PDA

View Full Version : Anyone goin to the Shootout?

buck183
07-27-2003, 03:53 PM
There's a lot of talk on two other forums I frequent about attending the annual Shootout @ LOTO.
For such a hotbed of performance minded boaters I'm surprised I haven't seen mention of it here.
Is there a group of people that will be attending? If so, reply. Looks to be quite of few boats going from the other two forums.
Buck

burbanite
07-27-2003, 04:10 PM
buck183:
For such a hotbed of performance minded boaters I'm surprised I haven't seen mention of it here.
Buck I hope you know that this is a West Coast forum, what are you thinking... :D
Actually, I have tried to do this a couple of times. Several things have stood in my way..
1. My boat would sink outside the no wake zone.
2. My engine is broken.
3. My work schedule is f**ked up.
Hope to do it one day.

buck183
07-28-2003, 07:19 PM
burbanite,
Sounds like you've got a lot standing in your way. LOL That one about sinking outside the No Wake zone it a whopper. It can get hairy there.
Yeah, I know it's pretty much left coasters in here. Been saying that for a long time now. I've come to realize if you don't live West of the Rockies you're opinion or posts don't matter much in here. Oh well? wink I'm married and used to that. :D
It would be nice to meet up with some people from the board at the Shootout.
We'll probably do the usual Big Dick's run on Friday afternoon and shoot the minnow. Friday night is usually at the Horny Toad. Saturday will be well spent at the infamous Party Cove. Saturday night is usually dinner at one of the many on water restaurants. (do they have those at Havasu? LOL) Saturday night at Shooters to see all the race hardware and chrome. What a site. Sunday watch the Shootout. Some will spend another day at Party Cove again. (for good reasons)
Buck
[ July 28, 2003, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

superV
07-29-2003, 05:45 AM
There has been a few threads on this and there will be several peeps going from this board just have to wait till it gets closer! But one thing is for sure i will be there :D

dorC
07-29-2003, 09:03 AM
Damn hillbillie rednecks should stay in the hills!

ONAROLL
07-29-2003, 05:54 PM
dorC,
Hillbilly Rednecks?, well you gotta be talking to me, born in Torrance CA, raised in Palm Desert Ca, lived and ran boats in San Diego and Oceanside, got into Jets in Oregon, moved to and currently live in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, I have 5 fast boat friendly lakes, without noise regulations, within 40 mins of my home, LOTO a couple hours away, I dont have theft problems at the ramps, gangland wantabees, asshole lake patrol, my kids are safe in the swimming area without fear of of some ****ing nut in a powerboat ripping them to shreds, you can start in Kindergarten and finish your Masters right here in the "Hills" and comments from some unknown asshole like you get under my skin quick...just my .02

buck183
07-29-2003, 07:12 PM
ONAROLL:
dorC,
Hillbilly Rednecks?, well you gotta be talking to me, born in Torrance CA, raised in Palm Desert Ca, lived and ran boats in San Diego and Oceanside, got into Jets in Oregon, moved to and currently live in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, I have 5 fast boat friendly lakes, without noise regulations, within 40 mins of my home, LOTO a couple hours away, I dont have theft problems at the ramps, gangland wantabees, asshole lake patrol, my kids are safe in the swimming area without fear of of some ****ing nut in a powerboat ripping them to shreds, you can start in Kindergarten and finish your Masters right here in the "Hills" and comments from some unknown asshole like you get under my skin quick...just my .02 LOL! Well said ONAROLL. I've never really thought of it that way. I do see people posting on hear bitching about stuff getting stolen and vandalized quite frequently. It's something I've never worried about. Just don't have to deal with it. Not to mention, I think there's a small difference in the cost of living too. :) Can't remember ever seeing anyone gang related at the lake either. Never had anyone murdered at any of the lakes I go to. (I would guess we frequent the same lakes from the looks of it) Never had anything said to me about my boat being too loud. Never had to worry about my vehicles passing smog tests. I can go offroad anywhere I want to without having permits or getting ticketed. Must suck to have so much regulation to live under. I doubt anyone that could sit behind a computer screen and say something like that would have enough balls to come out and say it to some of the good ol boys anyway. What do you think ONAROLL? Maybe he should spend an evening in Kenwood, OK with some of our native bretheren. LOL
Anyway, let's get back on subject. Anyone else going to the Shootout?
Buck
[ July 29, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

Infomaniac
07-29-2003, 07:32 PM
dorC:
Damn hillbillie rednecks should stay in the hills! What brought that on?
We better stay in the hills. dorC is probably the reason for all the recent posts in the sandbar with similar subjects lately.

ONAROLL
07-29-2003, 07:42 PM
lol.....I know Kenwood, Im sure we have to travel the same lakes, I know Info's boat, what kind and color have you got, I'll look for it and spring for beers..........

Sea Esta
07-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Laughing pretty good....My boat sits on the water 365/24/7. I've had one problem in all the years we've been there. SOme took our towels off the line in the slip. We hunted them down and found them. Once they left and gave us our towels back, we realized we got more towels than they took. Hmmmm, wonder who's towels they gave us....
We'll be at the Shootout. Probably will hit BigDick's Friday as well.

Posey
07-30-2003, 04:57 AM
dorC:
Damn hillbillie rednecks should stay in the hills! Don't let your alligator mouth get your coondog ass in trouble

burbanite
07-30-2003, 05:16 AM
Posey:
dorC:
Damn hillbillie rednecks should stay in the hills! Don't let your alligator mouth get your coondog ass in trouble :D :D
Dork, I mean DorC just stepped in a pile didn't he....

buck183
07-30-2003, 05:38 AM
ONAROLL:
lol.....I know Kenwood, Im sure we have to travel the same lakes, I know Info's boat, what kind and color have you got, I'll look for it and spring for beers.......... 26' Scarab. We usually come down to Tenkiller about twice a year to party a little at the cove. We'll see Grand about twice a year too. (prefer Tenkiller though) :) Most of our time is spent on Beaver Lake.
Take care.
Buck

dorC
07-30-2003, 12:04 PM
buck-look at the name and think about it. idea I think we know each other. devil
[ July 30, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: dorC ]

dorC
07-30-2003, 12:09 PM
onaroll-so from what website did you borrow my avitar from? :rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
07-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Deja vu..........I was just in one of these "the west coast is the greatest, and if you live anywhere else you are a hilljack" threads the other day. These attitudes are getting old. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/thefinger_red.gif I am in a similar situation as Burbanite.....my boat would sink quick. :( I am freeboard challenged.
[ July 30, 2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

buck183
07-30-2003, 04:35 PM
dorC:
buck-look at the name and think about it. idea I think we know each other. devil Man, you got me on that one. I'm racking my brain trying to think of who you are. I can break down the nickname and come up with a last name that I know VERY well. Dunno if that's it or not. Can I have another hint?
Buck

buck183
07-30-2003, 04:37 PM
HavasuDreamin':
Deja vu..........I was just in one of these "the west coast is the greatest, and if you live anywhere else you are a hilljack" threads the other day. These attitudes are getting old. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/thefinger_red.gif I am in a similar situation as Burbanite.....my boat would sink quick. :( I am freeboard challenged. LOL...That's funny HavasuD. I fell out of my chair when I read your reply.
I don't really think it's an issue of what or where is better. It's more that someone shot off their mouth and he's hearing about it now. That's the way I see it.
Buck

dorC
07-31-2003, 04:57 AM
Well, the avitar comment was the other hint. You're from the hills, so I'll give you another...we'll be staying together real soon. sleeping

buck183
07-31-2003, 05:33 AM
dorC:
Well, the avitar comment was the other hint. You're from the hills, so I'll give you another...we'll be staying together real soon. sleeping LOL...guess it's time for me to go eat some crow and edit some posts on this thread. Just figured it out.
The "hillbillie redneck" comment was meant in HEAVY sarcasm guys, trust me on this one. Meant more for me than anyone. I just realized who this is and why he said it.
Tim....knowing how some of the people on this site can be compared to the site we frequent you have to understand why I was so defensive. It's just a whole different world here than over there.
Sorry.
Buck

dorC
07-31-2003, 07:02 AM
Na, there's no reason to eat crow. There is also no reason for the other guys to retract their posts. Heck, I deserved it. :cool:
You see guys, buck and I are staying together down at loto. The running joke we have is that buck is the redneck from the hills and we're some pompus white trash from up north. This was all in fun, so I applogize to those that got caught up in my little joke.
Now lets go watch some boats that cost more than what we'll make in our lifetimes!

dorC
07-31-2003, 07:07 AM
Posy-you did get a laugh out of me with your reply. I'll have to remember that one!

Posey
07-31-2003, 05:20 PM
dorC:
Posy-you did get a laugh out of me with your reply. I'll have to remember that one! Just one of those ozark hillbilly sayings, you know how to stir the pot :D

buck183
07-31-2003, 06:50 PM
You see guys, buck and I are staying together down at loto. The running joke we have is that buck is the redneck from the hills and we're some pompus white trash from up north. This was all in fun, so I applogize to those that got caught up in my little joke.
Now lets go watch some boats that cost more than what we'll make in our lifetimes! [/QB][/QUOTE]
You're still white trash.
Buck

Posey
08-01-2003, 05:55 AM
No problemo :D

dorC
08-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey, white trailer trash is still better than redneck trailer trash! :D
So, who's going to be the fastest this year? Callan or David Scott?
Lets really stir the pot...who has the better boat? :D

mbrown2
08-01-2003, 09:39 AM
I hear DCB is taking an F34, F29 and maybe Extreme F28 to the Shootout...I don't think they are out to try and beat David Scott, just want to run what they brought... :)
Kind of wish I was going.

XTRM22
08-01-2003, 10:00 AM
mbrown2:
I hear DCB is taking an F34, F29 and maybe Extreme F28 to the Shootout...I don't think they are out to try and beat David Scott, just want to run what they brought... :)
Kind of wish I was going. Damn, there's another reason to wish I could go! Some of those midwest lakes look awesome, and LOTO looks like the biggest/craziest. Someday when I can afford a bigger boat the gas to tow it out there I'd really like to see it and especially the The ShootOut. I was kinda in shock when i went back to Iowa with my wife to see her family and found that there were 3 lakes big enough for our DCB within like 30 minutes of her home town (Spencer). I'm not that good at making decisions, it's a good thing our choices out here are limited wink
CHuck

buck183
08-01-2003, 08:23 PM
dorC:
Hey, white trailer trash is still better than redneck trailer trash! :D
So, who's going to be the fastest this year? Callan or David Scott?
Lets really stir the pot...who has the better boat? :D Depends...Does Bud plan on playing by the rules this year? jawdrop
Buck

ONAROLL
08-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Life's good,

tsnave
08-03-2003, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbrown2:
[QB] I hear DCB is taking an F34, F29 and maybe Extreme F28 to the Shootout...
Is this true? I would love to meet Dave and to view his boats first hand. LOTO needs to be exposed to DCB. smile_sp

Sea Esta
08-04-2003, 04:19 AM
I had just read this past weekend that Callan wasn't going to be there this year. Same goes for Miss Bud. And they had changed the rules so Miss Bud can't compete anymore. I think the rules states that Hydroplanes can't compete. Or something to that effect.

dorC
08-04-2003, 02:14 PM
I think they can compete, but the boats can crane in and have to launch from a certain ramp. I know I have it wrong, but the rule was something to that effect. It's something that won't be enforced, but it got the message across to a few people. Frankly, I'd like to see a class for the hydroplanes. Maybe we could get a couple of them to run against each other. That would have been cool.

buck183
08-04-2003, 04:15 PM
It would be a shame if Callan didn't make it. They deserve the title at least once after last year.
Buck

mbrown2
08-06-2003, 07:17 AM
tsnave:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbrown2:
[QB] I hear DCB is taking an F34, F29 and maybe Extreme F28 to the Shootout...
Is this true? I would love to meet Dave and to view his boats first hand. LOTO needs to be exposed to DCB. smile_sp Yes, it is true. Give Dave a call and find out where they are staying and where they will be hanging. I am sure they will love to show you around the boats.
Mike

tsnave
08-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks Mike! I e-mailed Dave to get the details. I am very pleased to get a chance to meet Dave and check out the lineup. smile_sp

sammtron
08-06-2003, 09:47 PM
i will be there fri 4 the shoot out. ( aka amer3)
[ August 06, 2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: sammtron ]

Badboat1
08-10-2003, 06:45 PM
I.Think I have it worked out with my busy days.Fly up friday night and come back Sunday night.Bud is going to make the drive with a boat that we can crusie in.I will keep you up to date.
BB1