PDA

View Full Version : JETFEST 2003 Hot Boat Rally

OldFaithful Squirter
07-31-2003, 08:06 AM
COME ON AND JOIN THE HOT BOATS, COLD BEER, AND BABEÂ’S IN THE SUN AT THE 6TH ANNUAL JETFEST HOT BOAT RALLY ON LAKE CORPUS CHRISTI! Scheduled for August 29th, 30th, 31st Labor Day Weekend.
WE WILL BE HANGING OUT SATURDAY & SUNDAY AT SUNRISE BEACH and most folks are staying at Fiesta Marina for evening partying. I have posted other available motels in the near by area. Orange Grove motel being the newest one built.
For more info contact: Kelly Craven at kcraven@diwmsi.com or 361-779-8246 mobile
David Hobbs at davidpfm@aol.com or 361-215-2757 mobile (Handling the T-shirt,tanks,& Koozie sells)
Fiesta Marina- 361-547-3462
Orange Grove Motel- 361-384-1100
Ranch Motel Mathis- 361-547-3003
Sunrise Beach Camping- 361-547-3004 WeberÂ’s Landing Marina- 361-547-3622
Brought to you by Midnight Boat Wurks, Liquid Hot Rods Boat Shop, Texas Jettin' Family & Friends
Till then we will Jet'cha Later
http://groups.msn.com/TexasJettinFamilyandFriends

cookieman
07-31-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey Kelly glad to a posting on the Jetfest coming up this Labor day. Hopefully some of the guys here in the DFW area will see what is going on and will make an attempt to attend a weekend of fun. I have seen some of the pics from the last few years and looks like you guys are on the way to having a great turn out. I have been talking to a few guys up here and hope that we can get a few guys to attend. Maybe in a few weeks you could post a roll call to see who all will be making the trip south. Anyways count on the cookieman showing up with the "Hot Boats and Cold Beer" boat.

Jim Hall
08-01-2003, 04:50 AM
Count us in!Look's like a blast. :)

mrgoslow
08-01-2003, 07:40 AM
fyi, the orange grove motel is new, opened 2 months ago, marina is nice cause its on the h2o. mathis i cant speak of.
kelly, any delrio participants.

OldFaithful Squirter
08-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Yes we have confirmation for all of the Liquid Hot Rod Del Rio clan, Handsome Bob from Fort Stockton, San Angelo Bunch, Lake Grandbury bunch Big Daddy and Snowman, Lake Medina bunch, Houston folks that came last year and bringing some buddies, Victoria clan has a couple more that are attending this year, Norman Cox out of Oklahoma is coming and bringing his camera equipment to take more pictures of everyone. I am trying to get Ron (Infomaniac) to intise some of the Keystone Lake guys to come down as well. So this will be the biggest blow out yet expecting well over 50 hot boats. So tell everyone you can to come attend. thanks Kelly

OldFaithful Squirter
08-01-2003, 09:21 AM
Cookieman and his clan, and Jim Hall say that they are in. So keep spreading the word and if anyone needs any info tell them to shoot me and email kcraven@diwmsi.com and I will hook them up, till then Jet'cha Later- Kelly
http://groups.msn.com/TexasJettinFamilyandFriends

wsm9808
08-01-2003, 09:39 PM
wish we could make it, but man that is a long drive for us, and we close on our new house that weekend. But, Kara might have to go back to Beeville that same week for some new training, so who knows.
Post some pics of last years jet fest to wet everyones apettite.

1slowboat
08-17-2003, 02:17 PM
i will be making the trip, and brazosjettin will be there also, i do need a map to get there and where some close camp sites are by the beach where this is going to take place.

OldFaithful Squirter
08-18-2003, 05:41 AM
Some folks will be camping at Sunrise Beach (361) 547-3004 and others will be staying at Fiesta Marina (361)547-3462 http://www.geocities.com/fiestaMarinarv/.
During the day we will be hanging out at Sunrise and evenings will be both places? Rodney Gisler is camping at Sunrise if you want to hook up with him he has a red and burgundy picklefork jet called the Judge you can contact him at email Performanceplus@the-i.net
Till then we will Jet'cha Later, thanks Kelly

cookieman
08-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Just a quick note to all the jetters here in the DFW area. I think that everyone would have a great time if they were to make the trip to the Jetfest. This will be my first trip but from everything that I have been told by those that have been it was a great time. I know that I have pulled my boat from the lake and will start to clean the thing up for the trip to JetFest. I know that it is only about a week and half away and I am looking forward to this event. Hopefully some more boats from the North Central Texas area will make the trip.. lookin' forward to JetFest Bill ( cookieman)

OldFaithful Squirter
08-20-2003, 06:53 AM
Jet Fest 2003 is nearing and we now have the logo completed for the Annual 6th Hot Boat Rally called JetFest 2003, so don't forget to purchase your shirt at the event. You can contact David Hobbs for more information at davidpfm@aol.com the shirts will be for sale for $15 each or 2 for $25 at the event on Saturday under the JetFest Tent. So get those hot boats shined up and get the gal's to dust off those Bikini's and get ready for lot's of Hot Boats and Cold Beer and fun in the sun!!!
We will Jet'cha Later at JET FEST 2003 http:// http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=26082&password=&sort=7&thecat=509

OldFaithful Squirter
08-20-2003, 06:56 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=26082&password=&sort=7&thecat=509 www.***boat.net (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=26082&password=&sort=7&thecat=509)

OldFaithful Squirter
08-20-2003, 07:51 AM
Don't forget the sale of the t-shirts will bring in proceeds for the fish fry under the JET FEST tents, so come on and enjoy some good food along with your cold beer!! Come tell the cooks how good of job their doing! Jet'cha Later, Kelly

roostwear
08-20-2003, 08:10 AM
Iadded the Jet Fest to the event calendar. Feel free to post other events to it, or link to it.
http://my.calendars.net/rwi_calendar/

Liberator TJ1984
08-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Is there going to be a Traditional ,Pre-Jetfest blowout at the Barn on Friday night like always
:D

OldFaithful Squirter
08-20-2003, 10:26 AM
I would think that would have to be up to NateDog but as usual I am sure he would allow some cold beer drinking to take place at the boat barn that Friday night!! We may have to twist his arm but a slight twist of the are and a placement of a Cold One in the hand would most likely result in a big blow out at the boat barn!! What do you say Nate!!

mrgoslow
08-21-2003, 07:21 AM
kelly, im ready for some cold beverages. whats this barn you speak of and whos nate?
1slow, i think you and i should meet up @ jetfest.blk w/silver flake v bottom. as far as camping indoor try fiesta outdoor try sunrise. orange grove motel is brand new, 10 min drive.

OldFaithful Squirter
08-21-2003, 08:01 AM
The boat barn is about 5 minutes from the lake, located in Orange Grove Texas. Nate Hinze is the owner, Nate is whom we refer to as the Jet Boat Guru in our area. This barn is were his boats are stored and where alot of fixing takes place. Nate has done wonders with several jet boat, he has a 69 Mandella Flat Bottom Jet for which he picked up at a Flea Market and has tricked this boat out to be the eye catcher boat of our area! We basically refer to it as the theme boat of our group Texas Jettin' ( it is painted as the Texas flag) and we used it for the T-shirts this year! The past few years we have been meeting out at his barn on Friday night and just hanging telling stories about past Jet Fest events and par-taking in cold adult beverages! So I sure we will be following up tradition again this year, but we will have to check with Nate! We will definitely hook up I am in a 1999 Warhawk Picklefork now it is mostly white and black with yellow, orange, red stripes, my old boat (Old Faithful Squirter) is sitting in the garage needing some new stringer work and floor board replaced and everyone harasses me because I have not yet put her back together? She is kinda on early retirement for now but soon my oldest boy may be cruising it? (You will hear enough about that when you get here?) But give me a call when you get close to Orange Grove on 361-779-8246 and I will tell you where we are at at that time. Also if anyone needs a room there is one room available at Fiesta Marina, let me know and I will hook you up with Jerry. So Jet Fest 2003 will be a big blast of a blow out and we expect well over 50 hot boats to show up? Come on and bring all of your jet boat buddies! We will Jet'cha Later, Kellyhttp://groups.msn.com/TexasJettinFamilyandFriends (http://groups.msn.com/TexasJettinFamilyandFriends/kellysnewwarhawktx20.msnw)

Liberator TJ1984
08-21-2003, 09:50 AM
Damn Kelly, MrGoslow got you hook line and sinker on that one :rolleyes:
If it may help anyone from afar away ??? I live on 20 acres just over a mile Outside of Orange Grove and about 3/4 mile from the boat Barn...
If anyone does not feel like draggin' their boats around everywhere or feel it is not secure enough where you are to stay at, you are welcome to leave them at my place.
Usually alot of folks arive Friday eve. and meet at "The Barn" ,Kelly or others will helping those who are new to the area get aquainted to where things are...motels,cafes, etc....so hopefully no one will get lost wink
Also I may be able to accomadate a few people at my casa if you cannot find a place to stay ???
For those who may be coming down Friday I will be in O.G. at my shop all day , if anyone needs help or directions just call me @ 1-361-701-1480
Till then, Take Care and most of all have a safe trip down..
Gopherrr

Liberator TJ1984
08-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Don't forget about the Texas State Park on Lake C.C. also !!!!! guys and gals...
Campsites there are still availible wink
and it is only just a couple coves over from Sunrise Beach and straight across the lake from the Marina ( 1/2 mile by water ) or 1/4 mile by road from Sunrise entrance ...
just another option
Gopherrr
[ August 23, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Liberator TJ1984 ]

Jim Hall
08-25-2003, 10:26 AM
I am in process of lining up accomadations. The question is how are the cabanas at Fiesta marina?
We are coming Sat. morn. Be on the look out for a silver with blue and black stipes Avenger being towed by black Explorer.

OldFaithful Squirter
08-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Cabanas are o.k., basically an A/C, bathroom, shower, and bunk beds?? Not bad for the price. Fiesta is where most folks are staying that are not camping. Most folks whom are camping are staying at Sunrise Beach. We will keep an eye out for you, give me a call if you get lost!!! Jet'cha Later Kelly (Warhawk picklefork- White, with stripes that are black, yellow, red, and orange.

mrgoslow
08-26-2003, 07:59 AM
jim, if you stay @ fiesta marina to get to sunrise beach all you have to do is leave the marina and turn rightand head toward the open water (towards the dam) about 1.5 miles and sunrise beach will be on the left very near the dam. sunrise beach boasts of having the longest fresh water pier which is in fact part of the old dam you cant miss it.

Jim Hall
08-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the info! We are staying at the Orange Grove Sat. and Sun.Is anybody else staying there?I am assuming that we will put in @ Sunrise, is that correct?

Jet Hydro
08-26-2003, 09:45 AM
WOW.... I wish I would have read this sooner. Sounds like a hell of a time.
Maybe next year I can come down and see what it`s all about. I always have a good time when we make the trip to Texas. I keep thinking "I should just move there"....lol.....
You-all have fun and stay safe wink

Liberator TJ1984
08-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Jim , call me when you guys get ready to leave to lake , there are several options on where to put in at . Sunrise is privately owned and they may charge by the weekend pass which can be expensive if they do / therefore you would want to launch at the State park or Marina ..then Beach the boat @ Sunrise , this is what most do when they try and make big bucks off us burningm ..usually there is a show and shine Sat.A.M. but don't know where as of yet. most gather at " The Barn " before heading out
my # is in other post above

mrgoslow
08-26-2003, 12:09 PM
jim, gophers right, sunrise will be a weekend pass, fiesta marina is just a boat launch fee of $2.00 / day, they have a bar, restaurant, a few supplies. og motel is new so it should be clean. if you would like, you can send me an email and ill give you my cell # in case you have questions or need help once you get there.
ps, if you consume, beware of the og pd, sometimes they run a speed trap

Liberator TJ1984
08-27-2003, 05:48 AM
So far Sunrise Beach is still charging their regular day pass charge of $5.00 a vehicle and $1.00 extra per person , hopefully after last year they saw the light :D

Jim Hall
08-27-2003, 06:09 AM
Thanks Liberator.....got your #. My cell is 832-309-1757 just in case. Looks like Fiesta is where we will launch. See ya'll there!

OldFaithful Squirter
08-27-2003, 06:13 AM
That is a fact, I called yesterday to see if they were going to charge regular rates of $5.00 dollars a day for two folks plus $1.00 per additional person and they said that was the case. So it has been confirmed now twice that Sunrise will not be hiking up the rates for the holiday weekend. So everyone planning on coming down just take Hwy 359 South out of Mathis for about 5-8 miles and right before you get to the Nueces River bridge you will see Park Road 25, take a right and go about a mile to the Sunrise Beach entrance on your left. We will Jet'cha There, if you are early come meet us in Orange Grove for a cold one!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=26082&password=&sort=7&thecat=509<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Liberator TJ1984
08-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Jim Hall:
Thanks Liberator.....got your #. My cell is 832-309-1757 just in case. Looks like Fiesta is where we will launch. See ya'll there! Jim , if you are in fact staying in O.G. it would be best to launch at Sunrise if they honor the $5 fee , Good roads and straight shot to lake..all on highways
Fiesta Marina road is pretty rough and narrow
just my 2* / but I'll try to call you Sat. ...what time you think you will be in town?

Jim Hall
08-28-2003, 10:39 AM
We plan on arriving mid morn or so! I give you a holler when we get in, as long as my Nextel works there.

1slowboat
08-28-2003, 03:09 PM
well s@#t,looks like i wont be making the trip burningm burningm burningm
not enough $ left to make jetfest......i will be there next year,man i wish i could go :mad: :o
cookie hope you take lots of pics,and rubem in my face :D