PDA

View Full Version : Okie talk...

steve@kps
12-20-2002, 08:28 AM
Okay info.....i'm here..... anyone else?
We should all plan on a meeting sometime at Keystone lake, on a thursday night. So, we can all meet each other and check out lakechic's g-string bikini.. :D :D :D

Infomaniac
12-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Why wait to meet up?
If Thurs evening lake gathering is the place. The first Thurs after Memorial day is when it starts up.
Anyone planning a New Years Party?

steve@kps
12-20-2002, 10:04 AM
New Years Party.........now your talking.
when,where,etc. :D

jetaddict
12-20-2002, 10:06 AM
Just thought I would say hello to ya'all in OK.I am an Okie in heart forever.I grew up in OKC for 18 years.Man I sure miss the nice people back there. Got snow yet? Ice? People are definately different in Cali. No time to help one another. You guy's take care. Later on. :) :) :cool:

steve@kps
12-20-2002, 10:50 AM
Hey, Jetaddict.
Only snowed once, but got a typical hellacious icestorm.... i'm sure there's more in store for us in Feb. and March.
If you ever get back this way, let me know if you need a ride to the lake. I'll take ya anytime.
steve g.

jetaddict
12-20-2002, 01:40 PM
Right on.Right on. :)

Seadog
12-20-2002, 07:46 PM
I'm here. I get to kill time until the 6th. OSU is having us cut costs by taking 3 days leave so they can shut down utiities for the period and save about $200k. A little prep time on the boat, honey do list, family gatherings and a little trip next week to Houston. Let me know when things ar going to happen and I'll try to make it. :)

Infomaniac
12-21-2002, 07:01 AM
steve@kps:
New Years Party.........now your talking.
when,where,etc. :D I thought maybe you were planning one Steve.
I'm off work until The 2nd myself Seadog. They shut down the maintenance base and make everyone take 5 days of vacation or off without pay. I worked for OSU for about 2 weeks and got fired. At the flight dept when if first started up. My daughter attends the Wetherford campus for the Pharmacy program.

steve@kps
12-21-2002, 08:50 AM
sorry Info.
I'm not much on the cold weather. I like to hibernate this time of year. I won't be "planning" anything myself till it gets warm...LOL.
I will plan a barbecue and boat show here at my shop this spring...(how does that sound?) Kinda of a show it off and get fat, kinda thing. :D

Seadog
12-21-2002, 03:40 PM
The bbq sounds great and I'll sure plan on attending. I DON'T NEED ANY HELP ON GETTING FAT THO. I used to hate winter myself, and then my BIL got me hooked on skiing. Thats OK. I hooked him on boating and now he has three boats and a place on Grand. For those who are in the north central, he's the Good News publisher.

BigDaddy
12-21-2002, 05:34 PM
steve@kps:
sorry Info.
I'm not much on the cold weather. I like to hibernate this time of year. I won't be "planning" anything myself till it gets warm...LOL.
I will plan a barbecue and boat show here at my shop this spring...(how does that sound?) Kinda of a show it off and get fat, kinda thing. :D Hey Steve be sure and let me Know when this will be I may Just take the drive up to Okla to say Hey or something any way Yall have a Nice Holiday and Dont Count us North Texans Out of the Festivities HAHAHA

Infomaniac
12-21-2002, 06:05 PM
BigDaddy smelled the Bar-B-Q all the way to Texas.

Badboat1
12-22-2002, 06:31 AM
Ron you said that right Big Daddy has a nose for that BBQ.Hope to make a Okie trip to the lake this summer also.
Badboat1

steve@kps
12-22-2002, 07:40 AM
Hey, bigdaddy, that's one cool avatar..5'er on that one...
badboat1&bigdaddy... you guys are definately welcome! We'll let you know when it happens. even though A&M kicked OU's ass... wink we'll still party with ya. :D
happy holidays to you all..
steve g.

Seadog
12-22-2002, 12:09 PM
BTW, I am going to try to organize an informal cruise from Catoosa to Little Rock. May be in July. I'll post more as I decide the dates. If anyone is interested in joining the group, you will be more than welcome. We will probably have a couple of chase trucks for supply runs.

pgf127rt
12-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Seadog, I would be interested in a deal like that, I have a 28.5 Rinker cruiser and it needs to cruise, I also like the Arkansas River, used to live in Little Rock and Ft. Smith. Keep us advised.

STROKER ACE
12-24-2002, 11:16 AM
Why not Tenkiller?

Seadog
12-29-2002, 09:17 AM
33-23, perfect weather and I had great seats. Plus checked out some boat stores, rode the galveston ferry again and checked out a sub and destroyer. I had a great Christmas. smile_sp

Badboat1
12-29-2002, 02:07 PM
We would need some one to run the tanker for us also.But I want to make it set it up.
Badboat1

Seadog
12-29-2002, 04:58 PM
FYI There is suppose to be marinas about every 60-80 miles. I am going to comfirm the status of them before the date is finalized. I will post info about the general plan this spring. I would like to hear any comments or suggestions.

sdba069
12-29-2002, 07:23 PM
Hey Randy,I guess I could ride with you or Joe Don,you think.I would ride with Info,but I've seen him drive.Anyway Happy New Year to everyone.....
Garry

Sea Esta
12-30-2002, 12:09 PM
Seadog, The wife and I would be interested in participating on a trip like that. Sounds like a good time. Keep us posted.

Infomaniac
12-30-2002, 02:21 PM
We will be in Mrs. Infomaniac's Ultra. Plenty of room.

Badboat1
12-30-2002, 07:30 PM
60-80 miles hell I might make 30 on a good day and light foot.Info bring the tanker to gas me up.
Badboat1

Infomaniac
12-30-2002, 07:42 PM
Randy - Take the 572 out and put in a 275. wink
Better yet you guys ride with us.
Wait a minute. Last I heard, your wife wanted to get rid on the lake rocket and buy a cruiser?
[ December 30, 2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Badboat1
12-30-2002, 07:49 PM
She does want a crusier but going to keep the Jet also.Went and looked at lake houses last week.They are on some good drugs they be out of site.Hell just win the lotto and then lets go to lake front.I want to make it up there if not for the cruise just for a blast at the lakes in OK.I only have been to Texhoma and It is very nice.
Badboat1

Infomaniac
12-30-2002, 07:52 PM
You can buy our Ultra for her and you can give us a ride. Have you seen it?

Badboat1
12-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Yes I have you sent me some pics looks really good.If I get a crusier it will be a cat only way to go.What do you think about the Firehawk and the HTM
Badboat1

pgf127rt
12-30-2002, 08:04 PM
Randy, I think I will pull a fuel barge behind my cruiser, there might be more money in hauling fuel than concrete, whaddya think.

Badboat1
12-30-2002, 08:11 PM
You could probley name your price LOL You take credit cards also. That far of a run might need to take a few sets of valve springs @ 400.00 a set that would break me.Hell maybe get Big Al to take his lake crusier.
Badboat1

Infomaniac
12-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Badboat1:
Yes I have you sent me some pics looks really good.If I get a crusier it will be a cat only way to go.What do you think about the Firehawk and the HTM
Badboat1 You better let her make that choice. You buy her a cruiser that does not have any more room inside than what you have now and niether of you will be happy.
I heard Jimmy threw in the towel recently. Also does she know how much an HTM costs? That is the only one with enough room inside.
[ December 30, 2002, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Badboat1
12-30-2002, 08:29 PM
Yep she knows how much they are and a offshore is still there I talked to American offshore and they did give me a really good price for one less power.So you think JJ is done
Damn Ron get msn mess its free and talk online
tell me and I will send you a link
Badboat1

Infomaniac
12-30-2002, 08:37 PM
I do not like real time things. Especially anything to do with Microsoft.
Heard that from Wyatt. Have you checked into them?
Check your PM

steve@kps
12-31-2002, 07:33 AM
COOL, sounds like we have a bbq, and a trip planned for this summer.
badboat1,i know where an american offshore is. very cool boat. this guy is a friend of mine. heres the website.
www.midwestpowerboats.com (http://www.midwestpowerboats.com)
I should have enough room in the HTM if a couple of people need a ride.
info. here's a pic of our motor.
http://www.keystonepropeller.com/images/htm_motor__frt_view_small.jpg

cowboymorgan30
12-31-2002, 08:38 AM
just checkin in from okc, whats up with this cruise.... sounds cool, I know of some jet boaters from okc that would join in on the trip.

steve@kps
12-31-2002, 10:15 AM
welcome to the boards Cowboymorgan.
so far, here's the scoop........WE ARE GOING TO MAKE INFOMANIAC DO ALL THE WORK AND PAY FOR ALL OF OUR FUEL eek! TO GO DOWN THE RIVER SOMETIME THIS SUMMER, :D :D
sounds like i need to start gathering e-mail addy' and phone numbers.
anyone interested just shoot me an e-mail to : keyprop@hotmail.com
be sure to include # of people, and type of boat, incase some people want to go and don't have a ride.
steve g.

Infomaniac
12-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Thanks for fixing me up Steve.
How about a bigger pic of that engine. Or is that actual size? wink

steve@kps
01-01-2003, 09:21 AM
no prob. info. that's what friends are for. :p
give me a buz next week, and we can discuss this trip.
I think we can make this a pretty big group boating adventure. Right now i know of about 20 plus boat that will go!

Infomaniac
01-01-2003, 09:57 AM
I wonder how many can fit through the locks?

Water Rocket
01-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Any of you Guys ever go to Broken Bow? Maybe we could get a Texas, Ark, OK Run for the sun put together this summer!
I know a lot of guys run there on Memorial Day weekend, But I hold a Poker Run on That weekend every year, (and on the 4th of July).
If any of you guys want to come play, E-mail me and I will put you on the mailing list. You can run anything from Jet Ski's, Barges to Hot boats. "It's not a Race it's a game of chance!" We get between 150 and 200 players, $50.00 per hand, 100% Payback! Woo Hoo!
Happy New year!

Water Rocket
01-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Oh yeah, Poke run is held at Lake Tyler in East Texas!

Water Rocket
01-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Sorry :( Hang over giving me some Avatar problems!

sdba069
01-01-2003, 09:47 PM
No bigger than Lake Tyler is ,you won't need to worry about running out of fuel......

steve@kps
01-02-2003, 06:43 AM
info.
If the average boat is around 22 ft. We could get around 20 boats at a time. But during some bass tournaments i've been in (in the past). I've seen much more than that. It just depends on the mood of the lock master. There are 4 places to tie up to per side, and they usually will allow all the boats to tie off to each other all the way across. It's pretty cool. If we get enough women(naked :D ) I'm sure we could get all the boats in at one time..LOL
waterrocket.
If there are women like that on broken bow. I'M THERE !!!!!!!! :D

Seadog
01-02-2003, 10:26 AM
I did a quick check of my nav maps. Input at Catoosa-mile 444. Out at Willow Beach park just past LT-mile 110.
10 locks
Morinas listed at mile 394, 340, 300, 230, 208, 126.
There are ramps and parks every 10-20 miles.
My calculations would say that we could easily do it in three days one way. The layovers would be at Applegate cove in Kerr and the Russellville park on Dardanelle.. :cool:

pgf127rt
01-02-2003, 01:19 PM
Sea Dog & Steve, evidently the trailers will have to be in Little Rock to pick up the bots right, that will mean we need to co-ordinate the layovers with the tow rig crew so they won't miss the shore party, now I gotta find someone who is dumb enough to drive the truck and miss the cruise, this sounds like a great trip.
What speed are you planning on averaging to complete in the 3 days, the reason for that is my cruiser is comfortable at around 30 and fuel efficient at that speed, but if everyone is going to blast down the river, I had better take the jet, or the outboard. Decisions?

steve@kps
01-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Sea Dog, i would'nt put in at Catoosa, that would be an unsafe area to launch. Especially for some of the larger boats.
Check the mileage from Three forks ramp, at Wagoner, right off HWY 51. Should be able to meet really early on say Sat. morning, drive to ARk, at the marina, spend the night and head back on Sunday. (i think.LOL)
Leaving from 3forks would make it easier for the texas guys coming up.

Seadog
01-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Three Forks is at 392. It might be better to do Brewer Bend Park (368). I do a bit of travel and will check some of these places out before the trip. An option is to have one group make the trip from Catoosa or the Hwy 33 landing (432) and then make it to Brewer Bend or Applegate (340) and set up a camp for the bulk to leave from on Saturday morning.
My proposed speed is 20-25 mph. I fgure 30-60 minutes for locking. This should get us to overnite spots with time to fart around. The overnite locations will have to be coordinated to guarantee enough room. :cool:
[ January 02, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

pgf127rt
01-02-2003, 06:42 PM
SeaDog,I think the 3 day trip is just fine, leave on the 4th of July take out at LR on the 6th and haul back to Texas on Monday, great 4 day weekend, and no furious rush to get there, this is something the wife and I have been dreaming about for years.

Seadog
01-02-2003, 07:05 PM
I think that Kerr and Dardanelle would be the best for the layovers. Both have several camping areas in a general area. The Russellville Marina has slip rentals w/power for the big boats. The possibilities are endless. If we can settle on dates, we can reserve campsites before they get grabbed up.
Of interest to some:
Navigation maps (http://www.swt.usace.army.mil/navigation/navcharts.cfm)
[ January 02, 2003, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Seadog
01-09-2003, 06:44 AM
I couldn't bear to see this topic dying, so I'll lay on some notes here. I am going to Tulsa tomorrow and will try to go by KPS, if I can locate them. I haven't seen Okie Dave around for a while. Last weekend I was going through Skiatook and checked out SMU. Natch, no one was at the shop. I was interested to note a shell there waiting for all the goodies.
I am hoping someone will vote over in the sandbar to give me a clue as to what everyone wants.

steve@kps
01-10-2003, 01:59 PM
hey guys, i've only recieved one e-mail about the dates, etc.
I personally cannot do a 3-4 day trip. I can only do a 2 day trip. But, i don't mind doing a little work to help you guys out.
Just let me know what i can do to help out.
steve g.

pgf127rt
01-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Steve, whatever y'all can come up with will be great, I am game for a 2 day cruise, or a 3, it doesn't matter, I just want to get on the Arkansas, and go.
I need the experience because one of my goals is to go down the Arkansas to the Miss. and go as far as the money allows.

Showin Tail
01-23-2003, 08:50 PM
Hello Board. I live in pryor and boat alittle of everywhere. I may be interested in the ark river trip this summer. Done a short trip from Musk to Ft smith before and it was fun! I have a good ark river navagation book that really details the river and history.

Seadog
01-23-2003, 09:08 PM
Welcome, the subject has been quiet for now, but after the Tulsa Boat Show, I hope to get a potential date set.

beyondhelpin
02-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey guys sounds like fun but let me give a few words of advise. My brother just made the trip last July. He was going to put in at Catossa but had to put in on Kerr because of the I-40 bridge accident. From Kerr to Willow Bend Campgrounds in Little Rock and it took him 10 hours. Positivly get a navigation channel map and pay attention or you might wind up high and dry. Debri can be a problem also. They ran into an area, about a mile long that was just saturated with drift wood. Had to idle thru and push logs out of the way.
My dad lives on one of the private lakes that used to be the old river channel eons ago and we were going down to a family reunion so I dragged his trailer down for him just in case. Well just in case happened. His water pick up pulled in some debri and he lost his water pressure except when he had rpms up about 25 miles out of Little Rock. I was supposed to drive it back up the river with my family while he drove my truck back. After the water pressure problem I was not comfortable driving his boat back. So we just trailered it back.
Hope I did not scare anyone away as my brother thought it was a fun trip and glad he did it. It is good you are making a long weekend of it with plenty of time for relaxation or the unexpected.
PS: Willow Bend Campsite in Little Rock is a nice campsite with hot showers.

steve@kps
02-07-2003, 08:01 AM
That's why i would never put in at Catoosa. I've been all over that river, except in Kerr.
Most of us are still waiting on schedules before we actually plan the trip.
We may have to settle for a poker run on Keystone Or Skiatook.
steve.

Seadog
02-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Right now, I am leaning towards August 1-3. This avoids the heavy traditional rain periods of May-June and Sept-Oct. In most cases, the first of August sees a cool spell that makes it more comfortable, yet the water is warm enough to swim.
My current plan is to make Friday a 'get to RS Kerr as you want'. I will leave from Catoosa or Hwy 33 early in the morning, with a stop at someplace around Muskogee around noon. Friday evening we would all meet at probably Applegate Cove on RS Kerr. After a Meet and Greet party, we leave out Saturday. Plan A is Saturday night at Russelville and plan B is go on to Little Rock and camp there Saturday night. As I get input, we will put this together.

Seadog
02-10-2003, 12:32 PM
steve@KPS: I would appreciate it if you would give me your impression of the ramps at Tullahassee Loop (west of 69 at Chouteau L&D) and the Verdigris Falls Park at Okay. I plan to check their access by land soon, but would like your impressions.

STROKER ACE
03-26-2003, 05:24 PM
TENKILLER 10-4

Posey
03-27-2003, 09:11 AM
Hey Seadog,
I did some of the river last year! We had to put in at Applegate cove because of the bridge accident on I-40, went from there to Arthur V. Ormand lock & dam #9. The lockmaster advised us to go back because of a bad curve and water flow being to fast. I didn't want to take any chances in trashing my boat so we went back to Russelville state park and pulled out. Had a great time. Keep me posted, I'll go if the times right.
Posey

Seadog
03-28-2003, 06:54 AM
Still looking at the first of August. I'm going to put info out in about 4-6 weeks.

Interceptor454
03-29-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey guys, we made the trip last year. Put in at Webbers Falls (just off I-40). Actually got to see the bridge up close and personal. 2nd trip down. We stopped at Goose Harbor marina, paid for an overnight slip ($20 or so) and the local hotels in LR will pick you up. Return trip on Sunday. Great 2 day ride! The locks will handle about 50-75 boats. Let me know the dates and the wife and I may join you!

Seadog
03-29-2003, 08:54 AM
Interceptor454: What type speed were you doing going and coming? The plan I am working on is to meet at Robert Kerr Friday the 1st of August, party, then head out Saturday morning. I am still trying to put together options to accomodate different groups and the more info the better.

Interceptor454
03-29-2003, 09:05 AM
We'd cruise at 30-40. We put in at 8 am, made several beach stops along the way for lunch etc and were at Goose Harbor at 4-5pm. I will tell you, the rangers will meet you at the Ark line, so keep it in line and take your papers! We did have a fellow boater on the last trip spend the night in the pokey, saved his hotel money though! :) Depending on how many miles, you can easily make the trip in 2 days.

pgf127rt
03-29-2003, 11:54 AM
Interceptor454:
We'd cruise at 30-40. We put in at 8 am, made several beach stops along the way for lunch etc and were at Goose Harbor at 4-5pm. I will tell you, the rangers will meet you at the Ark line, so keep it in line and take your papers! We did have a fellow boater on the last trip spend the night in the pokey, saved his hotel money though! :) Depending on how many miles, you can easily make the trip in 2 days. 454, what kind of papers are you referring to, I sure hope it isn't immigration papers,lol, is it proof of ownership or what?

Interceptor454
03-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Yeah, that's it! Forgot the registration paperwork last year. Got a little grief for it! eek! It used to be called the Tinker trip, but Tinker won't let 'em call it that anymore! Guess we have too much fun for 'em. The past two years the trip has always been planned for the last weekend in July, and there were about 100 sleds last year. They did an adult trip, with a Family run two weekends before. With the I-40 thing last year, they just had one run. I'll confirm the dates, and maybe we can get 200 rides this year! The Clairion and Ramada will both provide a lift to the hotel, and several restaurants are within walking distance.

pgf127rt
03-29-2003, 05:27 PM
Interceptor454:
Yeah, that's it! Forgot the registration paperwork last year. Got a little grief for it! eek! It used to be called the Tinker trip, but Tinker won't let 'em call it that anymore! Guess we have too much fun for 'em. The past two years the trip has always been planned for the last weekend in July, and there were about 100 sleds last year. They did an adult trip, with a Family run two weekends before. With the I-40 thing last year, they just had one run. I'll confirm the dates, and maybe we can get 200 rides this year! The Clairion and Ramada will both provide a lift to the hotel, and several restaurants are within walking distance. Thanks, isn't all you need is the little copy of the title which is sent with your paperwork, at least in Texas that is what we get to carry on the boat.
My cruiser may not be able to keep up at 40 mph but I guess we can be like the tortoise and the hare, we will eventually get there.

Interceptor454
03-29-2003, 07:11 PM
That's cool! There's boats of every shape and size. There were two 27' cabin cruisers on the last trip, they carried the extra fuel for a couple of seadoo's. There's even a 14' flat bottom outboard jet that made the trip with a bouncing betty doll tied to the light pole! Travel at your own speed man!

pgf127rt
03-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Interceptor454:
That's cool! There's boats of every shape and size. There were two 27' cabin cruisers on the last trip, they carried the extra fuel for a couple of seadoo's. There's even a 14' flat bottom outboard jet that made the trip with a bouncing betty doll tied to the light pole! Travel at your own speed man! Mine is a 28.5 Rinker with a 350 Mercruiser and it is equipped to live aboard, saves on hotel rooms and all that, we will definitely make the trip, I lived in Little Rock for 5 years and played on the river, just never went as far as I wanted to go.

Interceptor454
03-30-2003, 08:49 AM
Just dawned on me, we have always stopped at Ft. Smith, not L.R. That would definitely add some time to the trip. How many more miles is it into Little Rock?
If your're set with living quarters, that's the way to do it! Little tough to sleep on a bow-rider though! I'll try and confirm the dates for this year and post them this week. Have a great one....... smile_sp

Seadog
03-30-2003, 09:34 AM
OK, that may make a difference. LR is another 170 miles from Van Buren where Goose Harbor is. However, if you were coming from Webbers Falls, that is a good distance to Kerr.
[ March 30, 2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Posey
04-01-2003, 07:22 AM
Seadog,
We ran about 30-35mph, seemed to be a good cruising speed and did real good on gas. Just in case someone is interested here is a website to check out for info. I printed off the whole thing just to have for reference. :D www.swt.usace.army.mil/navigation/navcharts.htm (http://www.swt.usace.army.mil/navigation/navcharts.htm)
Keep me posted,
Posey :cool: