PDA

View Full Version : Why is it....

roostwear
09-28-2002, 09:08 AM
I posted this on the East Coast board and it occurred to me that the same thing may apply in the Midwest.
First, I'm from SoCal (please don't say "Cali"), and my wife is from CT. She just got back from a visit and says there are no decals on the back windows in the East. While this may seem odd to us on the left coast, I think I know why. Is it because it just hasn't caught on there, or because with scraping ice in the winter, a decal on the OUTSIDE won't last? If it's an outside thing, I can make decals reversed to apply to the INSIDE of the window. A kind of East Coast version.
Am I off base or what?

Backtanner
09-28-2002, 09:35 AM
I think everyone is waiting for their good guy discount. J/K

beyondhelpin
09-28-2002, 09:54 AM
I am not sure what kind of decals you are talking about. But for the most part I personaly dont like decals on my vehicles. And most people I know do not either. There are alot of people who do and have no trouble with them on the outside. I just dont like advertising for someone else. Now if I had a DCB or HTM we might just have to slap on on!!

Thunderbutt
09-28-2002, 04:51 PM
roostwear:
I posted this on the East Coast board and it occurred to me that the same thing may apply in the Midwest.
First, I'm from SoCal (please don't say "Cali"), and my wife is from CT. She just got back from a visit and says there are no decals on the back windows in the East. While this may seem odd to us on the left coast, I think I know why. Is it because it just hasn't caught on there, or because with scraping ice in the winter, a decal on the OUTSIDE won't last? If it's an outside thing, I can make decals reversed to apply to the INSIDE of the window. A kind of East Coast version.
Am I off base or what?What are you selling and how much. I have a Marine Corps decal on my rear window and it doesn't come off during winter, I'm kind of like Beyondhelpin I don't like to advertise for too many people.

roostwear
09-28-2002, 05:15 PM
The decals I make are the different classic boat builders logos. I guess it would be advertising if you put a Wriedt sticker on, and you have a Spectra (btw, the Spectras will be done in a couple weeks), but I don't really consider the name of my boat on my truck advertising. It's not like Tahiti is around to advertise FOR! :D
Check it out for yourself. www.roostwear.com (http://www.roostwear.com)

Havasu Doug
09-28-2002, 05:56 PM
So many rear windows are tinted these days (even from the factory), that there might not be that many people who want inside stickers. Since you make the stickers yourself, though, it's probably a good idea to have them available for anyone who DOES want them.
[ September 28, 2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Doug ]

gotdamp
09-29-2002, 01:04 PM
You're missing Glaston/Carlson.

Jet Junk
09-29-2002, 06:22 PM
If you had Glastron/carlson, I would buy one.

BigDaddy
09-29-2002, 08:49 PM
roostwear:
The decals I make are the different classic boat builders logos. I guess it would be advertising if you put a Wriedt sticker on, and you have a Spectra (btw, the Spectras will be done in a couple weeks), but I don't really consider the name of my boat on my truck advertising. It's not like Tahiti is around to advertise FOR! :D
Check it out for yourself. www.roostwear.com (http://www.roostwear.com)Hey Can you make me a Decal That Says
BIGDADDY all caps in a 2inch or 1inch size maybe need a couple of them and How Much. Hope you are Cheaper then Fast signs.

BigDaddy
09-29-2002, 08:53 PM
O and Yellow in color or Red
and By the way the reason they dont have many decals on there windows is They cant figure out how to peel the Hard side off the soft side and meess it up every time. JK
no I think it is becouse some states have laws about it and some dont fortunatly here in Texas they dont care what Ya put on the window.
Thanks

roostwear
09-30-2002, 07:22 AM
Big Daddy,
Unfortunately, my plate is full with reproducing logos. For what you're looking for, Fast Signs is your best bet for a quick one off.
www.roostwear.com (http://www.roostwear.com)

DansBlown73Nordic
10-01-2002, 06:29 AM
Big Daddy e-mail these folks for your needs. HOTSIGNS@aol.com Very resonable.

Blown509Liberator
10-02-2002, 01:07 PM
I also do Vinyl Graphics
Design Graphics Unlimited is my company.
BigDaddy Shoot me an E-mail at
DesignGraphicsUnlimited@juno.com we can get ya set up.
MikeW