PDA

View Full Version : lake of the ozarks shoot out

superV
06-18-2002, 06:16 AM
who's comin and whatcha bringing any west costers coming!

COUGARMAN
06-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Im from Illinois, whats going on and when?

beyondhelpin
06-18-2002, 12:32 PM
What is it and when is it?

superV
06-18-2002, 12:49 PM
its the ann. shoot out in aug i think the 28th its one of the biggest of the year all the big boys will be there with all the new stuff, to try to gain braging rights. always a good time miss bud turbine boat will be there and lots of thongs! Go to lakeoftheozarks.com to sign up be thereor be square!

HavasuDreamin'
06-18-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by superV:
its the ann. shoot out in aug i think the 28th
The 28th is a Wednesday. Probably the 24th which is a Saturday!

SummerObsession
06-18-2002, 02:03 PM
superV:
I will be there.
Staying at the Gardenhouse Bed&Breakfast. Awesome place, near the dam.
Planning on rafting up on the anchor line Sat. the 24th.
I hear the Sorcerer Skater is trying for 200mph and supposedly has already run that fast at other locations!!
I will be there to witness the carnage (hope all end up alive and well!) first hand.
Hope to see ya there!
BTW: will save you a minnow at Big Dick Friday night if you are still coming!!

D-BO
06-19-2002, 08:33 AM
The crew from Joplin will be down there!! We'll be in the following boats: 35ft cig, 23ft eliminator (twin ob's), 27ft grandsport, 29ft scarab p29!! We'll be at shooters of a night!!

D-BO
07-18-2002, 10:20 AM
It's the weekend of the 24th and 25th! I think the races are actually on Sunday!The crew from Joplin MO will be down there early on Saturday for a day on the water and then at Shooters for the evening party!!We'll have 3 boats down there, 35ft cig with lime green and purple designs, scarab p29, and a 27ft grandsport performance boat. What's everyone else going to be in??

Thunderbutt
07-19-2002, 01:38 PM
I live a the lake, alwayes go to the shootout, can't run because my boat is only 20 feet. If anyone is in the area of the big Niangua arm 2- mile mark, Beauty Cove, boat name is Thunderbutt stop in and have a beer. I thought I was the only one on the ***boat net from Mo. superV:
who's comin and whatcha bringing any west costers coming!

BigDaddy
07-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Thunderbutt:
I live a the lake, alwayes go to the shootout, can't run because my boat is only 20 feet. If anyone is in the area of the big Niangua arm 2- mile mark, Beauty Cove, boat name is Thunderbutt stop in and have a beer. I thought I was the only one on the ***boat net from Mo. superV:
who's comin and whatcha bringing any west costers coming!I am not sure yet but I think Flash and his Twin Turbin are gonna be there I will ask him tomorrow and see. it is a 37 ft Eliminator Cat Hull with Twin Turbin Engines. O heck cant describe it very well heres a Pic of it.
http://pstr-m01.ygpweb.aol.com/data/001/43/4E/64/41/lRdl5cp+l4KhU7Hg-UTB7sGuYeET0ic60180.jpg
went there for a poker run couple of weeks ago with it.
Tope speed Unknown yet but set up for over 150mph and let me Tell ya this Boat is Awesome to watch.
Thanks BigDaDDy Keep it wet :rolleyes:

Thunderbutt
07-20-2002, 08:20 AM
Big DaDDy, what a boat. If he can get into thoses numbers he might be king of the lake. Didn't 167 do it last year, but Scott. Bob Morgan (Bigthunder) doesn't like all of this competition. I love thoses Surface drives, are they Arneson drives?

D-BO
07-21-2002, 01:50 PM
167 did take top dog!!! I look for top dog to be running in the low 170's!

Thunderbutt
07-26-2002, 12:42 PM
Maybe we will have a big Cat boat that will go faster the Miss Bud. Scotts boat,or Sorcerer, or the Flash twin turbin boat. UOTE]Originally posted by D-BO:
167 did take top dog!!! I look for top dog to be running in the low 170's![/QUOTE]

burbanite
07-26-2002, 01:56 PM
OK,
now if, and I mean a BIG if, I were to decide to jump in my truck and tow my boat to LOTO for this deal where the hell would I head to when I got there?
I would be driving west on 70 so I guess 54 South to??
I would want to be where I can launch my boat,and not go too far to where the fun is. I will probably have to sleep in the truck cos this is me toying with a last minute whim here. Bear in mind that I have a little old 18' Sanger Hydro jet with not much freeboard and it does not get too far from a gas dock. Is there a suitable location for me to see the action without venturing into the rough stuff? I know nothing of the area so would have to rely on your advice so that I don't spend a lot of wasted time looking for the "place to be." I also don't want to get swamped.
Apart from the late hour, is this realistic for my type of boat?
[ July 26, 2002, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: burbanite ]

Thunderbutt
07-27-2002, 05:18 AM
Burbanite,You would take 54 south into Osagebeach, the 21 mile marker is were the race is held infront of Shooters 21 which is on lake road 54/56 I think, look on the map. That lake road is next to the Hospital entrance. I'm not sure I would put the Sanger Hydro in, even in the no wake zone there are waves that would go over the transom. Be carfull. burbanite:
OK,
now if, and I mean a BIG if, I were to decide to jump in my truck and tow my boat to LOTO for this deal where the hell would I head to when I got there?
I would be driving west on 70 so I guess 54 South to??
I would want to be where I can launch my boat,and not go too far to where the fun is. I will probably have to sleep in the truck cos this is me toying with a last minute whim here. Bear in mind that I have a little old 18' Sanger Hydro jet with not much freeboard and it does not get too far from a gas dock. Is there a suitable location for me to see the action without venturing into the rough stuff? I know nothing of the area so would have to rely on your advice so that I don't spend a lot of wasted time looking for the "place to be." I also don't want to get swamped.
Apart from the late hour, is this realistic for my type of boat?

kc***boat
07-29-2002, 12:12 PM
We will be there to run to run the HTM this year.

D-BO
07-30-2002, 08:34 PM
plans have changed we will be in a 41' Apache cat
we will be in the stereo competition at shooters

kc***boat
07-31-2002, 06:58 AM
They cancelled the stereo competition at shooters
this year.
http://www.lakeshootout.com/
[ July 31, 2002, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: kc***boat ]

D-BO
08-05-2002, 10:29 AM
The stero competition is back on!! The Apache will be there! Some one else will be running the show, but it's still at Shooters!

Thunderbutt
08-11-2002, 02:11 PM
kc***boat, Are you the guy with the HTM that I saw at Jim Cruses powercoat shop in Osagebeach last week? Good luck on your run. I'll look for you at the shootout.
kc***boat:
We will be there to run to run the HTM this year.

Sea Esta
08-12-2002, 06:01 PM
Sea Esta here....New to this board. Been lookin for a place to chat with others from LOTO. Were at the lake just about every weekend. Were at the 10MM on the Niangua, across from Bridal Cave. We have a Hurricane GS 232 with a Yamaha 200 HPDI. Not what you would call a Hot Boat but will have to do for the time being. Been looking at a PlayCraft Tritoon Extreme with a pair of 225 Yamaha's straped to the back. Hope to meet others from the board as the weeks go by. Sea Esta. wink

Badboat1
08-12-2002, 06:27 PM
The BadBoys from Texas will be there lookin to kick some ass .Hope to see all of you there.
Badboat

kc***boat
08-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Thunderbutt:
kc***boat, Are you the guy with the HTM that I saw at Jim Cruses powercoat shop in Osagebeach last week? Good luck on your run. I'll look for you at the shootout.
kc***boat:
We will be there to run to run the HTM this year.Yes that was me.

BigDaddy
08-20-2002, 01:37 PM
Badboat1:
The BadBoys from Texas will be there lookin to kick some ass .Hope to see all of you there.
BadboatHey BadBoat I am trying to be able to make it to the fun in the sun to support my Fellow Texans Like Flash and everyone else but I wish you and every one well and fun if I dont make it Take care.

BigDaddy
08-20-2002, 03:11 PM
superV:
who's comin and whatcha bringing any west costers coming!Hey superV I just got word from a secrete source that there is a Guy coming from Florida with a 43 footer Cat Hull with Twin Turbins and it is said he has 9000HP and went 190s at 70 percent and it will go faster if this is true it should be able to do well over 200mph he is from Italy or something he is supposed to be there and he has a 55footer that will do well over 130 or faster this will be one site to see with all these boats that are suppose to show up.
I do know that Flash will be there probably Thursday or friday morning I am trying to be able to go. I love that Paint Job on the Sorcerer Boat.
Hey take care and Have fun.
and hey Those are Arneson drives on flashes Boat.

Badboat1
08-20-2002, 05:49 PM
Hey Bigdaddy enjoyed talkin to ya on the phone hope you can make it.Going to be a kick ass event
Badboat1

BigDaddy
08-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Badboat1:
Hey Bigdaddy enjoyed talkin to ya on the phone hope you can make it.Going to be a kick ass event
Badboat1Yeh I hope I can make it sounds like a blast and if not we can get togather some time around Dallas or the Brazos talk to ya later.