had left it. Needless to say, we didn't get many pics, but at least got the camera back.
Ken F

AmericanThunder1
07-22-2004, 09:36 PM
hey ken and emm sorry to hear about your loss of pics, Glad you got your camera back. :frown: :D I hear ya about catching up. My house is a mess and my yard is a foot tall but it was all worth it and then some. Hope everything goes back into place for you soon.
Mr. and Mrs. P. Glad you made it home safe. I cant wait to see your pics I knew you took alot. Every time I turned around you had a big smile fallowed by a flash:D :D I hope you got a pic of my boat and rooster tail because I have no idea what my own tail looks like. lol.:eek: Have fun on your next trip.

Cas
07-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi all,
Ken tells me he needs 6 more Tablerock Roost shirts so I need to make the order. The problem I have is the silk screener needs bear minimum order of 12 but preferrably 24.
You can order a t-shirt, a pocket t or even a tank top, it's up to you. Best bet I think would be to let Ken know what you want and the size.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Cas
Hi all,
Ken tells me he needs 6 more Tablerock Roost shirts so I need to make the order. The problem I have is the silk screener needs bear minimum order of 12 but preferrably 24.
You can order a t-shirt, a pocket t or even a tank top, it's up to you. Best bet I think would be to let Ken know what you want and the size.
how much are additional shirts? I wouldn't mind having a couple tank tops. thinking about getting one for the girlfriend too! she might join the festivities next year.
Omega

TexasJet
07-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Put me down for a large tank top.

dragboatracer
07-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Had a great time this year seeing all the people we met at last years roost, and even better meeting all the new people. Steve and Shirley, My wife has said several times how much she enjoyed meeting you. A huge thanks to Brian and Dana, thought i had lost something last year because of all of the chaos with the hospital trip, but you definately made me happy to get the RAT PACK back. Kevin and Mellisa, glad to meet the kids, we have to stay in contact and maybe make a trip up your way soon. I hated to hear about the boat of people that went the wrong direction, but at least it is a good time at the swing. Next year there has got to be a little more direction on what is going on with the weekend. I heard from several people that organization was lost and not up to par. Hopefully lessons are learned and next years will be even better. I was greatful to see a pretty good showing from a few outboards, especially some ALLISON owners, Steve and his SHADOW, and Darren and the LIBERATOR. Who cares about being the minority, Hell, maybe next year i will bring the canoe with the 9.9 merc on the back and throw some real roost.....

Ken F
07-25-2004, 06:33 AM
>I heard from several people that organization was lost and not up to par. Hopefully lessons are learned and next years will be even better. <
Dereck,
Yes, I have to agree with you, orginization was a little lacking, and I've thought of several ways to improve this next year.
One will be pre-registration, as due to the lack of people registering and paying their dues, it cost me over a grand to put it on this year. (speeking of which, I don't recall seeing a registration form for you either- :rolleyes: )
I didn't want to try and make things too organized, as last year was so nice because we all had time to sit around and get aquainted, and shoot the shit.
This year, was in a new place, and there was really nowhere for people to congregate. Already working on that for next year!
Ken F

dragboatracer
07-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey ken, Normally I dont register because i dont know from one moment to the next where im at or what im doing. maybe the responsibility could be spread between two or three people, making the task of organizing an event a little less hectic. A driver meeting is a must, letting everyone know where and when. last years was good because it was the first and the turnout wasnt as big, at least there was growth from the first. if everyone has an idea of what the plan is and they decide that they want to go right instead of left, or get side tracked cleaning the boat or whatever it may be, they will know where we will all end up and they can catch up later. Derek

DUECE'SDAD
07-25-2004, 11:29 AM
He guys killer pictures i wish i would have made it like originally planned, i didnt see any hydros in the pics, we had to make a run to wichita ks and set up at a convention, so plans got tossed out the window, anyways its on next years schedule already and we will bring a few boats. On friday I passed a dually and travel trailer pulling a green flatbottom near i-35 and 412 in oklahoma headed that way did any one ever see it, i havent seen it in any of the picts, i assume he was heading up there

Unchained
07-25-2004, 04:45 PM
I thought it was organized enough.
I came there to meet some new folks and boat on some new water and I did all that.
I think I burned up about 35 gallons of fuel boating from friday to sunday.
Thrashed the machinery some too.
The Michigan Hot Boats meets are similar.
Drag boat racer, Are you the guy with the Allison that had the front and back single seats? I never caught your name.
Deuce's dad, I recall seeing only one flatbottom there. I think he was running a small block.
Mark

kp216
07-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Cas
Great pictures so far! This one, IMO, takes the cake though.
Great picture!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/523specta-med.jpg
Cas - I did some checking of Omega's pics because I wanted to make sure before I posted, but... that's me!!:D

AmericanThunder1
07-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Texas Jet

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
07-26-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by AmericanThunder1
Texas Jet
F U C K I N' sweet!
Omega

Cas
07-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Kev,
I was thinking that was you just because there's another pic that seems to be just before the bridge that appears to be you. Great Job! :)
DBRacer,
After putting on a couple of these outings myself, I've come to the conclusion there are at least 2 types of people. The ones that can go with the flow and the ones that need guidance. I've tried it both ways and it seems most people like less guidance and more free time to do as they please.
Given the name you go by and the comment you made about a "drivers meeting", you might be looking for some racing.
As stated before, Due to insurance reasons, the LBBA does not promote, organize, support or advertise any kind of racing, poker runs or any other activety that may invoke unsafe speeds at any of it's events.
The LBBA and any of it's functions are for social gatherings only.
Anyway, as Ken said, next year's roost is already being talked about and planned. There will be a few changes so it can go a little better for all. :)

AmericanThunder1
07-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Went well for me I had a blast!!!!!!!!!!

dragboatracer
07-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Cas, Just because the name says dragboatracer, doesnt mean i am looking for racing. Yes I have been racing on a circuit for 8 years, and used the drivers meeting loosely. If you are going to post and get something started, the least thing that could be done is have some sort of plan for those who traveled a long way. The only reason I go to diferent lakes and make so many friends at places other than my "stomping grounds" is because of the soap opera bull sh-t of IM faster than you and not "hey lets have a beer. " I think that a lot of people are taking what i posted the wrong way. Back to the racing statement, My hats off to all the people that made FAST passes for the entertainment of others, Thank you for being safe and wearing life jackets. I couldnt believe how many LIFELINE jackets were being worn, and a helmet. One thing i could care less about is seeing someone mouth about how fast they are, not take precautions and have an accident, trust me i have seen more wrecks at the races and it changes the attitude of going fast when you see something like that. But anyway, everyone will have an opinion, and i posted because of the feedback i got.

dragboatracer
07-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Unchained, name is derek.... nice meeting you that weekend and you definately have a wicked setup...

Ken F
07-29-2004, 04:35 AM
Dereck,
I appreciate you posting your opinions.
I've not personally heard anything negative, but possibly people have not said anything, or at least to me.
What would help, would be for people to post what they would like to see changed or improved for next year.....so post up!!
I'm willing to listen to any suggestions, and do what we can to impliment changes for the improvement of the roost.
I know that I was a little lacking at times due to two seperate boat problems, one friday, and another Saturday afternoon, when my boat stranded me in Arkansas, and I had to hitch a ride back to EagleRock, get the trailer, and head back down after it, causing me to be late getting the dinner underway for which I appologize. I just couldn't stand to have my new boat beached in Arkansas with no-one there to watch it for me.

Cas
07-29-2004, 02:36 PM
DB,
We are all still new to this organizing an event thing. Even though I've been doing it for about 4 years now, I'm still learning a lot. The tough part is trying to please everyone which is almost impossible to do. What we did last year was to have a bulletin board at my campsite with a schedule of events for all to see. If someone wanted to do something that was on the board, they did it, if not, they didn't. People would also make plans on their own then ask around to see if anyone else wanted to join in. It worked out pretty good last year so we'll be doing it again in a few weeks.
Ken and I have already talked about a few other things that he may or may not be able to do just because of the logistics of accommodations. It's a learning curve that can take a little time, especially when you're dealing with many people coming from many places.
Ken,
Feel free to use the Tablerock Roost Forum over on the LBBA site for suggestions. It might be a little better place to do it than here?
LBBA Forums (http://p210.ezboard.com/bclassic***boats)
I know it's worked out to be a lot easier to put all the info in one place for me.

Unchained
07-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Ken F
I know that I was a little lacking at times due to two seperate boat problems, one friday, and another Saturday afternoon, . [/B]
Not at all Ken, It was a great time and nothing was lacking.
Like a lot of events someone may attend, you get out of it what you put into it.
My wife liked meeting everyone which was good because she usually isn't a hard core boater. She really liked talking to your wife and your Dad as well as Shirley and many others.
I think Steve's idea of the bulletin board is a good one.
There were some people that I would have liked to talk to some more but you only have so much time in a couple days.
I didn't get a chance to talk much to the guy with the black Cheyenne but that boat looked and sounded like a screamer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523dan2-med.jpg
Does he post here on Hot Boat ?
I was real impressed with Okie Dave's boat, you don't meet many people who build their own hull.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/523okiedave-med.jpg
The question I have is, Where was Infomaniac ?

dragboatracer
07-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Ken and cas, i would volunteer time to help organize the next roost, and please dont take any of this the wrong way, i am only speaking what feed back i got from other people that didnt want to say anything because they have made friends with everyone. Ken, you of all people should know that i speak my mind and dont sugar coat anything. I want more than anything to see this thing grow to be a big deal, especialy if a few more more outboards show up. I hate being the minority having an outboard BUT.... there ain't nothing like hearing that scream behind ya.............7000rpm's is good, 8000rpm's is even better, 9000 is great, but 10,000 is like all the beer you can drink with a whole bunch of bikini models pawing at cha' LONG LIVE A MERCURY OUTBOARD!!!!!!!! and please, i beg ya, dont make me ROOST the bridge with the canoe and the merc 9.9 horse. it would only be embarrasing to JETS, V-drives, and anything on the water. Damn, my wife said to stop talking about the canoe, Hell, i cant even trailer race with her looking over my shoulder. sorry guys, my wife says i have to log off, cant play any more right now, maybe tomorrow.......dang.......Derek and Lani

Cas
07-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Ahhh, I understand now, you run an outboard so I guess I need to talk real slow...... :D :D :cool:
I don't often take things the wrong way and I can take constructive criticism. I'm pretty sure we all would love to get this whole thing running like a finely tuned Big Block ;)
4 years ago when I first started the LBBA, it was my vision to have a few gatherings each year all over the place. It was also a thought to run them all pretty much the same to make it easier on anyone that wanted to organize an outing.
After Todd had one in Idaho and then Ken at Tablerock last year, I realized they would all be a little because of the accommodations alone. We might be able to come up with a few standardized things but each outing will definitely need to be customized to each situation.
If you're willing to help out, you'll need to talk to Ken or you might consider doing one earlier in the year? In any case, you'll probably need to speak with Ken about it. Since I'm in CA and I'm not familiar with the situations back there, it's tough to help out from here.

Ken F
07-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Mark,
The guy with the Black Cheyenne is Dan Simmerly, and yes, he and his wife are GREAT people. He posts here some, but not too often. For the life of me, I can't think at the moment what his screenname is.
Like you, we really enjoyed meeting you and your wife, and it is a shame that there wasn't more time. Dad, Emm and I all commented how much we enjoyed meeting the two of you too. To me, that is the only down side to these kind of things....you meet people who you would really like to get to know better, and just don't get much of an opportunity.
Okie Dave is another.
Dereck, If you want to help with next year, I would really appreciate it. It's getting to the point where it's almost more than one person can comfortably handle. Why don't you get the Joplin guys organized and all join the LBBA?
That might be a good start, and would get some more outboards there.
Ken

Jake W
07-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Ken Dan Simmerlys name on hear is Blade.
Okiedave all so has a 18 gullwing mold too must be good to be able to build your self a new boat when you get tired of the old one.
It sucks I have missed both of these boat was just not ready in time .I will be lucky if I can get it put togeather by winter.
Jake

dragboatracer
07-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Ken, if you need any help i would be glad to help, Cas, finely tuned big block???? oh you must mean a finely tuned big block outboard?! the big block jonrudes werent that great of a motor compared to the littler blocked outboards..... Kidding, like ive said before, dont make me drag out the 9.9 hp merc on the canoe, dont want to outrun the big blocked boats.......

Cas
07-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by dragboatracer
oh you must mean a finely tuned big block outboard?!
ummmm, no......that thought never crossed my mind :D :rolleyes:

AmericanThunder1
07-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey Ken and Unchained Dans name on the board is "Blade" yes he was very cool. I talked to him a lot over the weekend and learned a lot too.
I might have some sad news I might be selling AmericanThunder. but hopefully before the next roost I am seriously thinking about looking into that 21ft Gator Aluminum.
time will tell but in the mean time my ass is on the water tomarrow:frown: :D

PlyaPlya22
07-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Sounds like fun. wish we lived out your way:cool:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-02-2004, 04:08 AM
we need more outboards at next years event for mosquito control.:D
As for the orginization of the event. I felt it was as good as could be expected or possible for that matter. I didn't feel lost or leftout all weekend. and for $25 I felt I got a hell of a deal on Saturday nights entertainment. bottom line was tablerock roost was probably the best boat outing I have ever experienced. I will definitely be there next year and hopefully have more folks in tow. I am already trying to talk a few more jet boaters down here into making the pull next year, kinda like a jetboat convoy:)
Thanks again for a wonderful weekend Ken and Emm.:)
Omega

Cas
08-02-2004, 02:40 PM
hey Omega, hop on a plane and join us at Tower Park in 3 weeks or catch a ride with Ken on his way by TX :D
That goes for anyone else out there too :)

PlyaPlya22
08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
sounds like fun, wish I was closer:(

shoalrunner
08-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Hey Ken, How's it going? Just wanted to let you know that I have a CD disk with 75 or 80 pics on it. Be happy to send them to you if you send me an e-mail. Some were the ones that were posted on here earlier, but have a lot of others taken from the boats from the Rolla area.
Great party!!!!!!!!!!

Blade1
08-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Been pretty busy havent had much time to get on computer.We had a great time, met a bunch of really nice people,good to put faces with the names,there were a lot of nice boats,Ken you should be really proud of yours it really came out nice.had a good time on the sandbar Saturday,wish i could have went up to the bridge,i just dont have enough fuel onboard to get far and PLAY and get back.Anyway cant wait till next year.We just had our annual boat race on the Gasconade River here in Missouri, I think the fans got a really good show, the competition was really close. we ran DBL eliminations on a 1000ft track, i believe this year were the fastest boats so far, my passes were 2 at 101 mph, 1 at 103 and 1 at 104 mph,and there were several there faster.Congradulations to Mike Strothkamp of Spring Bluff for winning "TOP DOG" HE WAS TURNING 107+ in 1000 ft. Not bad for a bunch of Hill billys from MISSOURI!!eh!!LOL!!!!

Ken F
08-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Cheyenne Dan~
Congrats on the 104 pass! Bet you surprised a bunch of folks eh? LOL
Wish you would have let me know when it was going on! I would have liked to come.
Ken F

Unchained
08-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Here's what I was doing the evening before we went to the Table Rock meet.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/220Blarneyislandsinker.jpg
Here's the yellow boat in better days.
http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/pictures/ARSMarine.jpg
George just sent me the top picture today.
Doesn't give you a lot of confidence when they're pulling one guys boat off the bottom as your going out to make a run.
The race course is rough there because its in the middle of the lake.
Those paper thin hulls want to break up.

Ken F
08-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Mark,
Your top picture didn't come through for some reason....
Ken

sleekcrafter
08-30-2004, 07:10 AM
Ken try it again it seems to work fine.
Chuck

Ken F
08-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Nope, it will load the bottom pic, but the top one just gets a red "X" along with Marks avitar....go figure. Hit reload several times, no luck.
Ken

ARS Marine inc.east
08-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Ken its the Same Pic that I have put on the MOST AIRED OUT BOAT page
I had to send it to mark so he could down size it for me .It was something like a 1.5 meg File
He also put it on the Hot Boat picture forum

Ken F
08-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Okay, thanks I'll check there. Just cant finger out why one will show up and not the other.

Jet Hydro
08-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Unchained I was doing the same thing on Saturday of the Table Rock meet. This guy got his last air ride. http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1020452.JPG

Carnivalride
09-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Looks like a really cool deal! I used to run around a lot on Table Rock and stay at Eagle Rock, Campbell point and a few others until my wife's friend picked up a resort around Shell Knob.
Now for the questions:
I assume this is open to v-drives too?
Where is the nearest place to get av-gas?
When is it next year?
Is there any mailing, e-mail list to get on so I don't miss it again?
Is there some sort of sanctioned racing if so what are the classes and rules?
Thanks,
Loren

kp216
09-29-2004, 06:10 AM
Hey Carnival - I'm sure Ken will respond to this as well, but I'll give it a shot in the meantime.
Last year, which was the first Tablerock Roost, we had it at Shell Knob. I'm not sure when or where it will be next year.
As for your questions, here goes...
V-drives? Yep! Anything goes. You don't have to have a jetboat!
Nearest place for av-gas? I'm not sure. I brought my own this year.
When is it next year? Not sure yet. Just keep checking here, www.laidbackboaters.com and at www.banderlog.com since those sites are where you'll find most of the information.
Racing? Nope. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The Laid Back Boaters Association can not be affiliated with any racing activities for liability reasons. There were some real hard passes made (100+ mph by both jets and whakkas :rollside: ) but they were just individual passes. This event is more of a get together and just hang out having fun.
Keep your eye and ear tuned here and the other sites to see when the next one will be. Look forward to meeting you next year! :D

Carnivalride
09-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Kevin,
Thanks for the update I'm gonna try and make it next year! :cool::cool::cool: I understand the liability for racing I just saw the one picture with the guy suited up and what looked like the recovery crew pulling out a sunken boat. :messedup::messedup::messedup: Mines 95% lake boat and I'll have the kids with me anyway. :smile::smile::smile:
Loren

switchin'addiction
09-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Not a jet, but you can count me in for next year. Would have been there this year, but I already had a vacation planned that the little lady wouldn't let me out of it.

Cas
09-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Racing? Nope. Nada. Zip. Zilch. The Laid Back Boaters Association can not be affiliated with any racing activities for liability reasons. There were some real hard passes made (100+ mph by both jets and whakkas :rollside: ) but they were just individual passes. This event is more of a get together and just hang out having fun.
Keep your eye and ear tuned here and the other sites to see when the next one will be. Look forward to meeting you next year! :D
Thanks Kevin! It's good to see people letting others know what the LBBA is about. :)

Cas
02-16-2005, 09:38 AM
figured I'd bump this back to the top to help cure some wintertime dulldrums :)

switchin'addiction
02-19-2005, 08:05 AM
It helps doesn't it. I know I have personally looked through these pics at least a dozen times or so this winter.

AmericanThunder1
03-14-2005, 11:17 PM
I sure will miss you guys at 05, I made a move out here to Idaho Falls, Idaho I won custody of my son and needed a change. Thanks for all your help and support out there in the midwest you all are great people. I look forward to seeing all your pics this year.

kp216
03-15-2005, 04:48 AM
American Thunder - We'll miss you at The Roost, but you have bigger fish to fry.
It's great to hear you have custody of your son. Raise him well! :D