PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend in NE Oklahoma.

buck183
04-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Our first choice, and everyone would know why, is always LOTO for any summer Holiday Weekend. The money isn't there this year for a trip up there for us.
Of the three lakes that we frequent it looks like the best overall choice for a weekend party is Tenkiller.
Beaver is our first choice for an average weekend with the family. Cleaner water and awesome scenery. But not much going on there anymore with the crackdown they've had lately.
Grand just can't hang anymore when it comes to the party seen compared to Tenkiller. Not to mention Grand really looks more and more like a sespool every year.
So....anyone gonna be at Tenkiller at their party area for Memorial Day weekend? Looks like we're bringing about 6 boats with us. If it's anything like the party they had there Labor Day weekend it should be worth it.
Buck

buck183
04-03-2003, 09:37 PM
HMMM?? I guess all the people on here from NE Oklahoma either moved or their not going to the lake that weekend?
Buck

Posey
04-04-2003, 05:12 AM
Buck,
I'll probably do my thing at Grand Memorial weekend. But would like to check out Tenkiller. Where is the best place to go?
Posey

Well Done
04-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Buck, where do you party on Tenkiller? We boat mostly on Ft. Gibson and have traveled to Eufaula. The Cut near the Dam on Eufaula is great. Lots of sand and you know what!! I might consider going to tenkiller but know nothing about the lake or gathering areas.

buck183
04-04-2003, 06:46 AM
I don't know much about the lake. Our trip there last year was the first time I had been there in over 10 years. We put in at a camp ground called Chicken Creek or Chicken something. The cove was directly across the lake from this campground.
I was quite surprised at the amount of activity at this cove. Believe it or not, Dripping Springs at Grand doesn't hold a candle to this. Don't get me wrong, it's still small potatoes compared to LOTO on a holiday weekend. But it's the best alternative for the area.
Buck

Seadog
04-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Chicken Creek is south of Cookson on 82. Turn at Chicken Creek Rd. For more info check Tenkiller web site (http://www.tenkiller.net)

cowboymorgan30
04-04-2003, 09:22 AM
Tenkiller has a great party cove, We used to go to Eufala, but we tried Tenkiller last year, and so were going back this year. Already got the spot reserved.

superV
04-04-2003, 12:24 PM
Posey:
Buck,
I'll probably do my thing at Grand Memorial weekend. But would like to check out Tenkiller. Where is the best place to go?
Posey LOTO :D

Posey
04-04-2003, 12:55 PM
superV:
Posey:
Buck,
Posey LOTO :D Would like to check out LOTO this year, just have to see how things go$$$

buck183
04-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Posey:
superV:
Posey:
Buck,
Posey LOTO :D Would like to check out LOTO this year, just have to see how things go$$$ It would be $$$ well spent IMO.
Buck

beyondhelpin
04-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Dont know where yet but I will proablly be out on Tekiller this year at Memorial Weekend with a group of 4 or 5 boats.
[ April 04, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: beyondhelpin ]

Posey
04-05-2003, 05:43 AM
buck183:
Posey:
superV:
Posey:
Buck,
Posey LOTO :D Would like to check out LOTO this year, just have to see how things go$$$ It would be $$$ well spent IMO.
Buck Mr. LOTO, Where do you suggest?

buck183
04-05-2003, 03:40 PM
[/QUOTE]It would be $$$ well spent IMO.
Buck [/qb][/QUOTE]Mr. LOTO, Where do you suggest? [/QB][/QUOTE]
What do you mean? Where would I suggest staying at on the lake? Or which lake to go to?
Buck

Posey
04-06-2003, 11:32 AM
buck183:
It would be $$$ well spent IMO.
Buck [/b][/QUOTE]Mr. LOTO, Where do you suggest? [/QB][/QUOTE]
What do you mean? Where would I suggest staying at on the lake? Or which lake to go to?
Buck [/QB][/QUOTE]I think things kinda got screwed up! I was just wondering where was the best place to go on Tenkiller and the next thing I know we are talking LOTO :confused:

buck183
04-06-2003, 06:16 PM
LOL...I'm gonna leave out all the quotes, I think things got a little cofusing.
Someone said "LOTO" and put a smiley face after it. Then you said you would like to go there this year but you had to see how the $$$$ went. I replied saying "it you be money well spent". That's it.
As far as the best place to go on Tenkiller. I don't know much about the lake. Don't spend much time there. It's not my first choice for lakes on the weekend with the family due to the distance it is from me. But it is a good place to go party a little on a holiday weekend. The cove they party at is directly across the lake from a campground called Chicken Creek. Seadog gave some directions that may help a little. Better than anything I could do for directions.
Hope this helps?
Buck

Posey
04-07-2003, 04:51 AM
Buck,
Thanks for the info, sorry about the mix up. I'll see ya on the lake!
Posey

Seadog
04-07-2003, 10:47 AM
I came upon a real interesting web site that has panned views of Tenkiller. Check out Vitual Tenkiller. (http://virtualtenkiller.com) One of these days, I will probably check Tenkiller out from on the water, but it adds a couple of hours more each way, than going to Grand, and I would have to also take the RV and pay for a campsite. Right now, I just go to the area for canoe trips when I don't want to do Noel.
[ April 07, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

buck183
04-07-2003, 06:17 PM
Posey:
Buck,
Thanks for the info, sorry about the mix up. I'll see ya on the lake!
Posey I look forward to it!
Buck

Posey
04-08-2003, 04:49 AM
Seadog:
I came upon a real interesting web site that has panned views of Tenkiller. Check out Vitual Tenkiller. (http://virtualtenkiller.com) One of these days, I will probably check Tenkiller out from on the water, but it adds a couple of hours more each way, than going to Grand, and I would have to also take the RV and pay for a campsite. Right now, I just go to the area for canoe trips when I don't want to do Noel. Seadog,
Cool website,looks like a nice lake. I've haven't been down there to check it out. I'm like you as far as adding a few hrs. to get there, besides I don't have a rv just a tent :rolleyes: I'll see ya on Grand.
Posey