PDA

View Full Version : Ozarks shootout

RMKwest
04-27-2003, 09:08 AM
I would like to see the lake of the ozarks shootout but living out west I am not sure where on the lake is the best and closest campground for a boat/motorhome/and docksite. Where on the lake is the shootout?

Thunderbutt
04-27-2003, 04:52 PM
I gave you a 5 rating for wanting to travel so far to watch a kilo race. They are kinda boring. The race is held at the 21 mile marker of the osage arm, go to the Lake of the Ozarks web site to find out about camping in that area.

RMKwest
04-27-2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info, and the generous rating.
My main reason for the trip was so my wife could meet a sister she has never known in a town called Mountain Grove before we all get to old to know what we are missing.
Thought the Ozark shootout might be a cool thing to see.

Sea Esta
04-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Are you reffering to Mountain Grove, AR. That would put you about 2,2-1/2 hours south of LOTO. There are only a few campgrounds on LOTO that I am aware about. One is up around the 3MM and there is one in Camdenton at the 10MM of the Niangua. Thunderbutt may know of more in the area. The camdenton campground is BullRun Bluff. This would put you half an hour by water from the races. They have covered docks up to 30 feet and the campgrounds are quite nice. We keep our trailer there. If you need more info on BullRun just let me know. :)