PDA

View Full Version : Lake of the Ozarks hangouts

Kansas 28 Eagle
09-25-2001, 12:40 PM
I was just wondering how many on this board are near Lake of the Ozarks? I have been there a few times, and enjoy the recreation (!), but would like to find out about places that aren't as much of a human zoo as party cove!

riverlover
09-25-2001, 10:59 PM
Kan28E, Crazy is all we are interested in. Just kidding, you'd have to come out west to check out our fine boating areas. In fact, we're having a party this weekend.

Dave1972
09-26-2001, 05:21 AM
Hey Kansas Eagle,
I have made quite a few trips to Lake of the Ozarks and have usually avoided Party Cove...other than on Memorial/Labor Days! We love going there and finding a quiet cove to float in and just hang out. We usually do most of our boating in IL and WI...where are you from and how far do you want to travel? Are you looking for other places to go at Lake of the Ozarks or other bodies of water in the area?

Kansas 28 Eagle
09-26-2001, 07:24 AM
Dave1972: Thanks for the reply. I actually live in the western part of Kansas...50 miles from the Colo. border. If you have ever had the misfortune to drive from KC, Mo to Denver, you know how flat and desolate it is out here! In fact, those of us into boats out here joke about buying a great railer and that the boat on top of it isn't as important! I don't mind travelling, we are used to it out here. (on the positive side, we have NO traffic problems!!) Anyway, I plan to head out to Lake Powell sometime, and it appears I need to put Havasu on the list!