PDA

View Full Version : Jetfest 2003 Results are in !

cookieman
09-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Well the result are in and all I can say was you guys that didn't get make the JetFest you missed out on a great weekend of boating and friendship. We meet 2 of the best groups of people that south Texas has to offer... the Orange Grove(Midnight Boat Wurks) and the Del Rio Group(Liquid Hot Rods Boat Shop). The first day was great meeting everyone and seeing all the beautiful boats and of course women. I guess with such a huge gathering there will always be a mishap such as the sinking of 1 boat. I know that with all the great help from the boys that the boat will be up and running by the weekend. It has great to see how a bunch of guys pull together to help one another with their boats. Sunday was great with the fly by with the helicopter to take a group picture. I know that there was plenty of pictures taken and I hope that there will be plenty of postings to let everyone see what a great time we had. I know that this was my first time and I meet many new people and was able to put a name, face and boat together. I hope to hear from some of the people that I got to meet. Hope to see you guys in OCT at the Lake Whitney get together. TTUL Bill "COOKIEMAN"

Jim Hall
09-02-2003, 04:46 AM
Man we had a great time!!We did not get a chance to meet everyone but the people we did meet were great. Cookieman is right,all the boats in attendance were awesome (the west coast guy's have nothing on us Texans). Personally I was in Jetboat heaven, got a chance to run a few boats on Sat. and Sun.,a lot of great roosters. The helicopter doing aerials was really cool. There was not a place on the lake where there was not a jetboat running.Again thanks everybody we are definetly looking forward to next year. Oh by the way when we finally wandered over to get T shirts they were sold out, is there a chance there will be any available?

mrgoslow
09-02-2003, 06:46 AM
cookieman, nice to have met you i hope you do come back next year. james said he would be back w/friends. all in all a sweet weekend with the exception of kenneths tx-17. still not recovered, some think its upside down in the silt. divers and dragging , w/no luck and thats not cheap.
ps, i hope you enjoy the present i left on your front seat, it did look good w/ your boat.

Greaser
09-02-2003, 09:22 AM
<------**kicks self in the ass for not going** frown

Tim_T
09-02-2003, 09:26 AM
It was a blast til the boat dropped another 6 quarts of oil between the stringers. There was some nice boats out there though. Just wish i could have stayed longer. oh well i'll have a fresh motor for next year.
Tim

fat rat
09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words! :cool:

cookieman
09-02-2003, 06:56 PM
I think there was plenty of pics taken of JetFest. I know that I took almost 250, and there were many more people taking pics. Hang tight and I would bet that within the next few weeks there will be plenty of pics of JetFest 2003.

fat rat
09-02-2003, 07:03 PM
cookieman:
I think there was plenty of pics taken of JetFest. I know that I took almost 250, and there were many more people taking pics. Hang tight and I would bet that within the next few weeks there will be plenty of pics of JetFest 2003. Hey Cookieman........did you say weeks? sleeping :D

jerhodes
09-03-2003, 04:05 AM
Hey,Cookieman, it was great meeting you and all the great people at jetfest 03. Had a ball!!!! So many beautiful fast boats! I found a New Cheyenne pickle fork hull. The guy in Nacogdoches has a mold and is going to make one with my color selection. Will be starting soon. Thanks for the ride. See ya. Thanks to Jim, as well.

OldFaithful Squirter
09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Some Pictures have been posted on image center, go to the first page on image center and type in jetfest in the search window. You will see the ones Cookieman took and the ones OldFaithful Squirter took. As I get more I will post them as well. If anyone is interest we are gathering again on September 20th and 21st on Medina Lake just north of San Antonio. So anyone whom wants to join us come meet us at Goat Hill Camp. For more jet boats and fun in the sun.
We will Jet'cha there!

Liberator TJ1984
09-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Thanks to all who made it down this year , I met alot of good folks over the weekend smile_sp
Jim I missed ya even though a few times you were parked right under my nose....
as MrGoSlow stated ; Ken still has not recovered his boat which has put a big dampner on the event but we have faith it will be found soon , the guys here won't give up wink
Cookieman hope to see you up at Plowman's with the rest of the gang
till then take care All
Gopherrr

BigDaddy
09-08-2003, 06:34 PM
cookieman:
I think there was plenty of pics taken of JetFest. I know that I took almost 250, and there were many more people taking pics. Hang tight and I would bet that within the next few weeks there will be plenty of pics of JetFest 2003. Hey Cookie I also am Kicking myself for not being able to go now that I have my boat back and Running I just couldnt afford to go this year But I am trying to make the Plowman GiG if Possible Talk to ya Later and Hope to see all Yall south Texas Boaters There Again.

Liberator TJ1984
09-29-2003, 08:20 AM
Just a late update :
Ken's TX-17 that sank on Jetfest weekend was found and recovered Sat. eve :D
The boat was taken in and stripped down that same night.
From what i hear it is in very good shape with only a few minor scratches and should only have to replace a few of the electronics.
Scoop was still intact and seat cushions were under bow...worst part was boat and motor full of MUD but after being on the bottom of the lake for a month that could be expected
Way to go Guys :D
Gopherrr
[ September 29, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Liberator TJ1984 ]

mrgoslow
09-29-2003, 08:49 AM
that's "TX-17" chris.

Liberator TJ1984
09-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Better ????? :D