PDA

View Full Version : Little Creek Regatta/Chesapeake Bay Poker Run Aug 1st & 2nd Va. Beach...

Reckless288
02-20-2003, 10:43 PM
August 1st & 2nd come to the Little Creek Regatta/Chesapeake Bay Poker run in Va. Beach, VA.
Poker Run portion is coordinated by the Hampton Roads Powerboat Association (HRPA) www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html (http://www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html)
Brief schedule of events:
Captians meeting and party satuday night with live band. Run Saturday morning 10am-3pm 97 miles. "Margaritaville" social at the dock then the post run party with another live band and prizes for:
best hand-$1000
2nd best-$500
3rd best-$250
4th best-$150
5th best-$100
Entry fee: $150, 10% discount if signed up by 31 March.
Icludes:
One poker hand
Lunch stop for 4 people
T-shirts for 4 people
Entry to both parties, 4 people...
Other items of interest:
Silent auctions for various items (ladies love to get in this)
Free food
Beverages for purchase
50+ performance boats all shapes and sizes
Simultaneous sailboat regatta
Simultaneous fishing tournament
Cruiser class poker run separate than performance boats (more for smaller family boats and cruisers)
All will party together both nights. A boating extravaganza!
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO ST JUDES CHILDREN RESEARCH HOSPITAL.
...and best of all...one friggin good boatin time.
2003 info will be updated as of next week (24-28 Feb) on the event website (www.littlecreekregatta.org) and you can register either via the web or email me and I'll send you a registration copy and answer any questions you may have about the course, area, lodging, etc.
Several from the Richmond Powerboat Association (RPBA) will be there as well.
Rick Elkins (Reckless288)
Elkinsx4@cox.net

737jetmech
02-23-2003, 06:09 PM
I'll put this on the list! It sounds like a good time , Aug is a busy month for us .

HammerDown
02-23-2003, 06:18 PM
737jetmech:
I'll put this on the list! It sounds like a good time , Aug is a busy month for us . Well I guess you would put it on your list...now that ya got a BIG, OFFSHORE POWER BOAT to do it with....lol
something tells me the Flats is going to be a lonely place this summer. :( In the words of George Throgood "I drink alone"
[ February 23, 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

737jetmech
02-23-2003, 06:26 PM
HammerDown:
737jetmech:
I'll put this on the list! It sounds like a good time , Aug is a busy month for us . Well I guess you would put it on your list...now that ya got a BIG, OFFSHORE POWER BOAT to do it with....lol
something tells me the Flats is going to be a lonely place this summer. :( In the words of George Throgood "I drink alone" Don't worry Ray, with the price of gas I'll be spending a lot of time on the flats.
Remember... You will need help with the Best of show judging.Anything I can do to help!

Reckless288
03-01-2003, 10:15 PM
Come on down guys, it'll become an annual habit...
Go to the website below for info on my club and some pics of those who are in it...
[ March 01, 2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Reckless288 ]

DansBlown73Nordic
03-02-2003, 02:55 AM
If gas gets to be what CNN has mentioned a few times I will be launching my boats in the swimming pool. burningm

Moomawnster
03-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Oh Dan!..... you wouldn't put a BOAT in a swimming pool would you ! wink Just in case we do get to go this year I got a neo vest for $40 on E-bay this morning .... check it out if your lookin for one !
[ March 02, 2003, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Moomawnster ]

YAMADOG
03-07-2003, 07:05 AM
Question,
Never done a Poker run before, but they look like fun. Is their any kind of requirement for the boat to enter? Our boat is kinda smallish, and only good for about 54 mph....

Reckless288
03-09-2003, 09:04 PM
YAMADOG, poker runs are extremely fun events for the boating enthusiasts. It's essentially a fun run (not a race) to anywhere from 3-7 stops for either a 5 or 7 card stud game. You go to each stop where you will pick up a card usually in a sealed envelope. At the end of the day the cards are pulled at the post-event party and the best 1-5 hands win a prize. There will of course be few who will run a little harder in the beginning but they usually back down to cruise once the adrenaline rush is out of the way. A majority though will cruise and take in the sight of many nice boats and the surrounding area of the run itself. The party's of course are a blast and a great time to talk nothing but boating until your heart's content...
Our run has two class of boats that will run separate courses. One of course is the offshore boats who will average 50-60 mph throughout the run. The other group are the smaller less aggressive group which will include sport boats of allkinds/power and some cruiser boats. The expected average cruise speeds for them are 30-40 mph...