PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat's In Tx.

Jetty 468
02-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Well many moon's ago I spoke of starting a boat club here , well we have one now here in West Tx. ( Lubbock Tx. ) anyone want to know more about it get back to me thank's Jetty :D

wsm9808
02-03-2003, 05:29 PM
OK, where is everybody?? I know Jetty and I are not the only boaters in Texas. Lets get this thing rolling.

SCOOTE69
02-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Im in dallas. Count me in!

Jetty 468
02-03-2003, 06:56 PM
wsm9808:
OK, where is everybody?? I know Jetty and I are not the only boaters in Texas. Lets get this thing rolling. Make's you wonder huh ?? Did you send your's in yet ?

Jetty 468
02-03-2003, 06:59 PM
SCOOTE69:
Im in dallas. Count me in! That's what I'm talking about ,another boater that know's nothing YET but say's hell yes I'm in :D I will E-mail you if your e-mails here if not I will PM thank's
Jetty

Tim_T
02-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Whats going on in west texas? Im down for a weekend trip this year. Let me know whats up.
Tim

blondebomber
02-05-2003, 12:22 PM
I'm moving to San Antonio this summer. I'm game for something.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/boattrailer1.JPG

squirtboat
02-05-2003, 03:21 PM
I live south of Fort Worth, I'm ready for some.......................

BigDaddy
02-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Hey guys there are allot of us here in Texas and in North central Texas we have started a small thing around here and are trying to get together at the brazos this summer some time.
I will try to get them to respond to this thread if I can. I know Badboat1 is here in the Dallas area and several others.
look forward to meeting all of you and getting together some time this year.

vdrivenman
02-05-2003, 04:59 PM
down here on the Gulf Coast Texas/La border.
if it is some where central will try & make the pull!!

Jetty 468
02-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Where you been B.D. ? Good to here that you have some happening's coming up. I grew up in Dallas and have spent mucho time on Lake Lewisville is East Hill still a hot spot ? Keep me updated with what you have going and we will drag some boat's down there !! We will be making Snowman's party at the end of the yr. I think I read a old post that you were going this yr. is that right ? Them Dam okies will be coming again with them sloooooooow boat's ( huh Info. )

blowngas
02-05-2003, 05:39 PM
blondebomber:
I'm moving to San Antonio this summer. I'm game for something.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/boattrailer1.JPG wink when you get there, check out the action on lake medina---lots of good guys have some jet boat action going on most always

Badboat1
02-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I'am in, what area are you in squirt boat I'am in south FT.Worth
Badboat1

Water Rocket
02-06-2003, 03:29 AM
Count me in! I'm behind the pine curtin! Tyler that is! I hold two Poker runs each summer on Lake Tyler, It's not a race, but a game of chance! All watercrafts are welcome!
SDBA first race is in Waco, April 25,26 & 27th! All boats are welcome, only need safty gear and rope deflector. There are two River Racer class's, 13 second and 12 second, Plus 11,10,9,8, and a 7 second class for you bad ass boys!
Here is the link... http://sdbaracing.com
[ February 06, 2003, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: Water Rocket ]

blondebomber
02-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Water Rocket
I'll be in Tyler this summer with my boat. Maybe we can hook up before I move down to San Antonio.

Liberator TJ1984
02-06-2003, 08:28 AM
B.B. give us a holler a little further South :D
Gopherrr

cookieman
02-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Hello this is cookieman from southwest Fort Worth (Lake Granbury)and as Big Daddy has eluded to that we to are trying to get somthing going here in the DFW area. I have discussed with BD that maybe we could pick one weekend a month and choose from the many lakes that we have in this area and have a get together. We need to meet just to put a face and boat to a name. I went to the snowmans meet last Oct. and that is where I had to find me a picklefork. Hopefully everyone can keep in touch somehow and we can get something going this year. I plan to make both of the south Texas jetfest. We are open for ideas and suggetsions from anyone that is interested. Let's make plans now before spring gets here. Hope to hear some replys from everyone. Nothing like a group of people with a common interest(hot boats, cold beer,and.........)later Cookieman

Water Rocket
02-09-2003, 09:30 AM
BlondBomber! If ya get down to Tyler, Look me up! (903)561-MIKE I keep my boat on Lake Tyler, we have lot's of smooth water, No speed or sound limits! Cops are kool! Check out our marina at www.reunionharbor.com (http://www.reunionharbor.com)

Water Rocket
02-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Ya'll want to race? Then come to SDBA's race's!
2003 SDBA Race Venue Schedule
2003 SCHEDULE UPDATE
April 25*, 26, & 27 Waco, TX
May 31 & June 1 Brady, TX **
June 14 & 15 Ft.Worth TX
June 28 & 29 Waco, TX ***
July 12 &13 Wichita, KS **
August 8*, 9, & 10 Marble Falls, TX ***
August 16 & 17 Cleburne, TX **
August 23 & 24 Chouteau, OK ***
August 30 & 31 Pine Bluff, AR
September 13 & 14 Bryan, TX
* Test & Tune Date.
** Co-Points Event SDBA Hosting.
*** Co-Points Event IHBA Div. 2 Hosting.

jeffro
02-09-2003, 07:07 PM
hey guys
i'm in - that is if you'll let an old junky carlson hang out with all the hot boats... :D
big daddy, i live right north of you - we should get together for a cold beer. smile_sp
you guys can email me or call me - info's in the profile.
later :cool:

wsm9808
02-09-2003, 07:51 PM
How about PK for the 4th of july weekend, at Hells Gate.
What is a good weekend to come to lake Lewisville, we are wanting to boat on that lake one weekend this summer.

Jetty 468
02-10-2003, 05:41 AM
wsm9808:
What is a good weekend to come to lake Lewisville, we are wanting to boat on that lake one weekend this summer. P.K. sound's good to me for the fourth ! Now Big Daddy give us the input on Lewisville !!!!! :D

wsm9808
02-10-2003, 05:41 PM
We have reservations at PK lodge the 4th of July weekend already. You have to book way ahead of time to get a room at any of the lake front lodges. We tryed to book Sandy Beach Lodge for the 4th last labor day weekend while we were down there, and it was already booked full!
Any of you dallas/FtWorth boaters go to PK on the 4th of july?
[ February 10, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: wsm9808 ]

sdba069
02-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Hey,I've heard rumors of a couple of hot rod boats hanging out on Lake Whitney.Now I can't prove it,it's just a rumor.Hey Badboat,I might actually have time for a little lake boating this year,imagine that.Hey Water Rocket,who are you.Jetty 468,if you had made it down to Plowman's the last couple of years,you'd be in the Brazos River Rat Association.Badboat and I are members in good standing.

sdba069
02-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Just a reminder,my Mirage Jet drag boat is still for sale,minus motor.I think there are several on this forum who have seen it run,and will confirm that it hauls and is a very nice boat.Just a reminder.......

Jetty 468
02-13-2003, 06:06 AM
sdba069:
Hey,I've heard rumors of a couple of hot rod boats hanging out on Lake Whitney.Now I can't prove it,it's just a rumor.Hey Badboat,I might actually have time for a little lake boating this year,imagine that.Hey Water Rocket,who are you.Jetty 468,if you had made it down to Plowman's the last couple of years,you'd be in the Brazos River Rat Association.Badboat and I are members in good standing. That's funny I heard about those rumor's also but surely it's just a rumor ????? Good standing huh , come on now !! I'm going to come on down this yr. and bring as many as I can with me . Is the little Cole still over there ??

blondebomber
02-13-2003, 09:41 AM
water rocket I'll give you a call when I get to Tyler. It's looking like I'll be there the first week in June. My mother has a lake hous at lake Palistine. But I like lake Tyler better not as many stumps.

sdba069
02-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey Kev..........Which little Cole are you referring to ,the TR-4? Don't forget.........NASCAR in Ft. Worth.......Just got my confirmation back on the camp sites......Are you going this year????????

Jetty 468
02-13-2003, 09:51 PM
sdba069:
Hey Kev..........Which little Cole are you referring to ,the TR-4? Don't forget.........NASCAR in Ft. Worth.......Just got my confirmation back on the camp sites......Are you going this year???????? I have no ticket's , got some room ???????????

Jetty 468
02-13-2003, 09:54 PM
You said Nascar and I went blank !! The Cole that you e-mailed me on Got Jet , white with blue and yellow !

BigDaddy
02-14-2003, 11:17 PM
Hey Guys Just about any weekend is a good weekend at Lewisville Lake with Two Large Marinas and Bars with Live bands every weekend (Sneeky Petes & Peir 121) you can allways find a good time and as usual Party cove is allways fun and full.
I like to launch at Stewarts Penesuala in the colony but I will go to whatever ramp youall want to. it is better to launch by Hickory Creek off I135 just north of the Bridge on I135 north of lewisville if rough water is a problem that is the closest to party cove and allways smooth there except in storms etc.
Butt like I was telling everyone I think we should go to the River (Brazos) around Chisolm Park very nice place to camp and lots of shade,Fresh water,camps sites,Playground,no Police,to speak of we can have run of the park and drive on the Grass if we want to. any way I am still looking for a motor for Boat I need a 455 olds used.
Hey Randy Call me if you get time need to ask ya something I have left messages for you but never call me back.

BigDaddy
02-14-2003, 11:20 PM
jeffro:
hey guys
i'm in - that is if you'll let an old junky carlson hang out with all the hot boats... :D
big daddy, i live right north of you - we should get together for a cold beer. smile_sp
you guys can email me or call me - info's in the profile.
later :cool: hey Jeffro lets Hook up sometime call me
972-712-5521
hey yall check out this site for more info on Texas Jetters
http://groups.msn.com/Texasjettinfamilyandfriends/_whatsnew.msnw
[ February 14, 2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: BigDaddy ]

rrrr
02-15-2003, 09:14 AM
I need to finish the world's slowest project. I should have my Howard flattie back together by April. I'm buying an old beater flat this week too so I can practice scaring myself LOL.
We have a place on Lake Lavon, it's a good lake to go fast on, not very crowded. Every Wednesday evening in the summer people come out to play with jets and flats, a couple of cats too. The attendance has been kinda slow the last couple of years though.
We also have a big bowrider and like to parasail off the island. If you guys get tired of fighting the crowds on Lewisville come on over. Of course 50% of those crowds are just whatcher lookin' for, right? :D

sdba069
02-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Hey Big Daddy........I just came up with a Rochelle with an Olds of some kind in it.I plan on putting a Chevy in it so the Olds could be had cheap.The motor is supposed to be good but I don't know that for sure.You know how to get in touch with me.I talked to Randy last night.He's had a lot going on.I still want to know who Water Rocket is............

TX flat
02-16-2003, 12:56 AM
WSm 9808!!!
hello saw your post on lake lewisville. My wife and I are regulators
there. Ever weekend is a good weekend, so come up. we have kick $ss party cove there. Sights for all eyes hehe.
Plenty of boats too. Any time you want to come up send a e-mail and we
will try and hook up. There is about 7 boats of our friends that hang
together so the more the merrier. We have 2 boats and one we spend the
whole weekend there on and 1 we ski with. When we go for the weekend we
put in and stay on till Sun night. So If your ever up this way let us
know
Doug And Leslie Criswell Ft Worth TX

Badboat1
02-16-2003, 07:17 AM
Here are a few pics from party cove
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN0483.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN2254.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN4782.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN4865.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN5113.JPG
Badboat1

Badboat1
02-16-2003, 07:20 AM
Missed one
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSCN3761.JPG
TxFlat give me a call sometime
Badboat1

sdba069
02-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey Kev........I still have the Cole jet.I got some pics and I'll get them downloaded and sent to you.

wsm9808
02-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Hi doug, thanks for the invite. It is always more fun to meet up with some people when we go out of town. None of our friends around here boat, and cant understand why we haul all the way across the state every couple of weekends to go boating. I'll try to keep in touch, and we'll figure out what weekend we are coming over that way. I dont think I have any pics of our boat on the forum here, but there is a pic of the wife and I over on the "show us your mugs" thread, page three, I think.
Scott&Kara

Water Rocket
02-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Badboat1, Where is this famed Party Cove? I'm all over that kind of action!
Big Daddy, How is lake lewisville on small boats? I heard the Baja's, Donzis and such are huge. Is there someplace or someway to get away from the big swampers?

BigDaddy
02-21-2003, 05:34 PM
sdba069:
Hey,I've heard rumors of a couple of hot rod boats hanging out on Lake Whitney.Now I can't prove it,it's just a rumor.Hey Badboat,I might actually have time for a little lake boating this year,imagine that.Hey Water Rocket,who are you.Jetty 468,if you had made it down to Plowman's the last couple of years,you'd be in the Brazos River Rat Association.Badboat and I are members in good standing. Hey Gary how do ya become a Member of the River Rat Association or is there a Size Requirement HAHAHA any way Had a Blast at the river with ya and the BBQ was Awesome Thanks Allot see ya this Year for it again hopefully my Barge will be running so I can do some Trolling. Take Care

BigDaddy
02-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Water Rocket:
Badboat1, Where is this famed Party Cove? I'm all over that kind of action!
Big Daddy, How is lake lewisville on small boats? I heard the Baja's, Donzis and such are huge. Is there someplace or someway to get away from the big swampers? hey Water Rocket yeh there is allot of places to go and get some good water just the other side of party cove and we can park at party cove on the beach very smooth all the other boats block the waves from the lake very nice BadBoat1 has been there he knows what I am talking about he is also a good one to Tow ya if ya Break Down and have to be Towed accross the lake (Me).
any way I am allways at lake lewisville when not going for the weekend so e-mail me when ya go and or i will look for ya at the lake when I am there.

cookieman
02-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Heys Badboat1, Big Daddy, and Garry, I hope to have my boat all back together and running in a few weeks . I can't wait until til we can all get together sowe can start to put some faces and boats to some names. I know this much we should have plenty of water in the laks with the recent rains. Now all we have to do is hope that gas prices don't go up to much more. Big Daddy hurry up and get that motor in so we can see ya at the lake. I guess i will have to make te trip to Leis ville this year to check out the party cove. I know tha Eagle mountain lake has big party in Aug. thatis huge. I have been the last 5 years and it gets bigger each year. Hope to see ya on the lake soon . Later cookieman

BigDaddy
02-22-2003, 05:58 AM
cookieman:
Heys Badboat1, Big Daddy, and Garry, I hope to have my boat all back together and running in a few weeks . I can't wait until til we can all get together sowe can start to put some faces and boats to some names. I know this much we should have plenty of water in the laks with the recent rains. Now all we have to do is hope that gas prices don't go up to much more. Big Daddy hurry up and get that motor in so we can see ya at the lake. I guess i will have to make te trip to Leis ville this year to check out the party cove. I know tha Eagle mountain lake has big party in Aug. thatis huge. I have been the last 5 years and it gets bigger each year. Hope to see ya on the lake soon . Later cookieman Hey you Can rest assured I will be on the lake this year I am just having some set backs with finding work and or selling some stuff but as every one who went to the Plowman creek shindig Knows I dont need my Boat to go but I sure do mis it when it aint there Thats a Fact. Good luck on your New Boat and I look forward to Getting some free Snacks when we do Meet Face to Face.

BlownCole
02-26-2003, 12:57 PM
wsm9808:
Scott,
We have made no plans yet for the 4th, but if I have my way we will be there. Got a lot of other stuff going on right now so who knows. Hopefully we will also get something informal going at Alan Henry as well. Hope all is going well for you and yours.
Tim

wsm9808
02-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Tim, I think Kevin said something about Alan Henry sometime in April. We still have not been there, so I would like to go check it out.

Jetty 468
02-26-2003, 09:34 PM
wsm9808:
Tim, I think Kevin said something about Alan Henry sometime in April. We still have not been there, so I would like to go check it out. Scott Run What You Brung 4-12-03 @ Alan Henry ,You will like the lake and not a bad drive for you ! Can you get me the est. on that machine work I e-mailed you about ??
Kevin

BlownCole
02-27-2003, 05:56 PM
wsm9808:
Tim, I think Kevin said something about Alan Henry sometime in April. We still have not been there, so I would like to go check it out. Scott
That will be great, hope we don't have any extra stuff like B Ball or track going on, so we might see ya there

squirtboat
03-02-2003, 12:25 AM
Hey Snowman, I havent had a chance to test the rebuild on the jet you did for me yet, I cant wait to see what happens when I get everything back together. If your in Granbury stop by.

Water Rocket
03-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Any of you guys want to come to the San Jacinto River (Loves marina then up to Banana bend) this weekend? We will be there with a 1/8 mile track and plenaty of beer and fun! Come on down!
Texas Hot Boat's!

beyondhelpin
03-12-2003, 03:59 PM
BigDaddy
I thought they shut down the partying by Sneaky Petes. I lived in Carrolton for a few months in 96 and before I moved they had pretty much turned it into a dead zone. Someone got run over swimming by a boat out there.

SShammy
03-14-2003, 08:01 AM
ANY BODY FROM EST TEXAS? ME AN D MY BUDS NORMALLY HIT LAKE SAM RYBURN ON THE HOLIDAYS. SNAKE ISLAND GETS PACKED OUT BUT YOU GOTTA WATCH OUT FOR THE PO POS.MEMORIAL DAY IS USALLY PACKED OUT AS IS JULY FOURTH. WE ALSO RUN THE LOWER NECHES RIVER AND SOMEWTIMEDS CRUISE THE INTERCOASTAL TO LAKE CHARLES.

BigDaddy
03-27-2003, 10:18 AM
beyondhelpin:
BigDaddy
I thought they shut down the partying by Sneaky Petes. I lived in Carrolton for a few months in 96 and before I moved they had pretty much turned it into a dead zone. Someone got run over swimming by a boat out there. Hey Beyond They have moved Party cove to the cove when you go east from sneeky petes and north around the point into the cove between Hickory creek at the cut thru that is the new party cove. just look for the Huge Row of boats tied up to each other and it is even better becouse you can park on the beach of the island or anchor close to shore.