PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota ***boaters?

XTRM22
08-19-2003, 01:23 PM
Help!! I have been proising my wife to take her to visit her aunt and uncle for 2 years, back in May I said ok get plane tickets for labor day weekend (so I can keep my vacation time for Havasu). Now it's just like a week away and I can't believe I'm not going to be boating. Thursday night we fly into Minneapolis, then Friday drive to Bmidji (sp)(north of St. Cloud) are there any lakes close by there with performance boats for me to see? Hot boating has become an addiction and I ain't quite ready for the 12 step plan! Any suggestions?
Chuck

jockorace
08-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Hey Chuck,
Sounds like you'll be a bit too far north for any '***boatS'. Your best bet would be to get down around the Brainerd area lakes, which is about halfway between Bimidji and St. Cloud. Probably the BEST spot would be a place called THE WHARF, located on the connector (no wake zone)from Rush Lake to Cross Lake. These lakes are part of what is the Whiefish Clain of Lakes. Since you won't have a boat, you can sit at an outside table on the grass and just watch the procession of boats going by. Lots of larger ***boatS, however nothing like Havasu, Parker, etc.
If you do happen to get near this area, call my cell # 763-221-0363 and I'll meet you. Unfortunately, I'll only have my tournament boat, since I think I hurt my bearings with some detonation on the Eliminator. Oil pressure now about 1/2 what it should be, so I'm calling it a season and pulling the motor this week.
I see that you are a Construction Manager. I do the same thing in St. Cloud.
Anyway, have fun with the relatives!
Dave
A week earlier and you could have toured CrossLake in this. Oh well. http://daytona v-drive 6 I don't think the photo attachment worked. Just check out my gallery in the Image Center.

KAPTAIN KIRK
08-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Have no idea how far from you this is.
But in hayward wisconsin on that weekend there will be a big gathering of ***boats doing some side by side running:)
I believe on saturday...is the big day.
When I find the link to the news I will post here.
K.K.

81Nordic
09-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Are you talking about Lac Courte Oreilles in Hayward WI? I heard they had something going on Sat 9/1.