PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Illnois Boat Law proposed

Boatcop
04-18-2003, 02:32 PM
I don't know how many Illinois boaters are on this board, but if there are you need to see this:
Reflective Tape Law (http://www.legis.state.il.us/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=142&GAID=3&DocTypeID=SB&LegId=1618&SessionID=3)
It says that any boat titled or registered in Illinois be required to have minimum 1" reflective tape down the length of each side of the boat. (The original bill nad it ALL THE WAY AROUND!)
From my understanding it was proposed after a 14 year old girl took off in a small boat (without permission) and broke down out on the water. She was found safe, but the search was hampered by darkness. The mental midget who authored and introduced this bill feels that the tape would reflect spotlights and allow for easier rescue.
And I thought California had some fupped duck laws. This one takes the cake.
[ April 18, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Boatcop ]

Clown
04-18-2003, 03:10 PM
Thats A bunch Of ****in Shit
This is one problem ,That some RICH$$ BASTERD
Thinks that he is going to save every ones lives.
With the use of Reflective TApe .
I think that if it is going to be pushed that we put a cool little fag stripe down the side of our boats
That the person that owns the Bitch That took out the "Little Boat" Be fined for not having control over there child.
It sure is that way for hand guns in this state!
I would like to know if there is a web site to let
my senotoor who ever is voting on this .THAT WE DONT WANT THIS , AND HOW IS THIS GOING TO HELP.
When you are soposed to have a bow and stern light on.
"""""""I vote NO"""""""""
For the reflective tape law.
Every one else should to burningm burningm

Seadog
04-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Boat U.S. (http://www.boatus.com) has an artcle on this in their news section. They are fighting this stupidity and has a link to allow you to register a complaint to your legislator. It makes more sense to put reflective tape on cars since headlights are worthless on water.

Clown
04-18-2003, 03:23 PM
burningm Whell I guess Where $ucked burningm
I read a little deeper and MR LARRY WOOLARD a state senator already voted YES burningm
So it looks like the Fag Stripe will be in effect.
Next there going to vote on the amount of H.P.
Your allowed to OWN. idea
Better not give the Pricks any more idea To help make this world a better place burningm

Boatcop
04-18-2003, 03:25 PM
Here's a link to the BoatUS article, which has link to the Illinois legislature.
http://www.boatus.com/gov/alert.htm

Clown
04-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Thanks Boat cop.

572Daytona
04-18-2003, 05:42 PM
Why don't they just make the state registration sticker reflective since you have one on each side anyway?

HCS
04-20-2003, 06:47 AM
Like the reflectors in my spokes.

kphayes
04-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Well I guess I'm going to be getting a bunch of fines. How can they expect people who spend a chunck of change on a boat to go and put a tacky stripe on their boat. I have a hard enough time putting the Fox Waterway stickers on.

HavasuDreamin'
04-21-2003, 01:39 PM
That is a brilliant law that will effectively reduce, by significant numbers, the amount of boats registered in the state of Illinois and thus, reduce revenue for the state. People up north on the chain will find a way to register in Wisconsin and others will find ways to register in Indiana or Missouri.
Real Smart Dumba**es. :mad:
I am glad I moved to Indy two years ago. :D
[ April 21, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

RandyH
04-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Sounds like somebody needs to invent a reflective rub rail insert. wink

kphayes
04-22-2003, 07:06 AM
RandyH:
Sounds like somebody needs to invent a reflective rub rail insert. wink I'd call the patten office now. Sounds like a pretty good idea. If I had to, that would be the only way i'd do it.