PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Boat Show

Seadog
01-07-2003, 01:34 PM
My BIL will be doing the prep detailing for Grand Marina and Terra Miranda this year. I will probably try to make it, even if he doesn't rope me in and thought I'd get a roll call of who is going and when. Be nice to put some names with faces. :)

steve@kps
01-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey, seadog.
We usually have a booth in the show. But, we decided not to go due to the expense of the floor space. Since you're in Stillwater you drive right by the shop. Stop in and said hello. You could see this HTM that's been through hell. :D
steve g.

Seadog
01-07-2003, 06:00 PM
I think I talked with you at the TBS two years ago. If I remember right, you mainly deal with SS props. If so, pity. I'm in the market for a rebuilt 16 x 16 large blade Al.. The Prop Shop in OKC recommended one, but when I called to order one, they didn't have any left. I'm still working on the best prop for my app. I started with a 19" Vengeance, Top end was good, but blew out too easy and only made 4200 rpm. Next was a 16" Alpha 4, more rpm, good hold and lost 4-5 mph. I've got a 17" Vengeance now that I haven't tried yet. I wanted a Mirage, but for some reason, the dealer wouldn't trade even. Long post aside, Where is KPS located and what hours. I am thru SS on a regular basis. I'm always looking for an excuse for Rib Crib.

Infomaniac
01-07-2003, 07:02 PM
I have a blueprinted Quicksilver Mirage 27p 3 blade lying around. Had it on an Alpha SS. Dave Rycroft worked it over for me a few years back. Mega bow lift. Would run my 21' Seebold (The Red Boat)like a bass boat. Up on the pad nose high.
[ January 08, 2003, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Seadog
01-09-2003, 06:56 AM
I eventually will get my Mirage, but I am going to wait until I get a good handle of what works and doesn't work on my rig. It will also help if I am not flat broke. I'm going to have to get a lot more knowledgable about props. My BIL with the Bayliner is running too low on the rpms and that big boy is going to be a challenge to reprop.

steve@kps
01-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Hey, seadog. i deal w/ any prop made, not just sst.
I'm off of hwy64 at 129th w. ave. in Sand Springs. what pitch mirage are ya looking for?
Info. i might be interested in that Mirage. you wanna sell?
call sometime
866-245-5397
www.keystonepropeller.com (http://www.keystonepropeller.com)

Seadog
01-23-2003, 11:21 AM
I haven't heard much from any of you guys on here lately. I will be at the boat show on Saturday, the 1st. Probably be crying because my wife won't let me buy everything I want. Hope to see some of you there, maybe get together at Rib Crib or Outback afterwards.

Infomaniac
01-25-2003, 07:57 PM
steve@kps:
Hey, seadog. i deal w/ any prop made, not just sst.
I'm off of hwy64 at 129th w. ave. in Sand Springs. what pitch mirage are ya looking for?
Info. i might be interested in that Mirage. you wanna sell?
call sometime
866-245-5397
www.keystonepropeller.com (http://www.keystonepropeller.com) It has been sitting on my shelf for 3 or 4 years.

Her454
01-25-2003, 08:35 PM
Info, how far in Broken Arrow from Quinton or McAlister?

Infomaniac
01-26-2003, 09:20 AM
About an Hour from "Big Mac" Know someone there?

D-BO
01-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Are any of you guys and gals going to be at the bat show on Sunday??

Seadog
01-31-2003, 08:59 PM
I just got back from the show. Fabulous! Lots of hot boats. Some great bargains and the dealers said business was good. I noticed several cat speed boats that I don't recall being there before. One of the Baja had a interesting custom hatch arrangement over the cuddy area. There were 2-3 yachts over 50'.

buck183
02-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Seadog,
Did you also notice that Ugly John's dropped Fountain and Cig? How about Extreme Marine being a no-show?
Talked to my salesman at Ugly John's and he said they were having a good show. Seemed to be moving a lot of smaller boats though.
I notice that Sunseeker (don't know how big) had sold. Looked like a chunk of change.
Buck
[ February 02, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

Infomaniac
02-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Did you see the two that Wyatt had there?
Extreme marine is out of business? I heard for a while now.

Seadog
02-02-2003, 08:56 PM
I had wondered more about the way they rearranged than about cig and fountain. I did notice that Ugly's was pushing the Bajas more. Also, I don't remember the last time they didn't have a Harbor Master. I would think that they decided to consolidate on Baja or else weren't selling enough to make it worthwhile. I did see that the nearest Fountain dealer was in Sand Springs. Arrowhead had several Formulas on display. Seemed more than usual.
I have to ask one thing. Who would spend $60k for a hummer with such obvious vinyl wood siding. :rolleyes:
[ February 02, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

buck183
02-02-2003, 10:02 PM
I had a weird feeling about Extreme Marine when I didn't see a booth. Seems odd, just spoke to them not to long ago about a Sunsation.
Ugly John's said that they were going to concentrate on Baja like they had been for the last 22 years. Monterey was going to be their entry level line of bowriders and deckboats. They weren't happy with the treatment they were getting from Cig and Fountain. They did indicate that Carver was being very good to them though.
I did notice the larger than normal showing for Formula.
Buck

steve@kps
02-06-2003, 08:44 AM
Seadog, did you buy a new boat at the show?
If your looking for a boat at Ugly John's let me know, i went to school w/ chris and worked for John at one time. Maybe i can help save ya little money.
steve.

Seadog
02-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Steve@KPS: I just bought my Crestliner and still haven't sold my Tracker. My buying days are gone for a while. I like to look and used to help my BIL detail the boats for Ugly's, so I have an interest in what they show up with. Did you work at Arrowhead? If so, you might remember Excaliber Detailing.

steve@kps
02-06-2003, 12:03 PM
oh, yeah. I remember your detailing shop's name.
i was actually mentioning that to buck183, i just forgot to type that. sorry, too much prop dust on the brain...lol
oh, seadog, remember the ugly nose that Wyatt left on the HTM, well Aaron (our glass guy) is rebuilding that today, making a much nicer piece out of it.... looks good so far. i'll post some more pics when it's done.

Seadog
02-06-2003, 02:45 PM
steve; If you remember Davy, you might have seen my wife helping him out. Black hair and always wore all white. She usually only helped him when he was in a pinch. He always had trouble keeping good help. His standards are high and few people are into that much hard work.

buck183
02-09-2003, 07:34 AM
steve,
Thanks for the heads up. Didn't realize the post was for me. I purchased my current boat from them about 18 months ago. It was a smooth transaction. Great people IMO. I would buy from them again given the opportunity. I'll keep the offer in mind though. It never hurts to have a little help here and there.
Buck