PDA

View Full Version : Any Rockford Il. guys here?

HPjunkie
10-17-2002, 05:52 PM
Just thought I'd ask. Maybe a Hoooters thing needs to be done this winter? Mississippi River shootout? Greg

K3-River-Rat
10-17-2002, 08:41 PM
I'm just a little ways south of you not too far from Champ/Urbana

Blown509Liberator
10-18-2002, 05:18 AM
HP
I am over here just to your left Live off the Chain o lakes....
MikeW

kphayes
10-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Crystal Lake, reporting in.
Blown509-Didn't get a chance to see you on the Chain this summer, maybe next year.

K3-River-Rat
10-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Any of you guys go to Blarney Island for the dragboat races on Thursdays?? :confused:

P-Money
10-19-2002, 11:33 AM
I'm in DeKalb during the week, but I boat in Beloit. I've been down to Blarneys a few times, I think now that I got the boat back together, I may try to run down there a few times this coming summer. Hauling the boat from Beloit to Grass Lake for a few runs though seem borderline worth it.

Unchained
10-19-2002, 04:04 PM
K3-River-Rat:
Any of you guys go to Blarney Island for the dragboat races on Thursdays?? :confused: I raced there once in August and had a great time. Won a couple hun too. Clown races there every week. It's an 800' strip. Next time I'm going to bring some lights with batterys so I can stay later after dark. Its a major party after the race.

K3-River-Rat
10-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Unchained:
K3-River-Rat:
Any of you guys go to Blarney Island for the dragboat races on Thursdays?? :confused: I raced there once in August and had a great time. Won a couple hun too. Clown races there every week. It's an 800' strip. Next time I'm going to bring some lights with batterys so I can stay later after dark. Its a major party after the race.This major party you are referring to is on Thursday night?? I have not made it up there yet :( a]A hand full of us hot rod boaters were supposed to go up there late this summer but we never made it :confused: Next year for sure! :D I've heard a lot of stories about all the hot women at Blarney :D How is it on the weekends?? :confused:

kphayes
10-21-2002, 06:37 AM
We try to make it every Thursday. Blarney's is ok on the weekends but definitly better on Thursday nights (usually). After Blarney's on Thursdays, alot of people head south on the chain and go down to Famous Freddies. Lots of chicks on the outside deck and in the dance club upstairs.

Backtanner
10-21-2002, 07:16 AM
Me and my buds from work stopped in at Freddy's for a "quick bite and one beer" before the races. Three baskets of ribs and two hot wings later, we showed up at Blarney's just in time to see the last racers take off to go home. Next season I hope to have my boat out here. Although not a racer I think she'll show up most of the rest. :D

Blown509Liberator
10-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Freddys is just down the road from my house guys...... You can find me most thurs at the races
MikeW

Clown
10-21-2002, 02:50 PM
K3-River-Rat:
Any of you guys go to Blarney Island for the dragboat races on Thursdays?? :confused: Hell Ya''
Its good OLE Street racing at its best!!
eek! eek! eek! eek!

KAPTAIN KIRK
10-21-2002, 07:18 PM
Blarneys rocks
only raced a few times this last year in my rookie year, but for my second year I plan on making it a few more tomes.
I will be there for the banquet for racers coming up!!
see ya then!!
by the way Rockford boyz I boat outa barrington,il