PDA

View Full Version : Blown Injected Flat Spotted..........

HavasuDreamin'
09-09-2002, 01:24 PM
.........just outside of Indianapolis headed east on Interstate-70 early this morning around 7:45am. It is a long shot, but just thought I would post to see if anyone knows the boat/owner. Looked to be a 70's vintage T-Deck runner with I believe blue and red stripes around the edges on a white hull. Blue cockpit cover over the engine and passenger area! Looked bad ass!!!!!!!!!!

DetroitJim
09-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Havasu, I don't know the owner but he was coming back from the races at New Athens, Illinois down by St. Louis last weekend. It is a fine ride, among many others that were there. It was smoking hot though, over 100 all day. If you are in Indy you should check out some of the races put on by the SLDBA.
DJ

Clown
09-10-2002, 05:26 PM
:mad: "Y" Did that dude cut you off or something,
And now you want to be a detective and get evan with this guy? :confused:

HavasuDreamin'
09-11-2002, 06:53 AM
Clown:
:mad: "Y" Did that dude cut you off or something,
And now you want to be a detective and get evan with this guy? :confused: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........what? :confused:

burbanite
09-11-2002, 09:22 AM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........what? :confused: Just sitting here minding my own business..........waiting for the answer.........

HavasuDreamin'
09-11-2002, 09:25 AM
burbanite:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........what? :confused: Just sitting here minding my own business..........waiting for the answer.........Yeah, I am not sure how clown got what he got out of my post? :confused: It was a rather simple question..........I like flats, they aren't too common in the midwest, I saw one, got excited and wanted to know if anyone knew the boat...nothing more, nothing less.
BTW..........thanks for the info Detroit Jim!

HavasuDreamin'
09-11-2002, 09:27 AM
300 Posts...........not too shabby Burbanite.... now if your drivers would just stop crashing, maybe you could catch up to me wink

burbanite
09-11-2002, 11:52 AM
HavasuDreamin':
300 Posts...........not too shabby Burbanite.... now if your drivers would just stop crashing, maybe you could catch up to me wink Good eye HD. I would have missed such a momentous milestone :D :D
Oh to be crash free for once!! Now that would be nice, I think it has happened a couple of times this year........ wink
Hey,
DetroitJim is right, we need to get over to some of those next season, then you could see the boats first hand and nobody can pick on you for being interested :D :D :D
How is the move coming along, need any help?

HavasuDreamin'
09-11-2002, 12:02 PM
burbanite:
HavasuDreamin':
300 Posts...........not too shabby Burbanite.... now if your drivers would just stop crashing, maybe you could catch up to me wink Good eye HD. I would have missed such a momentous milestone :D :D
Oh to be crash free for once!! Now that would be nice, I think it has happened a couple of times this year........ wink
Hey,
DetroitJim is right, we need to get over to some of those next season, then you could see the boats first hand and nobody can pick on you for being interested
How is the move coming along, need any help?I would love to go see the "amateur" drags. I love the flatties. We will definately schedule a couple of those in next year. Another trip to consider just happened this past weekend. My buddy from Ft. Wayne was up at the Michigan Hot Boat Club's annual year end event at Hardee Damn. He said there were dozens and dozens of bad a** hot boats and they had a blast. I have personally been up there three times and words can not express how beautiful it is up there and how much smooth water there is on the Muskegon River. We should try to make the event next year, only bad part is that Hardee Damn is 25 minutes north of Grand Rapids, MI. Quite a trek :( Also, with 16-18 miles of nice water, you may need to buy stock in an oil refinery company :p wink
Move is coming along nicely. Movers do the hard work on Friday! :cool: Thanks for offering your help, but I think we will be fine. We are thinking about a small pre christmas party sometime in early December. If it is a go, hope you can make it, but we will hook up before then anyway. I am looking forward to a marginally warm October! Heard any more news from Jeff on a Morse Radar Event?

burbanite
09-12-2002, 09:39 AM
Also, with 16-18 miles of nice water, you may need to buy stock in an oil refinery company :p wink
Yep, I almost need a support tanker wink
Let's see, Morse is about 7 miles long, my record is up and back 2-1/2 times on one tank so if I took it easy I could probably get there and back with both tanks. :D :D :D
We are thinking about a small pre christmas party sometime in early December. If it is a go, hope you can make it, but we will hook up before then anyway.That sounds like a great idea, I'm in.
I have a few weekends left to get to the lake, I fly out to the Australian race on Oct.21 and return to the U.S. on the 28th. I am staying out in California that week for the Fontana race and get back to Indy on Nov.4, too cold by that time. :(
I am looking forward to a marginally warm October! Heard any more news from Jeff on a Morse Radar Event?I talked to Jeff on Saturday but he did not get specific, I think he wants to get all of his new mods dialed in before they run against the gun :) .
The thing sounds awesome and looks even better than last year. He likes to wait until the traffic gets lighter as the weather cools off, also there is a big push to put a speed limit in force and the weekends make us easy targets for the C.O.s'.
He is generally out taking it easy each weekend now so I am sure we will hook up soon. His father-in -law was out Saturday with a nice Omega bow rider, looked pretty sharp.